Author Topic: David Axelrod: Biden is playing into Trump's caricature of being 'weak mentally'  (Read 338 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

David Axelrod: Biden is playing into Trump's caricature of being 'weak mentally'
Fox News, Jun 11, 2019

Former Obama advisor David Axelrod expressed his concerns that former Vice President Joe Biden is "playing into the caricature" made by President Trump that has questioned the Democratic frontrunner's fitness to lead.

Both Trump and Biden exchanged harsh attacks between one another on Tuesday as they both made campaign stops in Iowa, with the president telling reporters outside the White House that the former VP is "weak mentally.”

Appearing on CNN, Axelrod cautioned that Biden's light campaign schedule, when compared to those of other competitors in the Democratic field, left him open to such criticisms.

"The thing that I think is important for Biden is to run an energetic campaign that dispels any of these caricatures," Axelrod told CNN anchor Anderson Cooper. "He hasn't had a very heavy campaign schedule. He has sort of played into the caricature and I think he is going to have to come forward... with ideas and he going to have to campaign energetically."

Axelrod, who is now a CNN host and political analyst, explained that ahead of the Iowa Caucus, people "expect to see you" and "want to interact with you," stressing that candidates "have to be there."

"You can't do drop-bys and use them as a backdrop to attack the president," Axelrod added. "You got to do much more than that so I think that's very important."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/david-axelrod-weak-mentally-caricature-trump

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's not a caricature, Dave.   :smokin:

Offline rustynail

Biden is setting a trap and Trump is walking right in.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It's not a caricature, Dave.   :smokin:

LOL.  Are you saying old Joe isn't playing at being "dumb"?   It's not just an act?
 888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.