Author Topic: Republican Jim Jordan skips 9/11 responders hearing a day after accusing Democrats of having no prio  (Read 587 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/republican-jim-jordan-skips-9-11-responders-hearing-a-day-after-accusing-democrats-of-having-no-priorities/

On Monday, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) wanted to make perfectly clear that he thought the House Judiciary Committee’s hearing with Richard Nixon’s former White House Counsel John Dean was a complete waste of time.

“I don’t know if they accomplished anything, but this is their pattern,” said Jordan, complaining that all Democrats wanted to do with their committee power was hurt President Donald Trump.

So it was a notable when just a day later, when his committee held an emotional hearing about getting health care for 9/11 first responders sickened by their exposure to toxic dust and chemicals at Ground Zero, Jordan was nowhere to be found.

When it came time to discuss a concrete issue that had nothing to do with Trump investigations, House Democrats were there — and Jordan, for all his bluster, was not.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There's some other really good "stories" you could have posted from this site also:

‘Rampant disloyalty’: Morning Joe panel reveals how much Trump’s staff hates the president

Trump just delivered a rage-filled rant on the White House South Lawn — here are the 5 craziest moments

Fox News reporter startled by Trump’s Biden-bashing rant: I asked him a question and he just went off

WATCH: Fox frantically cuts from Trump babbling about farmers not being able to connect tractors to the internet

Conservative offers a brutal assessment of the ‘unhinged’ Republicans who tried to derail the John Dean hearing

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

There's some other really good "stories" you could have posted from this site also:
Are you implying the Republicans did show up at the committee hearing, because you don't like my source?

It's not just Republican Congressmen who are shameful.

Online Hoodat

Can anyone find a list?  The only ones I can confirm there were Nadler-NY, Cohen-TN, and Johnson-LA.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Can anyone find a list?  The only ones I can confirm there were Nadler-NY, Cohen-TN, and Johnson-LA.
According to NY Post
https://nypost.com/2019/06/11/jon-stewart-shames-lawmakers-for-not-showing-up-to-9-11-victims-fund-hearing/

In front of Stewart was ​House ​Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler​ of New York, along with ​Democratic Reps. Steve Cohen​ of Tennessee​, Mary Gay Scanlon​ of Pennsylvania​, Jamie Raskin ​of Maryland ​and the top Republican in the ​Judiciary subcommittee, Rep. Mike Johnson ​of Louisiana.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Are you implying the Republicans did show up at the committee hearing, because you don't like my source?

No, @Once-Ler, I'm suggesting that a radical leftwing spewsite might not be a reliable source.   

Offline Absalom

Jordan was prolly interviewing for a job as a wrestling coach.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Nope....we're implying that you've become a bonafide shit-stirrer.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nope....we're implying that you've become a bonafide shit-stirrer.    :laugh:

That's a fact Jack!   :seeya: :rolling:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

I would suggest that this news is being presented in an intentionally provocative manner.

I understand that while congressmen were in and out during the course of the hearing, only two were definitely absent for the entire thing - one was Eric Swalwell (who can't get a mention here, for some reason) and the other a republican from Pennsylvania whom I've never heard of.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:07:06 pm by skeeter »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I would suggest that this news is being presented in an intentionally provocative manner.

I understand that while congressmen were in and out during the course of the hearing, only two were definitely absent for the entire thing - one was Eric Swalwell (who can't get a mention here, for some reason) and the other a republican from Pennsylvania whom I've never heard of.

Heard this on Wilkow today. Several sub-committees hold hearings at the same time so the reps come and go. Deliberate drama by Stewart. The media is acting as if this wouldn't have passed without liberal tears.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Heard this on Wilkow today. Several sub-committees hold hearings at the same time so the reps come and go. Deliberate drama by Stewart. The media is acting as if this wouldn't have passed without liberal tears.

More fodder for the media and hit & run posters.