Author Topic: Trump: 'We Are Going to Have Over 400 Miles of Wall Built by the End of Next Year'  (Read 938 times)

Online libertybele

He specifically states, that he's is actually fixing it.  So ... not additional border wall, but replacing/repairing.  Then he goes on to state that it will all be built.  Really?  What about the border along the states that he has allowed to opt out??  Such deception!

Trump: 'We Are Going to Have Over 400 Miles of Wall Built by the End of Next Year'

......"We are going to have over 400 miles of wall built by the end of next year. The wall is very important, it's hard to breach it, it's high, it's strong, it's powerful and it's going up at a much lower cost than the wall that was planned prior to me getting there -- it's much better wall, too."

Trump said the sections of wall built before he became president are a "disgrace."...........

...........And we are actually fixing it, and in some cases, we have to take down fairly new wall because it was so bad. But we're going to have over 400 miles of wall built, and that's going to be in the most important areas, and we're going to have all of it built before you know it. But this is despite tremendous obstacles that have been put in front of me by the Democrats. You have no idea.......

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-we-are-going-have-over-400-miles-wall-built-end-next-year
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

:rolling:

That amounts to roughly 2/3 of a mile of wall per day. According to https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-has-put-up-39-miles-of-wall-on-2-000-mile-border-despite-claims-of-more, they're averaging less than 2 miles per month.

Call me "skeptical". I think it's a ploy by Trump to keep his base on the train.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online libertybele

:rolling:

That amounts to roughly 2/3 of a mile of wall per day. According to https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-has-put-up-39-miles-of-wall-on-2-000-mile-border-despite-claims-of-more, they're averaging less than 2 miles per month.

Call me "skeptical". I think it's a ploy by Trump to keep his base on the train.

Absolutely.  Also, I think it is important for people to realize this isn't 400 miles of new border wall; it's to repair and/or replace.  Trump is even admitting to that.  Him saying that all of it will be built is b.s., all of the 400 miles perhaps, but we aren't going to get a wall along the entire border (terrain or no terrain) as needed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

Absolutely.  Also, I think it is important for people to realize this isn't 400 miles of new border wall; it's to repair and/or replace.  Trump is even admitting to that.  Him saying that all of it will be built is b.s., all of the 400 miles perhaps, but we aren't going to get a wall along the entire border (terrain or no terrain) as needed.

400 miles of effective border wall in the right places IMO would be sufficient. You can use other measures where geography limits travel on foot, and there's about a thousand miles of that in Texas and Arizona.

Combine that with apprehending those who have overstayed their visas, and I would wholeheartedly support the reelection of President Trump.

See how easy that was?   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online libertybele

400 miles of effective border wall in the right places IMO would be sufficient. You can use other measures where geography limits travel on foot, and there's about a thousand miles of that in Texas and Arizona.

Combine that with apprehending those who have overstayed their visas, and I would wholeheartedly support the reelection of President Trump.

See how easy that was?   :rolling:

I'm not so optimistic as 450 miles out of the 1,945 miles of border isn't squat.

Once there is a concentrated effort to stop them at the border, turn them around and head them in the direction from which they came, AND start massive deportation of illegals from our jail cells, I'd say some real progress is being made.

As for re-electing Trump??  Who else are you going to vote for to stop the DEMS from taking the oval office??

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I'm not so optimistic as 450 miles out of the 1,945 miles of border isn't squat.

Once there is a concentrated effort to stop them at the border, turn them around and head them in the direction from which they came, AND start massive deportation of illegals from our jail cells, I'd say some real progress is being made.

As for re-electing Trump??  Who else are you going to vote for to stop the DEMS from taking the oval office??

If you break the swiss cheese wall into 400 mile sections you might get Trump through 4 more years.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

If you break the swiss cheese wall into 400 mile sections you might get Trump through 4 more years.

Whether or not he defeats the DEMS again is yet to be seen, but have no doubt that he has no challenger(s) on the GOP side.  So the choice is voting for Trump in order to stop a DEM or straight out voting for a DEM.

No 3rd party candidate is going to emerge in time, nor strong enough to jump into the 2020 race.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Whether or not he defeats the DEMS again is yet to be seen, but have no doubt that he has no challenger(s) on the GOP side.  So the choice is voting for Trump in order to stop a DEM or straight out voting for a DEM.

No 3rd party candidate is going to emerge in time, nor strong enough to jump into the 2020 race.

Or not voting at all.  Trump has just about let everyone down.  If I see really great stuff happening before the next election I will vote for Trump.  More of the same, never.  Illegal immigration is at record levels.  It affects everything in politics and society, everything.  I just posted in the reparations thread.  What African Americans need is not welfare of reparation it is jobs. In places like Chicago they have to compete with sanctuary city illegal immigrants.  Every citizen is affected by illegal immigration.  We are put at risk for health issues.  We are literally raising other people's families for them. 

Trump had some yuge promises.  I don't blame it all on him but he isn't without blame either.  You know what I mean.  I have posted it many times.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:45:28 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Or not voting at all.  Trump has just about let everyone down.  If I see really great stuff happening before the next election I will vote for Trump.  More of the same, never.  Illegal immigration is at record levels.  It affects everything in politics and society, everything.  I just posted in the reparations thread.  What African Americans need is not welfare of reparation it is jobs. In places like Chicago they have to compete with sanctuary city illegal immigrants.  Every citizen is affected by illegal immigration.  We are put at risk for health issues.  We are literally raising other people's families for them. 

Trump had some yuge promises.  I don't blame it all on him but he isn't without blame either.  You know what I mean.  I have posted it many times.

Yes. I fully understand your reasoning and get what you are saying.  It is an absolute disgrace what is going on throughout this country and I agree with you that Trump has absolutely FAILED on the border and illegal immigration issues.

The election is months away and a lot can happen.  Since he has FAILED on the border and has been very slow to respond to the situation, my biggest fear is after his re-election he will take this country in a different direction.  I still believe that he will be better than the bat crap crazy DEMS.

Bill Cipher

Online libertybele

Told ya

Told us what?  Not quite sure what you're getting at here.  That he continues to spew his b.s.?  400 miles of new fence/barrier is a lot different that replacing and repair of existing fence.  Some of us figured this out quite awhile ago.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Told us what?  Not quite sure what you're getting at here.  That he continues to spew his b.s.?  400 miles of new fence/barrier is a lot different that replacing and repair of existing fence.  Some of us figured this out quite awhile ago.

Anybody who watches this video would have to agree that fixing fences is not enough

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Mexican+border+news+right+now&&view=detail&mid=CC849D5FA83384C88D54CC849D5FA83384C88D54&&FORM=VDRVRV

Online libertybele

Anybody who watches this video would have to agree that fixing fences is not enough

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Mexican+border+news+right+now&&view=detail&mid=CC849D5FA83384C88D54CC849D5FA83384C88D54&&FORM=VDRVRV

I think most of us realize what IS needed is new fence along the entire border.  There isn't time for that.  This is an invasion and it is to the point that he needs to DECLARE the invasion as an act of war and allow our military to defend our borders.

He has the authority to defend this country.  He needs to do it NOW.  The agreement with Mexico is like trying to stop a tornado with a fan trying to blow it in the opposite direction. Not going to work!

Offline Chosen Daughter

I think most of us realize what IS needed is new fence along the entire border.  There isn't time for that.  This is an invasion and it is to the point that he needs to DECLARE the invasion as an act of war and allow our military to defend our borders.

He has the authority to defend this country.  He needs to do it NOW.  The agreement with Mexico is like trying to stop a tornado with a fan trying to blow it in the opposite direction. Not going to work!

people are trying to flee the Ebola outbreak in the Congo right now.  They are coming in large groups across the border with no real medical assurance these people are not infected.  I don't hold much hope in Mexico either.  Like you say its a military emergency.

What I think might be true is that they may be using the Japanese internment camps to house illegal immigrants.  Who can blame them.  Is it better than cramming 500 people into a space meant for 75 where they are standing on toilets because there is no room?  Blame Democrats who refuse to do anything.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:58:55 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online libertybele

people are trying to flee the Ebola outbreak in the Congo right now.  They are coming in large groups across the border with no real medical assurance these people are not infected.  I don't hold much hope in Mexico either.  Like you say its a military emergency.

Last I heard those leaving the Congo have made it into TX and are winding up in Maine. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Cult45's greatest strength is their faith.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Last I heard those leaving the Congo have made it into TX and are winding up in Maine.

I heard they were being dispersed.  I hope Nancy Pelosi is the first to get Ebola.

Online libertybele