Author Topic: Liberal Intolerance Is Wrecking My Family  (Read 188 times)

Offline Hoodat

Liberal Intolerance Is Wrecking My Family
« on: June 11, 2019, 06:19:04 pm »
Liberal Intolerance Is Wrecking My Family

CJ Pearson     |     June 5, 2019

Milkshakes and worse are being hurled at conservatives and right-wingers.  When President Trump was in London, intolerance caused physical attacks by leftists on the elderly.  The police stood watching.  During the European Parliamentary elections, a war veteran was similarly assaulted. Why?  For daring to express his support for the Brexit Party.  It is easy to reduce such incidents to statistics, Pew Research Center findings, and opinion poll numbers.  We often have to see the grisly images ourselves to recognize the levels of liberal intolerance engulfing the West.  Trump supporters are brutalized in public. Right-leaning personalities targeted on social media. People are struggling to make ends meet because of liberal intolerance.

Ideological bigotry of this kind was evident to me before I came across it online. It started within my own home.  I come from a house divided. Not only by political ideology and affiliation, but by generation. Both my grandparents – who have raised me since birth – are proud, card-carrying Democrats.  For the past five years I have watched as my relationship with my grandparents deteriorated. Bonds which I believed to be life-long are fading for no reason other than my politics.  .  .  .

The single biggest casualty is my relationship with two people who I love more than anything: my grandparents.  Since my foray into conservative politics, the relationship has been fraught with conflict.  I can vividly recount each time my grandfather tore into me for voicing an opinion with which he disagreed, labeling me ignorant or misguided.  I can vividly remember each time he accused me of “kissing the white man’s ass”, dismissing my activism as unimportant and meaningless. Putting me down without any sense or feeling of remorse.  I can vividly remember each time, due to his intolerance, I was reduced to tears.  .  .  .

https://humanevents.com/2019/06/05/liberal-intolerance-is-ruining-my-family/

This is the thing that always stands out to me about liberals.  They are intolerant and mean-spirited.  And as the author had demonstrated, their 'love' is always conditional, even to their own grandchildren.  Devastating read.  It sucks that many of us must live in a prison of silence so that we don't tip off liberals who we may work with or be related to that we are members of the one class they are allowed to denigrate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-