Author Topic: Border crisis: Texas town overrun with crime & disease, and this mayor has had ENOUGH  (Read 794 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Border crisis: Texas town overrun with crime & disease, and this mayor has had ENOUGH
Daniel Horowitz · June 11, 2019   

“From my standpoint, I don’t even know why we have federal elected officials,” said Uvalde, Texas, Mayor Don McLaughlin in an exclusive interview with CR.

Uvalde, Texas, is a small town of 17,000 inhabitants, and they are now overrun by illegal immigrants and an international cartel smuggling operation. Uvalde is 40-60 miles from the border, but it might as well be right at the border. “We are in no man’s land. The state is not doing anything; the federal government is not doing anything,” said the mayor, who is begging the politicians to get involved. “We are getting nothing. I’ve lived here all my life and have never seen anything like this. The people in the communities are getting scared. What is coming that we don’t see? Who knows? People up north and in D.C. have no clue what is going on here. They don’t realize that these people are not being screened for diseases. We’re fed up.”

Situated at the crossroads of major highways coming up from border towns in the Laredo and Del Rio border sectors, Uvalde has now become a dumping ground for migrants coming north. And they are not just coming from Central America. Del Rio has received hundreds of African migrants in recent weeks. Uvalde has a Border Patrol holding facility, and according to McLaughlin, whenever it is full, if the city doesn’t take charge, many immigrants are released in a Walmart parking lot. Mayor McLaughlin said his city must pick up the tab to have them bused to San Antonio. On Friday, local media reported how San Antonio has now received hundreds of African migrants.

“In Uvalde, Border Patrol told us if we didn’t have buses ready right at the holding facility, they would have released them in a parking lot at a Walmart or a Stripes. This is what’s happening in outlying areas, but thanks to our working relationship with Border Patrol, we make sure to have buses ready. We just don’t have the facilities for them. We have to pay for these buses out of our pockets, and are citizens are mad.”

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/border-crisis-texas-town-overrun-crime-disease-mayor-enough/

Is this right?  Is Trump doing enough?  Why should we be paying for these people they are dumping out on our streets.  They have to pay for buses.  This is the Federal Governments burden they should pay for it all.  I guess maybe with all the aid that they are sending to Central America.  Stop sending it.  The citizens of this country can no longer afford the burden of illegal immigration.

Read the story to see how this town is being afffected.  People want to leave because it isn't safe anymore.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:54:09 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Do you think this town wants to see how its going in 45 days?  Are you sure they want to vote for Trump.  They are saying it has never been like this.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

I have been seriously thinking about leaving my little Texas town and moving north of Uvalde (Frio River area), this gives me pause.  My current little town (New Braunfels) is being invaded by the retired Houstonian transplant.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
   I have been seriously thinking about leaving my little Texas town and moving north of Uvalde (Frio River area), this gives me pause.  My current little town (New Braunfels) is being invaded by the retired Houstonian transplant.

Get out now @corbe.  Seriously. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

Go north young man. And a touch west. If you hit Alberta, you went too far...

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Border crisis: Texas town overrun with crime & disease, and this mayor has had ENOUGH

Must read:

The harrowing pronouncement Scalia would make about President Trump’s authority to secure our own border

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/harrowing-pronouncement-scalia-make-president-trumps-authority-secure-border/

@Chosen Daughter

@libertybele has posted that Scalia article here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,364822.0.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Uvalde is a nice little town.  Or, was.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Chosen Daughter

I think the retired transplants are a lot safer. 

Offline Victoria33

@corbe

Unless he has died, Louis Beam, Grand Dragon of the KKK in Texas in times gone by, lives in New Braunfels.   New Braunfels must still has the flavor and the food of the German families who settled there.  Plus I'm sure people are still riding the waves in the river there.  I haven't been there in many years but went there a number of times - I remember the fine German Restaurant there.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@corbe

Unless he has died, Louis Beam, Grand Dragon of the KKK in Texas in times gone by, lives in New Braunfels.   New Braunfels must still has the flavor and the food of the German families who settled there.  Plus I'm sure people are still riding the waves in the river there.  I haven't been there in many years but went there a number of times - I remember the fine German Restaurant there.

I wasn't aware that he was ever in Uvalde, but he lives in Idaho.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A Fishrrman almost-fearless prediction:

Within 30 years (I won't be here any more), you're going to see conservative, traditional-minded Texans leaving that state in droves. Getting out while the gettin's good.

Just like they're leaving California and New York NOW.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Don't know about Texas, but it's road construction season up this way. Just detour the 'immigrants' to Nuevo Mexico or reroute them back south. A couple of barricades, a backhoe or two, and the road isn't letting anyone through.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis