Author Topic: Supreme Court Upholds Great American Tradition  (Read 518 times)

rangerrebew

Supreme Court Upholds Great American Tradition
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:45:04 pm »

June 10, 2019
Supreme Court Upholds Great American Tradition

The Supreme Court rejected a case brought by atheist plaintiffs against the motto “In God We Trust” printed on the US dollars. Fox News reports:

Show me the motto.

The Supreme Court rejected an atheist case Monday to remove “In God We Trust,” the national motto, from all coins and currency from the Department of Treasury.

https://1600daily.com/2019/06/10/supreme-court-upholds-great-american-tradition/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Great American Tradition
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 01:10:22 pm »
Can we get Newdow labeled a vexatious litigant yet?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 01:20:39 pm »
Can we get Newdow labeled a vexatious litigant yet?

Him and that group of Wisconsin nuts, the FFRF
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 01:24:58 pm »
I don't believe in any God,but I don't see why this would get anyone's panties all in a wad. It has no effect whatsoever on anything. The money is has the same amount of purchasing power it would have if that slogan weren't on it,so what's the big deal other than wanting the power to dictate to others what they CAN'T believe in?

And HOW is this any different from telling others what they MUST believe in? Or NOT believe in,as the case may be?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 03:05:30 pm »
I don't believe in any God,but I don't see why this would get anyone's panties all in a wad. It has no effect whatsoever on anything. The money is has the same amount of purchasing power it would have if that slogan weren't on it,so what's the big deal other than wanting the power to dictate to others what they CAN'T believe in?

And HOW is this any different from telling others what they MUST believe in? Or NOT believe in,as the case may be?
I see that they finally admitted in their suit that atheism is a religion, Newdow argued in his petition to the Supreme Court that because his clients are all atheist individuals or atheist groups, the government violated their “sincere religious belief” , so I would say that they are just like the muslims that they can't abide anyone having a religious belief different then their own.

I agree that if these people don't believe in God, or any god, why should it concern or bother them that someone else does? The only answer is that they a religious extremists and intolerant of other's beliefs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 03:15:25 pm »
I see that they finally admitted in their suit that atheism is a religion,

Of course it is,and Atheism is one of the more devout religious cults.
Newdow argued in his petition to the Supreme Court that because his clients are all atheist individuals or atheist groups, the government violated their “sincere religious belief” , so I would say that they are just like the muslims that they can't abide anyone having a religious belief different then their own.

Not to mention just like Catholics,Jews,fundie Christians,etc,etc,etc. These are ALL "faith-based religions" because there is no such thing as a "fact-based religion". This FACT includes atheism because everyone understands it is impossible to prove a negative.

Having said all that,the problem is with the followers,not any of the religions,including atheism.

Seems like there is no such critter as a "true believer" that believes in "live and let live". THAT is the problem. If what people are doing does you no harm,LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE TO LIVE THEIR LIVES AS THEY SEE FIT!

I agree that if these people don't believe in God, or any god, why should it concern or bother them that someone else does? The only answer is that they a religious extremists and intolerant of other's beliefs.

There it is.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!