Author Topic: Joe Biden promises to 'cure cancer' if elected president  (Read 728 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden promises to 'cure cancer' if elected president
« on: June 12, 2019, 12:15:05 am »
Joe Biden promises to 'cure cancer' if elected president
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Former Vice President Joe Biden made a bold promise on Tuesday to "cure cancer" if he is elected president in 2020.

At a campaign event in Ottumwa, Iowa, Biden expressed the difficulty one faces with a "loss" of a family member and others attempt to comfort them saying, "'I know how you feel'" when in reality they have "no idea how I feel," which is likely in reference to the loss of his son Beau Biden, who died in 2015 from brain cancer.

"That's why I've worked so hard in my career to make sure that... I promise you if I'm elected president, you're going to see the single most important thing that changes America, we're gonna cure cancer," Biden declared.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-biden-cure-cancer-president
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: Joe Biden promises to 'cure cancer' if elected president
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 12:20:19 am »
That's the Leadership we so desperately need.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 12:23:32 am »
Is this like an oral suicide note thing?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 01:19:17 am »
   Trump's really gonna have to reLIE on his experience here and step up his game. Cure baldness, perhaps, that's something they can both relate to.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 01:40:21 am »
   So, using Trumpian logic of the last 3 years if I don't vote for Biden, I'm voting for Cancer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 01:59:01 am »
@mystery-ak

"In 2016, Biden headed the "Cancer Moonshot" program during the Obama administration in a renewed effort to find a cure for cancer. He also launched the Biden Cancer Initiative after leaving office."

He is serious about this because his son died of brain cancer.  Likely, all of us have lost family, friends, who died of cancer.  He will keep the work going and that is a wonderful action.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 04:29:38 am »
Pandering for the cancer vote. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 07:56:05 am »
Why not? The Democrats raise the dead every election day... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 09:47:31 am »
This was a plot device lifted from a West Wing episode.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 11:19:07 am »
The Ottumwa speech also was noteworthy for allegedly lifting the phrase, "Make America America again," from a pro-Trump speech delivered by the actor Scott Baio in 2016. Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Scott Baio  Verified account @ScottBaio

Dear @JoeBiden and @michaelavenatti, you're BOTH plagiarizing ME. I wrote this in my 2016 speech for @realDonaldTrump
8:44 PM - 11 Jun 2019
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 11:25:33 am »
Meanwhile, it seems Joe has been spotted on Japanese transit systems.
06/11/2019
Japan’s ‘chikan’: An illustrated look at how sexual harassers grope women on trains
France24

An illustration of the various types of sexual harassers preying on women on public transportation in Japan went viral last month, shortly after a video and a string of stories highlighted the pervasive groping and molesting that female passengers are forced to endure on a daily basis.

Nago, an Osaka-based freelance illustrator who tweets under the handle @ikng_0, depicted the “chikan,” or perverts, who assault women on crowded trains and platforms. They are those who sit next to a woman in an empty car, grind up behind them, or place their hand over a woman’s on a handrail. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 02:45:18 pm »
The private sector is actively seeking a cure for cancer. They are highly incentivized without any government money taken from taxpayers. That money loses a good percentage to bureaucratic costs as it flows through the federal paper-pushers.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 04:30:07 pm »
@mystery-ak

"In 2016, Biden headed the "Cancer Moonshot" program during the Obama administration in a renewed effort to find a cure for cancer. He also launched the Biden Cancer Initiative after leaving office."

He is serious about this because his son died of brain cancer.  Likely, all of us have lost family, friends, who died of cancer.  He will keep the work going and that is a wonderful action.

Yes, he is passionate in his wanting to find a cure for cancer and cancer research has made some huge strides.  Many cancer patients are now cancer free or in remission.  The problem is that he is saying that he will cure cancer; a bit of a slip up on words perhaps. He would have been better off to say something to the effect; that during my presidency, I will continue to push for a cure for cancer, so that we will eventually eradicate the disease from this country.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:31:31 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 05:56:25 pm »
   So, using Trumpian logic of the last 3 years if I don't vote for Biden, I'm voting for Cancer.

:cool: