Author Topic: Alabama governor signs chemical castration bill into law  (Read 417 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Alabama governor signs chemical castration bill into law
« on: June 11, 2019, 08:42:17 pm »
Alabama governor signs chemical castration bill into law
Fox 8, Jun 11, 2019, CNN Wire

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — Republican Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey signed a bill into law Monday that requires someone convicted of a sex offense against a child under the age of 13 to begin chemical castration a month before being released from custody.

The law requires individuals convicted of such an offense to continue treatments until a court deems the treatment is no longer necessary. It says offenders must pay for the treatment, and they can’t be denied parole solely based on an inability to pay.

“This bill is a step toward protecting children in Alabama,” Ivey said.

Both houses of the Alabama Legislature approved the legislation late last month, after it was put forward by state GOP Rep. Steve Hurst.

Chemical castration involves administering medication — via tablets or injection — to take away sexual interest and make it impossible for a person to perform sexual acts. If the person stops taking the drug the effects can be reversed.

Several states have versions of chemical castration in their laws.

More:  https://myfox8.com/2019/06/11/alabama-governor-signs-chemical-castration-bill-into-law/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Alabama governor signs chemical castration bill into law
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 10:19:36 pm »
I have no problems with this myself, but I sense that it won't stand "the Constitutional test" when pressed upwards into the U.S. Supreme Court.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 01:21:17 am »
Sounds good on paper....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 11:28:29 am »
I have no problems with this myself, but I sense that it won't stand "the Constitutional test" when pressed upwards into the U.S. Supreme Court.

Since it is a reversible treatment as a condition of parole, it likely will hold up under court review.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 04:51:10 pm »
I like the idea, however, they better make damn sure they have an airtight case or the right person.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 09:29:22 pm »
It probably won't work.  Most cases of child sex abuse and rape have to do with power, not lust. jmho

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 09:38:31 pm »
It probably won't work.  Most cases of child sex abuse and rape have to do with power, not lust. jmho

Not just your opinion, it is widely shared among criminal psychologists.  The recidivism rate is sky high, approaching 100%.  This law will not affect that rate and will eventually be discarded as a failure when the "castrated" felons start re-offending.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 02:20:51 pm »
June 11, 2019
Alabama Gets Creative With Pedophile Punishment

Alabama governor’s signed a bill into law requiring some convicted pedophiles to undergo chemical castration. (BBC)

Under the law, those found guilty of a sex offense against a minor under the age of 13 will have to start sex-drive-lowering medication a month before being released on parole.

A court will decide when it is no longer necessary.

There are now seven states, including Louisiana and Florida, with chemical castration laws.

https://youramerica.news/2019/06/11/alabama-gets-creative-with-pedophile-punishment/