Author Topic: Sam Rockwell talks to join Clint Eastwoods next drama The Ballad of Richard Jewell  (Read 1543 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sam Rockwell talks to join Clint Eastwoods next drama The Ballad of Richard Jewell
ANI

Washington D.C. , June 11 : Sam Rockwell is in negotiations to join the cast of Clint Eastwood's upcoming drama 'The Ballad of Richard Jewell'.
Produced and directed by Eastwood, the film is a drama based on the real-life heroic security guard who after findings a suspicious backpack at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, quickly evacuated the area and ended up saving many lives. However, his life was turned upside down when he was implicated as a possible suspect in the subsequent Olympic Park bombing.

This is one of the early cases of fake news having real and extreme consequences. While the media instantly turned him into an instant social pariah, the security guard maintained his innocence throughout the 88-day ordeal, Variety reported.

After 88 days, he was finally fully cleared by the FBI. However, his reputation could never be restored and he suffered major health issue following the incident.

More at: https://www.newkerala.com/news/read/156263/sam-rockwell-talks-to-join-clint-eastwoods-next-drama-the-ballad-of-richard-jewell.html

Great subject matter for a movie,

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Eastwood has made some great films, often about relevant historical

events like this.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I think Rush Limbaugh has talked about Richard Jewell a number of times and the difficulties Jewell faced. Just from the top of my head, I think the burden was so heavy on Jewell, it led to his early death with health problems.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The man was cheated twice. Instead of being hailed as a Hero for clearing people out of the area, getting his 15 minutes of fame and any spinoffs that might have led to in terms of employment....

the media robbed him of that.

Worse yet, they painted him as a terrorist, making someone who had done something great into an evil person to be loathed.

No wonder he had health problems, between feeling miserable for being screwed over after doing the right thing, no doubt he had the burden of being reviled for something he was not. A double whammy that would keep you from sleeping well at night.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It could be a very compelling movie.

Offline skeeter

It could be a very compelling movie.

Yes. But one thing is certain, though. The media will do its best to ignore it.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yes. But one thing is certain, though. The media will do its best to ignore it.

Well they have reason.  They screwed Jewell like Muslim does to a tied up goat.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.