Author Topic: Ex-Senate leader Daschle on Biden: 'It's not a forgone conclusion that he'll win'  (Read 172 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
6/12/2019

Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) warned Wednesday that former Vice President Joe Biden’s strong lead in national polls doesn’t necessarily mean that the 2020 White House hopeful will become the Democratic nominee.

“I think he’s doing well but it’s not a forgone conclusion that he’ll win,” Daschle, who said he has indicated that he will support Biden, told Hill.TV on “Rising.”

“He’s got a a lot of work to do as any candidate would this early in the process,” he added.

Daschle also defended Biden over criticism on the former vice president’s reversal on certain issues, such as the controversial Hyde Amendment.

“Show me a politician, give me one name of somebody in politics who hasn’t had a change of heart around an issue,” he said. “I certainly have and I think that’s almost to be expected.”

Biden continues to face fallout after he abruptly backtracked on his longtime support for the Hyde Amendment, which prohibits the use of federal funds for certain abortion services in the U.S.

more
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/448269-ex-senate-leader-daschle-on-biden-its-not-a-forgone-conclusion-that-he-will-win
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Captain Obvious speak the truth.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.