Author Topic: Cruz Delivers Forceful Speech Denouncing Anti-Semitism  (Read 821 times)

Offline libertybele

Cruz Delivers Forceful Speech Denouncing Anti-Semitism
« on: June 16, 2019, 02:40:32 am »
Cruz Delivers Forceful Speech Denouncing Anti-Semitism

Texas senator Ted Cruz took to the Senate floor Thursday afternoon to denounce anti-Semitism moments before the Senate unanimously passed his bipartisan resolution condemning all forms of anti-Semitism.

"We're living in an era where the need for a strong and clear condemnation of anti-Semitism has become acute," Cruz said.

Cruz then went on to discuss the uptick in anti-Semitic attacks and violence in the United States and abroad, highlighting such horrific incidents as the shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh which killed eleven people.

"We have seen the growth on our college campuses of movements to aggressively boycott products made by Jews in Israel," he continued, highlighting the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement.

During his speech, Cruz pointed to the House of Representatives’ failure to pass a resolution earlier this year specifically condemning anti-Semitism after Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) made numerous anti-Semitic remarks including insinuating American Jews have a dual loyalty to Israel. ..........

https://freebeacon.com/issues/senator-cruz-delivers-forceful-senate-speech-denouncing-anti-semitism/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Cruz Delivers Forceful Speech Denouncing Anti-Semitism
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 03:30:18 am »
unanimous. :thumbsup:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 03:55:28 am »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 05:09:48 am »
He's really going out on a limb with this; very brave. That's why we all love him.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 10:56:28 am »
He's really going out on a limb with this; very brave. That's why we all love him.

@TomSea

What's this "we all" stuff? You pregnant?

He IS doing MUCH better now than he used to do,but he still has the stink of John McLunatic attached to him,and I still don't trust him. I'm not the only one,either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 01:56:47 pm »
@TomSea

He IS doing MUCH better now than he used to do,but he still has the stink of John McLunatic attached to him,and I still don't trust him. I'm not the only one,either.

@sneakypete John McCain and Ted Cruz?   I think you've got the wrong guy, Pete.  What did Cruz have to do with McCain?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 02:30:59 pm »
Love Ted!!  He's not afraid to stand behind what he believes in. 

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 02:31:44 pm »
@TomSea

McCain and Cruz???? Talk about two polar opposites!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 03:19:31 pm »

This was a good speech by the Senator, but a resolution condemning anti-Semitism that passes unanimously in the Senate isn't going out on a limb.   

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 04:01:01 pm »
Love Ted!!  He's not afraid to stand behind what he believes in. 

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

:amen:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 05:55:08 pm »
@sneakypete John McCain and Ted Cruz?   I think you've got the wrong guy, Pete.  What did Cruz have to do with McCain?

@Sanguine

Maybe I am wrong,but I seem to remember him being wishy-washy and voting with McLunatic more than the conservatives. He and Lady Lindsey,both. Both ARE doing MUCH better now that McLunatic is planted,but I still have trust issues with both while praising them for taking good stands for a change.

FWIW,Cruz WAS more reliable than Lady Lindsey,but that's not saying much. Praising with faint damns.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:55:57 pm by sneakypete »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 05:57:26 pm »
This was a good speech by the Senator, but a resolution condemning anti-Semitism that passes unanimously in the Senate isn't going out on a limb.   

@Right_in_Virginia

Cruz gets praised for being brave enough to get out of bed in the morning,

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 06:04:27 pm »
@Sanguine

Maybe I am wrong,but I seem to remember him being wishy-washy and voting with McLunatic more than the conservatives. He and Lady Lindsey,both. Both ARE doing MUCH better now that McLunatic is planted,but I still have trust issues with both while praising them for taking good stands for a change.

FWIW,Cruz WAS more reliable than Lady Lindsey,but that's not saying much. Praising with faint damns.

Cruz wishy-washy and voting along with McCain??  Now I definitely know that you have him confused with someone else.  Cruz has one of the most conservative voting records of any Senator.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 06:09:12 pm »
Oh,  I got it,  @sneakypete you're thinking of the other Cubano, Marco Rubio.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 06:18:38 pm »
Oh,  I got it,  @sneakypete you're thinking of the other Cubano, Marco Rubio.

@Sanguine

Could be. I think I am going to follow Denny Crane's lead and start claiming Mad Cow instead of Chemo Brain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 06:43:06 pm »
@Sanguine

Could be. I think I am going to follow Denny Crane's lead and start claiming Mad Cow instead of Chemo Brain.

:silly:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 10:10:48 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Cruz gets praised for being brave enough to get out of bed in the morning,

88devil  @sneakypete