Author Topic: Wasserman Schultz Pushes Ammo Background Check Named for Parkland Victim  (Read 1145 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Truth About Guns by Dan Zimmerman Jun 11, 2019

Wasserman Schultz Pushes Ammo Background Check Named for Parkland Victim Who Wouldn’t Have Been Saved By It

By now, it’s been widely and conclusively established that the Parkland shooting was an epic failure of everyone involved in every level of government. Whether it was the Broward Schools, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas administration and security staff, the school resource officer, the Broward County Sheriff, or the FBI, every one of them failed to do even the minimum amount necessary to prevent the deaths of seventeen students and teachers.

None of that, however, stopped the Florida legislature from enacting a slate of bills that would have done nothing to stop the shooting that day. But why stop there? As long as there are grandstanding politicians who oppose civilian firearm ownership, there’s always more opportunity to use a colossal failure like Parkland to push still more restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms.

Which brings us to Florida’s Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz. She’s foursquare behind a federal universal background check requirement for ammunition purchases. Yes, ammunition.

And just to ensure she pulls on as many hearstrings as possible when speechifying on the bill’s manifest benefits, she and Da Nang Dick Blumenthal, the bill’s co-authors, named the background check bill after one of the dead Parkland students.

More: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wasserman-schultz-pushes-ammo-background-check-named-for-parkland-victim-that-wouldnt-have-saved-her/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Does this ditz really want to spark the sort of boom in backyard metallurgical skills and chemistry experiments that such nonsense would start? Once people can make little things, they might get ideas....

Unintended Consequences seem to be the way of the (Democrat) Communist Party, though.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Does this ditz really want to spark the sort of boom in backyard metallurgical skills and chemistry experiments that such nonsense would start? Once people can make little things, they might get ideas....

Unintended Consequences seem to be the way of the (Democrat) Communist Party, though.

@Smokin Joe people that hand load will be next.  The Democrats march towards gun confiscation goes in increments.  They know people would switch to hand loading if something like background checks go into effect.  I guarantee you the anti gun organizations are already worling on how to stifle that realm of gun ownership as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline rustynail

BLOAT.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Smokin Joe people that hand load will be next.  The Democrats march towards gun confiscation goes in increments.  They know people would switch to hand loading if something like background checks go into effect.  I guarantee you the anti gun organizations are already worling on how to stifle that realm of gun ownership as well.

If it came to that, primers become the critical component. Cast bullets are easily made. When powder is unavailable, black powder is not that difficult to make. But smokeless powder keeps for many, many years with no degradation. Cases can be reused many times if one doesn't load to max pressure.

I began reloading back when my dad helped me purchase my first centerfire firearm, a 30-30. I was around 14 and reloaded using a Lee-Loader. And have been an avid reloader ever since.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If it came to that, primers become the critical component. Cast bullets are easily made. When powder is unavailable, black powder is not that difficult to make. But smokeless powder keeps for many, many years with no degradation. Cases can be reused many times if one doesn't load to max pressure.

I began reloading back when my dad helped me purchase my first centerfire firearm, a 30-30. I was around 14 and reloaded using a Lee-Loader. And have been an avid reloader ever since.
I have been reloading since I could pull the shotgun press. Centerfire rifle and pistol came later. I shoot black powder (flint and percussion, too). I can't make caps, but I can knap flint well enough.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis