Poll

Will the recent US/Mexico deal significantly decrease Illegal Immigration at Border?

Yes
3 (17.6%)
No
9 (52.9%)
Same as it ever was
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: July 01, 2019, 02:24:50 pm

Author Topic: Will the recent US/Mexico deal significantly decrease Illegal Immigration at Border?  (Read 4155 times)

Online corbe

Do threats of Mexican Tariffs Work, in this particular instance. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No.  It is against Mexico's interests to fix our problem.

Offline jpsb

If it is as advertised then illegal immigration from Central America (CA) will be significantly reduced. From Mexico not so much. Right now the "asylum seekers" are mostly from CA. All in all Trump did good but we still need the wall.

this is pretty outrageous

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

go to 1 min 15 secs
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 02:47:11 pm by jpsb »

Pragmatist

Voted no, hope I'm wrong.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Voted no, hope I'm wrong.

I voted yes and hope I'm right!

Welcome to TBR @pragmatist!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

No.  I don't think Mexico has the ability nor the resources to significantly decrease the ILLEGAL invasion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I voted yes because I want to believe. Millions of uneducated, unvetted, and in some cases carrying illness, can't invade this country without serious consequences for the citizens.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Alfie

I would like to believe also.  I voted yes.

Offline libertybele

I don't believe there really was a deal. So no, nothing will change.

I believe there was some sort of a 'deal', but not a grand and glorious one as we are supposed to believe.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

The recent US/Mexico 'deal' is subject to Trump walking it back yet once again.   :pop41:

Offline Applewood

The recent US/Mexico 'deal' is subject to Trump walking it back yet once again.   :pop41:

Just like the Iran strikes and the ICE roundup.  Can't believe anything he says or does.  All for show.  Reality tv.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I voted yes and hope I'm right!

Welcome to TBR @pragmatist!

Let's hope Pragmatist signs up!  We added a feature to the polls...guests are allowed to post here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline MajorClay

It asked "significantly"  I don't think so.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Yeah, this is a joke poll... of course it will not do anything and even those that voted "yes" know it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

No.

It's in Mexico's best interest that as many illegals as possible be Mexican.  They're not agreeing to cut down on illegals, just to cut down on the number that are OTM.  Gee, thanks.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Absalom

A 15th century Roman identified the vital attribute that great leaders must have;
the ability to radiate fear in their adversaries/enemies!!!
Were he present now, Machiavelli would ask, "Who fears Trumpet???"