Author Topic: Leftism Makes People Meaner: Reflections on the Torture of Paul Manafort  (Read 164 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Leftism Makes People Meaner: Reflections on the Torture of Paul Manafort
Dennis Prager

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 6:01 AM

The sadistic treatment of Paul Manafort illustrates something I have believed since I attended graduate school in the 1970s and saw the behavior of left-wing students: Leftism makes people meaner.

There are kind and mean conservatives and kind and mean liberals. Neither liberalism nor conservatism makes people kinder or meaner. But this is not the case with leftism. With the handful of exceptions that accompany every generalization, leftism makes people meaner, even crueler.

Take the transfer of Manafort, the one-time Trump campaign manager, from a federal prison to New York's Rikers Island prison. Rikers Island is universally regarded as a wretched place. As Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz wrote:

"The decision to move Paul Manafort ... from the decent federal prison to which he was sentenced to solitary confinement to the dangerous hell hole that is New York City's Rikers Island seems abusive and possibly illegal.

"I know Rikers well having spent time there visiting numerous defendants accused of murder and other violent crimes. It is a terrible place that no one should ever be sent to."

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2019/06/11/leftism-makes-people-meaner-reflections-on-the-torture-of-paul-manafort-n2547945
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Shed no tears for Paul Manafort. If not for him, we'd have Ted Cruz as President...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024