Author Topic: Federal employees turn their backs on Agriculture secretary after relocation plans announced  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Fire them all for insubordination,  I'm sure plenty of folks in KC would have to have one of those jobs.

It ain't exactly rocket science, anyway.

Amen.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

Who can blame them? That would be like being punished for no good reason.

DC may suck,but it ain't Kansas,and these people have house payments,children in schools,etc,etc,etc.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Smokin Joe

It ain't the house. It's uprooting your family from everything and everybody they know. It's creating chaos and what had been up until then,regularity.

Well I can agree that it isn't an easy thing and may be impossible for some whose spouse may not be able to leave their own jobs.  Kids protest but they do adjust.  It isn't an easy thing.  But what these people did isn't the right way to address their own personal situations.  Perhaps they could try to be relocated to another job?  But to turn your back.  Doesn't seem right.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

Yes, who wouldn't prefer a high-crime, high-cost of living area like metropolitan D.C. to a pleasant, relatively inexpensive community like KC and its suburbs? These people must be anti-barbecue.

Hell lard assed bureaucrats CAUSE high crime and high cost of living.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well I can agree that it isn't an easy thing and may be impossible for some whose spouse may not be able to leave their own jobs.  Kids protest but they do adjust.  It isn't an easy thing.  But what these people did isn't the right way to address their own personal situations.  Perhaps they could try to be relocated to another job?  But to turn your back.  Doesn't seem right.
getting some federal jobs out of DC will make it easier on lowering the cost of living in DC.

it is a win win
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

It ain't the house. It's uprooting your family from everything and everybody they know. It's creating chaos and what had been up until then,regularity.
I know I work in a different industry, pete, but I see an awful lot of people who have no assumption of regularity in their lives. Yep, military folks know they're going to be moved around. Why not these other jobs? After tobacco farming was pretty well wiped out in MD (just the Amish, now), not much growing but corn and soybeans, and a lot of good farmland is sporting bedroom communities, now.

Across the country, the factory closes, the industry focus moves, and people do, too. It's that or welfare.

Sure, it sucks, and they have a choice. Stay in DC and find a different job, or move where the work is.
At least DC had a decent real estate market, unlike a town where the oil boom is dying or the plant shut down.

In Kansas alone, Agriculture, food processing, and food are $63.8 billion a year.https://www.agriculture.ks.gov/docs/default-source/ag-marketing/ag-contribution-2018-with-retail-ethanol-combined-update-final.pdf?sfvrsn=2ffa84c1_4
That doesn't count the states next door.

In MD, $2.2 billion https://www.farmflavor.com/maryland-agriculture/

In VA $70 billion, but that includes the evil weed (tobacco).

Go where the work is or find different work. (That's what we get told in the oil patch when the price drops and the rigs go in the weeds.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:14:42 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I know I work in a different industry, pete, but I see an awful lot of people who have no assumption of regularity in their lives. Yep, military folks know they're going to be moved around. Why not these other jobs? After tobacco farming was pretty well wiped out in MD (just the Amish, now), not much growing but corn and soybeans, and a lot of good farmland is sporting bedroom communities, now.

Across the country, the factory closes, the industry focus moves, and people do, too. It's that or welfare.

Sure, it sucks, and they have a choice. Stay in DC and find a different job, or move where the work is.
At least DC had a decent real estate market, unlike a town where the oil boom is dying or the plant shut down.

In Kansas alone, Agriculture, food processing, and food are $63.8 billion a year.https://www.agriculture.ks.gov/docs/default-source/ag-marketing/ag-contribution-2018-with-retail-ethanol-combined-update-final.pdf?sfvrsn=2ffa84c1_4
That doesn't count the states next door.

In MD, $2.2 billion https://www.farmflavor.com/maryland-agriculture/

In VA $70 billion, but that includes the evil weed (tobacco).

Go where the work is or find different work. (That's what we get told in the oil patch when the price drops and the rigs go in the weeds.)
Indeed, and also consider this:

This isn't like the Rust Belt, where one of the reasons why it's difficult to move is because of deep family roots. Washington, DC is one of the fastest growing metro areas in America. It probably has one of the highest per-capita rates of single women in America. These are not families. These are bachelors and bachelorettes with no roots in the city. Government capitals are not the place you move to settle down with a family.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Indeed, and also consider this:

This isn't like the Rust Belt, where one of the reasons why it's difficult to move is because of deep family roots. Washington, DC is one of the fastest growing metro areas in America. It probably has one of the highest per-capita rates of single women in America. These are not families. These are bachelors and bachelorettes with no roots in the city. Government capitals are not the place you move to settle down with a family.

Well that is sickening.  Another reason DC sucks and is out of touch with the real America.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Author Salena Zito is referring to the closure of a GM plant in Ohio in this tweet:
SalenaZito   Verified account @SalenaZito

The men & women at Lordstown didn’t behave like this— if they were willing to relocate they filled out the paperwork, watched them do it at the union hall. if they weren’t willing to relocate they figured out what was next.
Folks in the Rust Belt been doing this dance for 40 yrs

12:20 AM - 15 Jun 2019
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well that is sickening.  Another reason DC sucks and is out of touch with the real America.
THere is virtually no place else in the country where you expect to work until retirement. Some folks I know went to work for the Government in their 20s, and retired in their 50s (or younger) with a pretty nice pension. There aren't many of those left in 'regular' America, just the oft bundled up and rolled over 401Ks and such the gummint keeps talking about taking.

Maybe it will do these people some good to get in touch with everyday America a little more. I'd expect agricultural people would already have some feel for that. Other agencies are from another planet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis