Author Topic: Donald Trump Announces Tom Homan as ‘Border Czar’  (Read 883 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump Announces Tom Homan as ‘Border Czar’
Breitbart, Jun 14, 2019

President Donald Trump announced Friday that former Acting Director of ICE Tom Homan would be the new immigration czar for his administration.

Trump broke the news during a morning phone conversation with Fox and Friends.

The president said that Homan would take a “border czar” position and would report directly to him.

“He’ll be a border czar, he’ll be very much involved with the border, he’ll be reporting directly to me, he’ll be probably be working out of the White House but probably spending a lot of time at the border,” Trump said. “He’s a good man. Done a good job.”
Homan served as the acting director of ICE in the Trump administration in 2017 before he joined Fox News Channel as a contributor in August 2018.

Trump also said he was not committed to nominating Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan to take the job full time.  “He is doing a very nice job, we’re going to see, I’ve got to get used to him, because its a very important thing to me, the border,” he said.

Trump noted that he was bringing in other “tough” people to handle immigration, such as Mark Morgan to lead ICE and Ken Cuccinelli at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.  “Ken Cuccinelli just took over, he’s fantastic, he’s as tough as you get, he’s smart,” Trump said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/14/donald-trump-announces-tom-homan-as-border-czar/

Online libertybele

Re: Donald Trump Announces Tom Homan as ‘Border Czar’
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 07:04:33 pm »
10 things to know about President Trump’s new “border czar”

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/10-things-know-president-trumps-new-border-czar/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 07:14:35 pm »
The announcement about Homan comes just days after the Trump administration announced that another immigration hawk, Ken Cuccinelli, has been tapped to head up United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and one day after news that Cuccinelli would be joined by John Zadrozny — another tough-on-immigration voice and ally of White House senior adviser Stephen Miller.

I know it's unlikely Trump will get credit for doing the right thing, but I do appreciate his efforts. He's got Mexico starting to do their part to fix this mess. He's getting the wall built. He's putting people in place who want our borders enforced and illegals out.

Way to go TRUMP!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 09:02:24 pm »
Oh boy!  Another czar.  Didn't we have enough czars during Obama's reign?  Just what is this guy going to do exactly?  Or is he going to be another do-nothing paid by the taxpayers?

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 09:39:07 pm »
Oh boy!  Another czar.  Didn't we have enough czars during Obama's reign?  Just what is this guy going to do exactly?  Or is he going to be another do-nothing paid by the taxpayers?

We'll soon find out. In reading about him, he seem tough on illegal immigration.  Anyone who can shake things up in Homeland Security and make a damper on border patrol corruption and the invasion will be an asset.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 10:14:24 pm »
We'll soon find out. In reading about him, he seem tough on illegal immigration.  Anyone who can shake things up in Homeland Security and make a damper on border patrol corruption and the invasion will be an asset.

Perhaps he could also get the TSA to look for real terrorists instead of frisking old ladies. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 10:16:07 pm »
Perhaps he could also get the TSA to look for real terrorists instead of frisking old ladies.

888high58888

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 12:47:46 am »
10 things to know about President Trump’s new “border czar”

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/10-things-know-president-trumps-new-border-czar/

This is one thing that he has said in the past which I hope he does.

In February 2018, Homan said that politicians who support sanctuary city policies should be charged with crimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Homan

I said that the other day too!  It is a crime.  Its human trafficking.  Churches, Mayors, Governors, judges, Congressmen/women, senators.  Its a crime.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-conservative-conscience-with-daniel-horowitz-1/the-cartels-are-treated-better-by-our-government-t

****sheep****

Did you know that ICE has special treatment for Transgender illegal aliens?  Apparently we have full medical and mental health services.  Treatment including dental.............  Listen to the Daniel Horowitz link.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 01:15:01 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 06:51:35 am »
We've had Czars for a while....

The first US Drug czar was Harry J. Anslinger who served as the first Commissioner of the Treasury Board-created Federal Bureau of Narcotics from 1930-1962, under the administrations of five presidents: Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower and Kennedy.
source

Don't worry, that'll fix everything.... :smokin:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 04:39:53 pm »
Well I certainly hope their will be dire consequences for Mexico not enforcing border per their agreement.  This footage was filmed on Thursday at Mexico's Southern Border:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mexico+border+news+today&&view=detail&mid=70A7A07BFC1913F697E570A7A07BFC1913F697E5&rvsmid=45C331462DE7ECAC4ED045C331462DE7ECAC4ED0&FORM=VDRVRV
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 12:11:12 am »
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tom-homan-border-czar-trump-wont-accept-position

Homan, who is now a Fox News contributor, appeared on Fox News’ “Cavuto Live” on Saturday to clear the air.

“I think the White House has made it clear it was kind of premature,” Homan said, likely referring to a Friday CNN report on the confusion.

Homan, who previously served as Trump’s acting ICE chief, told Fox News host Neil Cavuto that he turned down the czar job when former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen offered it to him because he “didn’t think the job was structured right” and “didn’t have the proper authority.”

“I think any sort of border czar needs to be a person who can coordinate an all-government response to the border,” Homan said. “So when I first had the discussions, that wasn’t the way it was set up and I certainly don’t want to come back and fail this President.”

“I don’t think they should create another policy position that’s not going to have an effectiveness on this border, so as of right now, I have not accepted the job, but the discussions will continue,” he added.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 12:13:46 am »
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tom-homan-border-czar-trump-wont-accept-position

Homan, who is now a Fox News contributor, appeared on Fox News’ “Cavuto Live” on Saturday to clear the air.

“I think the White House has made it clear it was kind of premature,” Homan said, likely referring to a Friday CNN report on the confusion.

Homan, who previously served as Trump’s acting ICE chief, told Fox News host Neil Cavuto that he turned down the czar job when former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen offered it to him because he “didn’t think the job was structured right” and “didn’t have the proper authority.”

“I think any sort of border czar needs to be a person who can coordinate an all-government response to the border,” Homan said. “So when I first had the discussions, that wasn’t the way it was set up and I certainly don’t want to come back and fail this President.”

“I don’t think they should create another policy position that’s not going to have an effectiveness on this border, so as of right now, I have not accepted the job, but the discussions will continue,” he added.

Thanks for the info....

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 12:59:43 am »

That would be great.  I won't fly due to the absurd requirements and restrictions on regular patriotic Americans. It saddens me that this injustice is acceptable to the public.
Principles matter. Words matter.