Author Topic: Britain’s Atlantis: Evidence of Stone Age human activity found beneath North Sea  (Read 5062 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Tell me if this works - I mod the Intellectual Dark Web category.  I didn't get pinged when people posted new articles there until I clicked on the "Notify" button down on the bottom right.  Now I get an email every time someone posts something new there.  Would that work?

@Sanguine

Kinda,but the difference is you would have to find a thread that interests you first,and then click on the notify. Then repeat every time you turn your computer on for the rest of your life.

With ping lists,you subscribe to the list,and then every time you sign on you are notified of new posts to all the ping lists you are subscribed to. For example,one of the ping lists I created there was titled "archeology and digs".

Here is a list of the ping lists I am subscribed to there,

2016 The Likely Suspects
2020 The Likely Suspects
Anti-White Racism
Arab Spring Jihad
Archeology and Digs
Bang List
Bill of Rights-Constitution
Border Invasion
Cars and Automotive
Constitution Party
Crime and Corruption
Economic News
Gear Heads
Health
Humor
Hypocrisy and Hypocrites
Islamic caliphate expansion
Military or Vets Affairs
Movie and Book Review
Music
Obits
Politics and Politicians
Religious History and Issues
Rest In Peace Goldi
Science and technology
SOCOM
Space News
The Two Parties ARE the Same
World history

Anyone registered there is free to create a new ping list about anything that interests them,regardless of what it is. For example,you could create a ping list dedicated to the discussion of pets if you wanted,and every registered user at that site that is interested in pets can subscribe to the list and be immediately notified of new posts to it every time they log on.

Or a ping list about little green men from Mars,if that pleases you. Or any other subject you can dream up. If no one else is interested,it will quickly die away due to neglect. If if it a ping list dedicated to something like criminal acts or sexual perversions,the admin will quickly delete it,and possibly delete you.

You never miss new subjects that interest you,you never miss new posts to subjects that interest you,and you never have to search for things that interest you. They are all just "there"for you to see the instant you log on after you click on the "check pings" hot button.

It just doesn't get any simpler or efficient than ping lists.

Anytime anyone posts a new thread and attaches it to a ping list,me and everyone else that subscribe to that ping list get a notification a new post has been made there,or that a new article has been posted that is associated with that ping list. When you see the new ping list or new posts to a ping list,the link is "hot" and all you have to do to go to either the new ping list or the most recent posts to a subject you get pinged to is to click on the live link. No searching,no missing new data,no missing posts that reply to you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If somebody is making an archaeology pinglist, put me on it!

@roamer_1

NOT going to happen because myst doesn't want them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I guess people here are not using Mentions....I get pinged to everything... :whistle:

@mystery-ak

Why do it backasswards? That is like driving your car with flat tires and in reverse. Yeah,it CAN be done,but why?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Tell me if this works - I mod the Intellectual Dark Web category.  I didn't get pinged when people posted new articles there until I clicked on the "Notify" button down on the bottom right.  Now I get an email every time someone posts something new there.  Would that work?

@sneakypete Did you see this?  I'd like to see subscriptions, but I've been hesitant to roll anything out that's email based.  Would you be game to try it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete Did you see this?  I'd like to see subscriptions, but I've been hesitant to roll anything out that's email based.  Would you be game to try it?

@Cyber Liberty

No. I have chemo brain now,and can't remember much of anything. I MUCH prefer a system where new posts that interest me on a subject that interests me just pop up when I log in.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

No. I have chemo brain now,and can't remember much of anything. I MUCH prefer a system where new posts that interest me on a subject that interests me just pop up when I log in.

I hear that.  Wish we had a feature that can be enabled, we'll be looking to do that when we get the Forum Software redesigned in a few months.  Meanwhile, I'll keep looking at the Admin settings to see if I missed something.

Get well, @sneakypete!  We're all pulling for you here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Don't know how the North Sea looked in 6000BC. But today it is notorious. Pangea and what all.
If you plan to traverse the North Sea today, you better batten down the hatches and get ready for a rough cold ride.
Think basin geometry. Relatively shallow water and long wavelength waves yield rough weather, plus incoming waves from the Channel, the long fetch to the East, and from the north can provide different wave sets which cross or collide, making for extremely rough water and rogue waves.

Page source: http://www.marineregions.org/maps.php?album=3747&pic=115811

The Bering Sea has a similar problem of bathymetry and exposure. At the height of glaciation on the continents:

After inundation:

Source Article (worth a read if you are interested) http://www.geotimes.org/jan03/feature_arctic.html

If the Gulf of Mexico wasn't shielded on three sides, it'd be much the same. (see, Mexico and Florida are good for something :tongue2:)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis