Author Topic: If We Act As If Free Speech is Over, It Will Be. Self-censorship is the worst censorship.  (Read 231 times)

rangerrebew

If We Act As If Free Speech is Over, It Will Be
Self-censorship is the worst censorship.
June 10, 2019
Bosch Fawstin

What kind of world would it be if no one drew Mohammad? A world without Free Speech, like the Islamic world. I never want to live in that world, and drawing Mohammad is how I personally keep that world at bay. Unfortunately, almost no one is drawing Mohammad cartoons today. The horrible fact is that terrorism has worked. The violent response to criticism of Islam and of Mohammad cartoons has made those of us who continue to criticize Islam and draw Mohammad a very small minority, making us easier to pick off by leftists who want to character assassinate us, in order to ban us from mainstream society, and Muslims who want to literally assassinate us. (The word assassin is of Arabic origin).

Whatever reason that those who can draw and who claim to support Free Speech don’t draw Mohammad –and I’ve heard it all, from them claiming that they have no “interest” in doing so, to it’s just not their “thing”- the simple reason is that the murders and death threats have shut them up and shut down their alleged support for freedom. Islam’s got their tongues and their pens, and they’re ashamed to admit it. People ask me why I draw Mohammad, since I get death threats, and the reason I draw Mohammad is because of the death threats. The way I see it, death threats are not a reason to NOT draw Mohammad, but TO draw Mohammad. I never set out to draw Mohammad, and even being raised Muslim, I didn’t know of the Islamic prohibition of drawing him, but when Danish cartoonists were threatened with death over drawing Mohammad, I did what’s natural for someone who loves freedom, especially when it’s threatened, and I began drawing Mohammad, and I have stopped since.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/273951/if-we-act-if-free-speech-over-it-will-be-bosch-fawstin
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:59:34 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Whatever reason that those who can draw and who claim to support Free Speech don’t draw Mohammad –and I’ve heard it all, from them claiming that they have no “interest” in doing so, to it’s just not their “thing”- the simple reason is that the murders and death threats have shut them up and shut down their alleged support for freedom.
Oh, shut up. I have just as much of a right not to draw a Mohammed cartoon as you have a right to do so, and calling me a coward is not going to change my mind. Demanding I do things your way is in fact the same tactic being used against Arlene's Flowers, Sweet Cakes by Melissa and Masterpiece Cakeshop.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024