Author Topic: Actor Slanders Sarah Huckabee Sanders in Bizarre Rant  (Read 598 times)

rangerrebew

Actor Slanders Sarah Huckabee Sanders in Bizarre Rant
« on: June 12, 2019, 02:00:06 pm »
Actor Slanders Sarah Huckabee Sanders in Bizarre Rant

06/11/2019 American Update AU Staff

Alec Baldwin, the aging film star now known mostly for his impersonation of Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live, took to Twitter Monday morning to attack both former Governor Mike Huckabee and his daughter Sarah Sanders. As Fox News reports:

The feud began when Huckabee celebrated Baldwin's declaration that he is "so done" with impersonating President Trump on "Saturday Night Live."

"Good news for viewers who are “so done” with “SNL” & unfunny vicious Trump bashing instead of comedy," Huckabee tweeted.

Baldwin shot back on early Monday morning, targeting both him and his daughter.

http://thehollywoodconservative.us/articles/actor-slanders-sarah-huckabee-sanders-in-bizarre-rant

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Actor Slanders Sarah Huckabee Sanders in Bizarre Rant
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 03:05:01 pm »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 03:20:19 pm »
I bet trump will be on him like ugly on a Baldwin brother. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 03:31:14 pm »
Again, they shoot the messenger.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 03:47:02 pm »
Not a fan of Baldwin exactly and yes, he's a bit "disturbed," but nothing he said qualifies as slander. 

And as for his imitation of Trump -- well, it's a refreshing change from 8 years of Obama when hardly anyone said anything remotely critical of him for fear of being called a "rassist."  Baldwin's Trump impression  has actually enlivened SNL, which had been all but dead for a number of years till Baldwin came along.  I for one will miss those skits when or if they go away. 

Trump and his fans need to grow up and let these parodies roll off their back.  They have become worse than liberal Democrats.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 10:21:42 pm »
Trump and his fans need to grow up and let these parodies roll off their back.  They have become worse than liberal Democrats.
@Applewood
You didn't get the memo? The first thing that goes among the fanbois-and-girls is their sense of humour.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 10:24:45 pm »
@Applewood
You didn't get the memo? The first thing that goes among the fanbois-and-girls is their sense of humour.

Stick to sports commentary.  It is your strong suit.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 10:40:22 pm »
Stick to sports commentary.  It is your strong suit.
Is that the best you've got?  wink777

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 10:43:31 pm »
Is that the best you've got?  wink777

Well you are one hell of a sports refectionist.  So I will stand on that any day of the year.  888high58888

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 10:45:19 pm »
Well you are one hell of a sports refectionist.  So I will stand on that any day of the year.  888high58888
@The Ghost
I've never refected a thing in my life!   888high58888

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 10:47:38 pm »
@The Ghost
I've never refected a thing in my life!   888high58888

@EasyAce ...  LOL.  And with that....peace out my vampire friend. :beer:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 10:55:02 pm »
@EasyAce ...  LOL.  And with that....peace out my vampire friend. :beer:

:beer:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 01:48:38 pm »

And as for his imitation of Trump -- well, it's a refreshing change from 8 years of Obama when hardly anyone said anything remotely critical of him for fear of being called a "rassist."  Baldwin's Trump impression  has actually enlivened SNL, which had been all but dead for a number of years till Baldwin came along.  I for one will miss those skits when or if they go away. 

But that's the entire point.  It's not people can't take jokes made at Trump's expense...it's that when SNL and others in the media refuse to go after Democrats, but go viciously after Republicans, it becomes more about a political agenda than comedy.

SNL used to do it right...at least sometimes.  The idea of not taking sides in the Clarence Thomas/Anita Hill hearings, but rather mocking the Senators of both parties doing the questioning -- was brilliant.  Dana Carvey as Strom Thurmond, Chris Farley as Howell Heflin, Phil Hartman as Kennedy...even Al Franken as Paul Simon, were hilarious.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/cold-opening/n10108

Offline Applewood

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2019, 02:49:42 pm »
But that's the entire point.  It's not people can't take jokes made at Trump's expense...it's that when SNL and others in the media refuse to go after Democrats, but go viciously after Republicans, it becomes more about a political agenda than comedy.

I've heard that assertion before, but since I don't keep score of how many times SNL parodied Republicans and Democrats, I can't agree or disagree with that statement.  I do know that there were numerous skits mocking Bill and Hillary Clinton.

But I do think that Trump and his supporters are overly sensitive to the jokes made about him on SNL and I think it's time they all develop a sense of humor about these things.  Or if they can't do that, then just ignore the jokes.  People in the public eye are going to be mocked in this country.  This isn't some dictatorship where making fun of "Dear Leader" lands you in prison or the morgue. 

Take the example of the much hated Bush family.  I don't recall either President Bush 41 or 43 whining publicly about SNL's mockery of them.  Dana Carvey, who did impressions of President Bush 41, was even invited to the White House to perform his schtick.  Carvey even remarked how gracious the  President and First Lady were to him.  Publicly, the Bushes showed there were no hard feelings even if privately they might not have liked the parodies.

Now I'm not saying that Trump can be like the Bushes.  Might be too much to ask for him to develop a sense of humor about himself at this late date.  But at his age he should be grown up enough to let this *bleep* go and focus on some real issues.  After all, dealing with real issues is part of his job.  He should not be wasting time looking for enemies, real or imagined.