Author Topic: Kylie Jenner Hosted A 'Handmaid's Tale'-Themed Party And Feminists Lost Their Minds  (Read 983 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
OK, this is funny:

By Emily Zanotti
@emzanotti
June 12, 2019

Kylie Jenner hosted a "Handmaid's Tale" themed party over the weekend, complete with Handmaid cosplay and, 'Handmaid's Tale"-themed drinks, apparently to celebrate a friend, Anastasia Karanikolaou, who is a massive fan of the show.

Jenner posted pictures from the party on her Instagram stories with the caption, "Praise be, ladies. Welcome, welcome. You know 'The Handmaid's Tale' is my favorite show ever... welcome to Gilead."

Quite frankly, the Kardashians should probably be allowed to co-opt the "Handmaid's Tale" whenever they want. After all, while most politicians the left labels "Theocratic" and likely to bring about the post-apocalyptic Gilead, where fertile women are conscripted in breeding, probably haven't even considered the possibility of actually enslaving women to childbirth, Kylie's half-sister, Kim Kardashian, has, twice now, paid an unrelated woman to have her baby. The mechanics are different, of course, but the sentiment is largely the same...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48344/kylie-jenner-hosted-handmaids-tale-themed-party-emily-zanotti?%3Futm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwtwitter

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Okay, did anyone else read that as a "hand job" tail and feminists lost their mind?

But then I have never ever watched the Hand mentioned.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Okay, did anyone else read that as a "hand job" tail and feminists lost their mind?

But then I have never ever watched the Hand mentioned.

No......

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No......

Well color me shocked that you did not.   :whistle:   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

I wonder how many liberal women really believe that there are millions of religious males who just can't wait to create some sort of religious-patriarchal state as is depicted in THT.
What adult male in their right mind would want a country like that? And what married male believes he has control over  his typically strong-minded wife?
I love my wife, but the problem is not controlling her, it's trying to prevent her from being a total tyrant. I had to give in to many of her personal quirks to keep the marriage going.
Undoubtedly, she would say the same thing about me as I'll readily admit to being highly imperfect.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The Handmaid's Tale is little more than a propaganda piece written by a Canadian (because what Canadian doesn't like constantly bragging about their twisted image of moral superiority?) playing on stereotypes of American Christians as corrupt, authoritarian bigots who want to oppress women. Even the central premise—a fertility crisis—is blamed on pollution.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

The Handmaid's Tale is little more than a propaganda piece written by a Canadian (because what Canadian doesn't like constantly bragging about their twisted image of moral superiority?) playing on stereotypes of American Christians as corrupt, authoritarian bigots who want to oppress women. Even the central premise—a fertility crisis—is blamed on pollution.
Atwood is the reason why I never could take many novelists seriously when reading their works. Many have a gross distortion of reality due to their lib/leftist point of view.
Margaret Atwood lives in a country, Canada, that has been deluged with information/stories about America. Yet, with the U.S. being one of the most liberal/beneficial countries for women in the world, she chooses to believe half the population of the country would like to institute some sort of religious dictatorship ala Islamic countries.
Yes, I know she's a leftist wacko, but there doesn't seem to be much disagreement with the general thrust of the THT among the leftist intelligentsia. You'd think quite a few non-conservatives would assert that she's full of fecal matter, but so far I haven't heard anything from the usual sources.
So I have to believe many American libs believe the same garbage...conservative, white males are just itching to create Gilead if given the chance. No wonder this country is headed towards a split.

Online kevindavis007

Atwood is the reason why I never could take many novelists seriously when reading their works. Many have a gross distortion of reality due to their lib/leftist point of view.
Margaret Atwood lives in a country, Canada, that has been deluged with information/stories about America. Yet, with the U.S. being one of the most liberal/beneficial countries for women in the world, she chooses to believe half the population of the country would like to institute some sort of religious dictatorship ala Islamic countries.
Yes, I know she's a leftist wacko, but there doesn't seem to be much disagreement with the general thrust of the THT among the leftist intelligentsia. You'd think quite a few non-conservatives would assert that she's full of fecal matter, but so far I haven't heard anything from the usual sources.
So I have to believe many American libs believe the same garbage...conservative, white males are just itching to create Gilead if given the chance. No wonder this country is headed towards a split.

I think there are those on the Far Far right who like that idea.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline goatprairie

I think there are those on the Far Far right who like that idea.
Both sides have their nutty totalitarians on the edges. Unfortunately, the five percent of commie people on the left have far more influence than the holy rollers on the right. There is no AOC or Bernie Sanders equivalent on the far right in congress.