Author Topic: Britain’s Atlantis: Evidence of Stone Age human activity found beneath North Sea  (Read 5053 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Independent by David Keys 6/11/2019

Archaeologists have found evidence of ancient human activity on Britain’s very own “Atlantis”.

Scientists investigating a drowned Stone Age landscape at the bottom of the North Sea have discovered two potential prehistoric settlement sites on the banks of a long-vanished ancient river.

It is the first time that an archaeological expedition has ever found such evidence far offshore under the huge body of water.

In the past, prehistoric artefacts have on occasions been trawled up by fishermen and found by oil exploration teams – but the seabed contexts they came from were never archaeologically assessed.

This time, the discoveries are part of a systematic archaeological survey.

The archaeologists – from Britain and Belgium – have found two highly significant stone artefacts in specific locations which were being deliberately investigated for ancient human activity.

Scientists, who have studied the distribution of ancient human activity and settlement sites on land, applied their knowledge to the drowned Stone Age landscape of Britain’s North Sea Atlantis – and rapidly struck archaeological “gold”.

The two stone artefacts – recovered in two seabed sediment samples (each of just over a cubic foot) from target seabed sites (25 miles north of Blakeney, Norfolk) – don’t look visually impressive. But they are, for the very first time, enabling archaeologists to home in on what is likely to be Stone Age settlement sites that were swallowed up by the sea in around 6000 BC.

The potential settlements themselves – on opposite sides of an ancient river estuary – are even older – probably dating from between 8200 and 7700 BC.

The archaeologists  -  from the universities of Bradford and Ghent –  have also discovered evidence explaining precisely why the Stone Age humans were so attracted to these two particular locations.

The pollen and other environmental evidence being recovered from around the two sites show that the Mesolithic hunter-gatherers, who were active there, had easy access to more than half a dozen different landscape zones, each with different resources to exploit.

Marshland with rich reed beds provided opportunities to hunt large waterfowl, collect eggs and gather reeds for making baskets and fish traps.

More: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/atlantis-britain-stone-age-north-sea-archaeology-artefacts-discovery-a8952721.html

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Gobekli tepe opened the floodgates. NOW a more true picture of history can be researched and presented.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

That had to be hell building a house... Set a stone, come up for air...
Can't imagine plowing...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Scientists Are Investigating A 9,000 Year Old Sunken Atlantis That May Rewrite European History

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That had to be hell building a house... Set a stone, come up for air...
Can't imagine plowing...

At least the irrigating is easy.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
*****rollingeyes*****

888high58888

At least the Miller had an easy commute to the daily grind.

They've found some interesting ruins off the coast of India. Have to read any of that?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There should be similar archaeological sites at the places on the Continental shelves where the rivers met the oceans during the Ice Age and the rise in sea level as the climate warmed.

Look off Cape Charles to Hatteras, and offshore of any major river mouth on the Continental shelf. Indonesia should be loaded with sites.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There's a massive site off the coast of Japan. Nobody will hardly touch it because what they've found already rewrites human history.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There's a massive site off the coast of Japan. Nobody will hardly touch it because what they've found already rewrites human history.

@Free Vulcan do you have any links?  I'd love to read about that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
PING!

The above is a ping to an imaginary Archeology ping list that people interested in archeology would subscribe to so they would automatically be pinged to any new articles or replies.

Damn shame we don't have one,huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
PING!

The above is a ping to an imaginary Archeology ping list that people interested in archeology would subscribe to so they would automatically be pinged to any new articles or replies.

Damn shame we don't have one,huh?

Would you read that, @sneakypete?  I would love to see a SunkenCiv kind of thread. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Would you read that, @sneakypete?  I would love to see a SunkenCiv kind of thread.

@Sanguine

In an instant! Not a chance in hell of me ever missing an article like that if there were ping lists.

BUT......,it seems that since ping lists weren't invented here,we ain't gonna get them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

In an instant! Not a chance in hell of me ever missing an article like that if there were ping lists.

BUT......,it seems that since ping lists weren't invented here,we ain't gonna get them.

Tell me if this works - I mod the Intellectual Dark Web category.  I didn't get pinged when people posted new articles there until I clicked on the "Notify" button down on the bottom right.  Now I get an email every time someone posts something new there.  Would that work?

Offline roamer_1

If somebody is making an archaeology pinglist, put me on it!

Online Free Vulcan

• Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@Free Vulcan do you have any links?  I'd love to read about that.

Here's one I did under a search of: Yonaguni-Jima, Japan underwater city

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/09/yonaguni-jima-japan-underwater-city/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I guess people here are not using Mentions....I get pinged to everything... :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

I guess people here are not using Mentions....I get pinged to everything... :whistle:

@mystery-ak
I have found that multiple mentions in the same post can become buggy...
Rather, several works alright, but many, like a fair-sized pinglist, not everyone gets the ping.
So I abandoned that method.  :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Don't know how the North Sea looked in 6000BC. But today it is notorious. Pangea and what all.
If you plan to traverse the North Sea today, you better batten down the hatches and get ready for a rough cold ride.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I watch tons of videos about megalithic construction on Youtube.

Stuff they have found in Turkey, eastern Europe, everywhere around the world.

Like I've said. Ask the Scythians.

Some cool stuff in Korea.  Ganghwa Dolmens.

Dolmens in America.

The polygonal megalith construction is worldwide.

I have been studying this stuff for a long time.

Offline roamer_1

I have been studying this stuff for a long time.

Me too.