Author Topic: Mexico migration chief offers resignation  (Read 232 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Mexico migration chief offers resignation
« on: June 15, 2019, 09:11:15 pm »
June 15 2019 - 6:41AM
Mexico migration chief offers resignation
Maria Verza

Mexico's immigration chief has presented his resignation to the president as the country embarks on a crackdown on irregular migration through its territory in response to US pressure.
The National Immigration Institute said in a brief statement on Friday that Tonatiuh Guillen thanked President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador for the opportunity to serve the country, but it did not give a reason for why he presented his resignation.

Earlier Friday, Lopez Obrador acknowledged that controls are lax at dozens of crossings at the country's southern border, vowing to correct the situation amid US pressure to crack down on migration from Central America.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6218775/mexico-migration-chief-offers-resignation/?cs=14232

The article goes on to say that there has been no sign of National Guard presence in the Southern City of Tapachula , near Guatemala. Nor has there been any notable change at the Suchiate border river, where locals and migrants alike commonly cross.

I saw a video of Thursday.  Several rafts running back and forth, back and forth with Migrants getting off on the Mexican side of the border.  God Bless Donald Trump anyway.  He believed that they were going to do as they said.  I saw a clip of him saying 6,000 troops to the border and we had never seen that!  Unfortunately it hasn't happened yet.  I hope it does.

What really needs to be done is to charge the people who are involved in the human trafficking ring that brings all of these illegal immigrants.  On both sides of the border.  Whoever is involved.  That means the Drug Cartel.  And stop all the freebies. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Re: Mexico migration chief offers resignation
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 10:57:27 pm »
Definitely not a good sign.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Mexico migration chief offers resignation
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 11:11:39 pm »
Definitely not a good sign.

Thats what I thought.  But is it?  Depends if he wanted to resign because he doesn't want to enforce borders? Or could it be the Mexican President doesn't?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.