Author Topic: Michael Flynn hires Dallas lawyer Sidney Powell, a conspiracy theorist who calls Mueller a 'creep'  (Read 338 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Michael Flynn hires Dallas lawyer Sidney Powell, a conspiracy theorist who calls Mueller a 'creep'

WASHINGTON -- Michael Flynn, the former Trump national security adviser awaiting sentencing for lying about his contacts with Russia, has hired a Dallas lawyer who calls special counsel Robert Mueller a creep and alleges a conspiracy in the probe of Russia's election meddling.

Former federal prosecutor Sidney Powell has been a fierce critic of the investigation into a links between the Trump campaign and Russia ahead of the 2016 election. She claims that Flynn was the victim of "egregious government misconduct" and a "set-up" involving spying by the FBI.

In December 2017, Mueller's team obtained a guilty plea from Flynn, who confessed to lying to the FBI about contacts with Russia's top diplomat weeks before Trump's inauguration.

President Donald Trump fired retired Army general after just 24 days -- the shortest tenure ever for a White House national security adviser -- after it became evident that he had misled the FBI and Vice President Mike Pence about his contacts with Russia.

Powell had called for Flynn to withdraw his guilty plea long before he hired her, though she told The Hill on Wednesday that her client will continue to cooperate with the government as part of his deal.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/06/12/michael-flynn-hires-dallas-lawyer-sidney-powell-conspiracy-theorist-russia-probe-mueller?fbclid=IwAR1k3j5XEUkiDBbLNAF_jFCN48RdeD-b89JHy4P0lsc8t7eNcShCw8h2s8U

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 03:17:06 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The feces is about to hit the rotating air moving device me thinks!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
One man's "conspiracy theorist" is another man's truth teller!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
One man's "conspiracy theorist" is another man's truth teller!

The Dallas Morning News headline writer is a far lefty me thinks!

- J. R. R. Tolkien