Author Topic: Notes on The Mexican Military's Mission to the Guatemala-Mexico Border  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• My oath of enlistment has no expiration date
  • TBR Contributor
Notes on The Mexican Military's Mission to the Guatemala-Mexico Border

By Todd Bensman on June 10, 2019

Soon, some 6,000 Mexican government troops will be on their way to fortify its 541-mile southern border with Guatemala against further mass economic migration surging through toward the American one. Their deployment is part of a negotiated settlement with President Trump to drop the threat of progressive trade tariffs on Mexican products.

But speaking as someone who has explored the Mexico-Guatemala border while reporting about the massive human smuggling industry that dominates Guatemala's economy, I am skeptical that 6,000 ground troops will completely succeed.

This is a border every bit as tough to seal as our own line with Mexico, but with not even a measurable fraction of the America's layered defenses, such as motion-detection technology, multi-agency air and marine assets, and bilateral intelligence collaboration. And we have a pretty good idea of how well all that's been working on the U.S. Southwest Border.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Notes-Mexican-Militarys-Mission-GuatemalaMexico-Border
Give a Democrat a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a Democrat to fish and he'll steal your rod, take your wallet, sexually assault the fish, and then blame President Trump.

Author unknown

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf