Author Topic: Rep. Thomas Massie: Repeal Federal Restrictions so Teachers Can Be Armed  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by AWR HAWKINS 11 Jun 2019

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY-4) introduced legislation Tuesday to repeal the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) so teachers can carry guns for defense of themselves and their students.

The GFSZA was passed in 1990 and Massie introduced legislation in 2017 and 2018 in hopes of repealing it.

During the 2017 repeal attempt Massie said, “Gun-free school zones are ineffective. They make people less safe by inviting criminals into target-rich, no-risk environments. Gun-free zones prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves, and create vulnerable populations that are targeted by criminals.”

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/11/rep-thomas-massie-repeal-federal-restrictions-so-teachers-armed/

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
If you compare the number of school shootings 30 years prior to the enactment of the gun free zone legislation with the 30 years after it's passage, you will see that the rate of shootings has tripled.  A complete FAILURE

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
If you compare the number of school shootings 30 years prior to the enactment of the gun free zone legislation with the 30 years after it's passage, you will see that the rate of shootings has tripled.  A complete FAILURE

All a gun free zone provides is a target rich environment for someone determined to kill a lot of people quickly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
All a gun free zone provides is a target rich environment for someone determined to kill a lot of people quickly.

That loony that shot up the Denver movie theater showing a Batman movie drove past a couple theaters to get to one that posted it was gun-free. Mass murderers are going out of their way to find gun-free zones. People demanding "reasonable restrictions" on weapons don't give a shit.  Nor two shits. They only care about their own virtue signaling and superior morals. You heathen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
That loony that shot up the Denver movie theater showing a Batman movie drove past a couple theaters to get to one that posted it was gun-free. Mass murderers are going out of their way to find gun-free zones. People demanding "reasonable restrictions" on weapons don't give a shit.  Nor two shits. They only care about their own virtue signaling and superior morals. You heathen.

When my son and I went to see Endgame a couple weeks ago I strolled into the theater right past the no guns allowed sign with my pistol on me.

I’ll be damned if I’m gonna get caught in one of those kind of situations without the ability to shoot back and stop the attacker.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When my son and I went to see Endgame a couple weeks ago I strolled into the theater right past the no guns allowed sign with my pistol on me.

I’ll be damned if I’m gonna get caught in one of those kind of situations without the ability to shoot back and stop the attacker.

Our lives are more important that the $50 it would cost to get ejected from the theater.  Besides, if you keep it concealed, how would anybody know?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

My Carry license is more important to me than seeing a movie.  I won't take the risk.  I avoid patronizing business that want to disarm me.

While the risk of getting caught is small, the consequences of getting caught are huge.  Not worth it.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39

The way it was explained in my CCDW class (and I realize each state is different) that sign is a suggestion put up by the owner...not the law.

If for some reason the establishment finds out you're carrying they can ask you to go put your weapon out in your car.  If you refuse that's when the cops get involved then you can get a trespass citation issued.

But as @Cyber Liberty said...if you're carrying concealed...and I always carry that way...who's gonna know.