Author Topic: House to hold first hearing on slavery reparations in over a decade  (Read 387 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House to hold first hearing on slavery reparations in over a decade
By Marina Pitofsky - 06/13/19 11:33 AM EDT

The House will reportedly hold its first hearing on reparations for slavery in over a decade next week.

The House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties is holding the hearing next Wednesday “to examine, through open and constructive discourse, the legacy of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, its continuing impact on the community and the path to restorative justice,” according to the Associated Press. It will mark the first hearing on the topic since 2007.

Writer Ta-Nehisi Coates and actor Danny Glover are set to testify. Coates is the author of the widely read 2014 essay in The Atlantic “The Case for Reparations.” Glover has championed the issue through his activist work, the AP reported.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/448359-house-to-hold-first-hearing-on-slavery-reparations-in-over-a
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: House to hold first hearing on slavery reparations in over a decade
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:16:18 pm »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 04:35:57 pm »
Another circus designed to make it appear to the voters that politicians are doing something worth the money we taxpayers pay them.  This time, it's the Democrats, but Republicans do the same thing.

Reparations won't go anywhere, especially now that the senate and the presidency are still under Republican control, but I doubt too many politicians of either party actually want to give out "reparations" despite what they may say publicly.   I expect these bums know they would lose more votes than they would gain if "reparations" become a reality.   

By the way, I love the names of these silly subcommittees congress creates.  "Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties"  What the H is that and how does this "reparations" silliness fit in with the Constitution, civil rights and civil liberties?  All these so-called reparations do is buy votes.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 04:58:02 pm »
House to hold first hearing on slavery reparations in over a decade
GOP control of the House for most of the last decade did have some benifit. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 05:30:54 pm »
We have been paying reparations since LBJ and the Great Society give-a-way.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 01:07:23 am »
We have been paying reparations since LBJ and the Great Society give-a-way.

Amen, and they are still slaves to liberal government. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.