Author Topic: Growing Drive to Destroy the Beef Industry  (Read 2064 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Growing Drive to Destroy the Beef Industry
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:33:06 pm »
American Policy Center by Tom DeWeese 6/10/2019

The American beef industry has long been a tasty target of the environmentalists and their allies in the animal rights movement. To understand the reason is to know that protecting the environment is not the goal, rather the excuse in a determined drive for global power. Their selected tactic is to control the land, water, energy, and population of the Earth. To achieve these ends requires, among other things, the destruction of private property rights and elimination of every individual’s ability to make personal lifestyle choices, including personal diet.

Of course, no totalitarian-bound movement would ever put their purpose in such direct terms. That’s where the environmental protection excuse comes in. Instead, American cattle producers are simply assured that no one wants to harm their industry, just make it safer for the environment. The gun industry might recognize that such assurance sounds a bit familiar. Same source, same tactics, same goals.

So the offered solution to “fix” the beef industry is “sustainable certification”. All the cattle growers have to do, they are assured, is follow a few simple rules and all will be fine, peaceful and profitable. Enter the players: the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (GRSB), and the U.S, Department of Agriculture.

First, let’s reveal the Sustainablists’ stated problems with the beef industry. What’s not sustainable about raising beef? According to the environmental “experts”, there are ten reasons why the meat industry does not meet sustainable standards:

1. Deforestation – the claim is that farm animals require considerably more land than crops to produce food. The World Hunger Program calculated that if the land was used to grow grain and soy instead of cattle the land could provide a vegan diet to 6 billion people. Do you get that – a vegan diet! The fact is, most grazing land in the U.S. cannot be used for growing food crops because the soil wouldn’t sustain crops.

2. Fresh Water – they claim that the America diet requires 4,200 gallons of water per day, including animal drinking water, irrigation of crops, processing, washing, etc. Whereas a vegan diet only requires 300 gallons per day. Apparently they don’t plan to irrigate the land to grow wheat or to wash the vegetables.

3. Waste Disposal – factory farms house hundreds of thousands of animals that produce waste. They claim these giant livestock farms produce more than 130 times the amount of waste humans do. The interesting thing about this detail is that the actual sustainable policies they are enforcing to fix this problem destroy the small family farms in favor of the very giant corporate factory farms they profess to oppose. In addition, those global corporations which join the Green cabal have the ability to ignore many of the “sustainable” restrictions, unlike the small, family farms that are much better at protecting the environment on their own.

4. Energy Consumption – For the steak to end up on your plate, say the Greens, the cow has to consume massive amounts of energy along the way as the cattle are transported thousands of miles to slaughter, market, and refrigerate. And let’s not forget, the meat must then be cooked! Well this transportation argument is a direct result of the existence of a limited few packing companies in cahoots with the Green Lords that dictate the market as they work against a more decentralized, local industry. Meanwhile, last time I checked, Tofurkey – made from soy — also has to be cooked!

5. Food Productivity – say the Greens, food productivity of farmland is falling behind the population and the only option, besides cutting the population, is to cut back on meat consumption and convert grazing lands to food crops. As noted in point 1, most grazing land cannot be converted. Everything dealing with the sustainable argument is based on some unseen crisis. Yet we do not have a world-wide food shortage or pending famine. In fact, the media is persistently reporting “price-depressing crop surpluses.” The only places where such shortages may exist are in totalitarian societies where government is controlling food production and supplies – kind of like the Green’s plan for sustainable beef.

More: https://americanpolicy.org/2019/06/10/growing-drive-to-destroy-the-beef-industry/?mc_cid=46db03f222&mc_eid=caea1b183c

Offline Idiot

Re: Growing Drive to Destroy the Beef Industry
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 01:44:22 pm »
American Policy Center by Tom DeWeese 6/10/2019

The American beef industry has long been a tasty target of the environmentalists and their allies in the animal rights movement. To understand the reason is to know that protecting the environment is not the goal, rather the excuse in a determined drive for global power. Their selected tactic is to control the land, water, energy, and population of the Earth. To achieve these ends requires, among other things, the destruction of private property rights and elimination of every individual’s ability to make personal lifestyle choices, including personal diet.

Of course, no totalitarian-bound movement would ever put their purpose in such direct terms. That’s where the environmental protection excuse comes in. Instead, American cattle producers are simply assured that no one wants to harm their industry, just make it safer for the environment. The gun industry might recognize that such assurance sounds a bit familiar. Same source, same tactics, same goals.

So the offered solution to “fix” the beef industry is “sustainable certification”. All the cattle growers have to do, they are assured, is follow a few simple rules and all will be fine, peaceful and profitable. Enter the players: the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (GRSB), and the U.S, Department of Agriculture.

First, let’s reveal the Sustainablists’ stated problems with the beef industry. What’s not sustainable about raising beef? According to the environmental “experts”, there are ten reasons why the meat industry does not meet sustainable standards:

1. Deforestation – the claim is that farm animals require considerably more land than crops to produce food. The World Hunger Program calculated that if the land was used to grow grain and soy instead of cattle the land could provide a vegan diet to 6 billion people. Do you get that – a vegan diet! The fact is, most grazing land in the U.S. cannot be used for growing food crops because the soil wouldn’t sustain crops.

2. Fresh Water – they claim that the America diet requires 4,200 gallons of water per day, including animal drinking water, irrigation of crops, processing, washing, etc. Whereas a vegan diet only requires 300 gallons per day. Apparently they don’t plan to irrigate the land to grow wheat or to wash the vegetables.

3. Waste Disposal – factory farms house hundreds of thousands of animals that produce waste. They claim these giant livestock farms produce more than 130 times the amount of waste humans do. The interesting thing about this detail is that the actual sustainable policies they are enforcing to fix this problem destroy the small family farms in favor of the very giant corporate factory farms they profess to oppose. In addition, those global corporations which join the Green cabal have the ability to ignore many of the “sustainable” restrictions, unlike the small, family farms that are much better at protecting the environment on their own.

4. Energy Consumption – For the steak to end up on your plate, say the Greens, the cow has to consume massive amounts of energy along the way as the cattle are transported thousands of miles to slaughter, market, and refrigerate. And let’s not forget, the meat must then be cooked! Well this transportation argument is a direct result of the existence of a limited few packing companies in cahoots with the Green Lords that dictate the market as they work against a more decentralized, local industry. Meanwhile, last time I checked, Tofurkey – made from soy — also has to be cooked!

5. Food Productivity – say the Greens, food productivity of farmland is falling behind the population and the only option, besides cutting the population, is to cut back on meat consumption and convert grazing lands to food crops. As noted in point 1, most grazing land cannot be converted. Everything dealing with the sustainable argument is based on some unseen crisis. Yet we do not have a world-wide food shortage or pending famine. In fact, the media is persistently reporting “price-depressing crop surpluses.” The only places where such shortages may exist are in totalitarian societies where government is controlling food production and supplies – kind of like the Green’s plan for sustainable beef.

More: https://americanpolicy.org/2019/06/10/growing-drive-to-destroy-the-beef-industry/?mc_cid=46db03f222&mc_eid=caea1b183c
Great.....destroy the beef producers.  I need cheaper beef anyway.  I'll gladly take up the slack.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 02:34:46 pm »
Ranchers make sure their methods are sustainable.  Otherwise, they're out of business. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 03:11:53 pm »
Who decides that animals are more important, than plants?

Who is looking out for the poor, oppressed Sow plants?

Should soy suffer, in order to proect mere cattle?

All creaturess, large and small, deserve equality.

I am not willing to stand by silently,, while soy beans and sugar beeets get slaughtered, to save cattle and swine.

Letting Zoology, trample the rights of botany, is just unfair.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 11:24:17 pm »
Ranchers make sure their methods are sustainable.  Otherwise, they're out of business.
Out this way, that grazing land was formerly occupied by herds of bison who roamed the plains in groups so large they could take days to pass.

Angus are easier to work with.

I guess those bison never ate grass, never crapped, urinated, nor drank water. After all, they are the mythical bison of lalaland.

(Grew up next door to those unicorns who fart skittles and rainbows).

The reality, a lot of farmland would suffice as grazing land, with less water, fewer chemicals, and allowed to graze, the cattle would return nutrients to the soil. But people are building houses on good farmland, pushing the farmers off, and the critters are gnawing away up in the draws.

Now, this here's fine grazing land, tough to cross except on horseback,
(Credit: Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation)

But trying to plow it, farm it, put soybeans or wheat on it?
Why that's as likely as a Democrat with a lick of common sense.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 11:28:20 pm »
Give me Beef or give me death.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 11:48:28 pm »
Morons.

Cow crap is pure gold.

Take land that's been over-farmed... Less than an inch of topsoil left.

Fence it off, plant it to cover crops. run cattle on it, follow the chickens behind em (they'll scatter the patties looking for grubs).

Keep it mowed behind the chickens.

In five years there will be 6-10" of topsoil.

These folks don't know a dang thing they're talking about.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 11:50:32 pm »
Morons.

Cow crap is pure gold.

Fence it off, plant it to cover crops. run cattle on it, follow the chickens behind em (they'll scatter the patties looking for grubs).

Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 11:53:22 pm »
Morons.

Cow crap is pure gold.

Good Lord.  We (ranchers and the farmers) fed this county for over 200 years and now we have to deal with these ass holes.  What a frick'n joke.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 12:01:02 am »
Good Lord.  We (ranchers and the farmers) fed this county for over 200 years and now we have to deal with these ass holes.  What a frick'n joke.

Correction: We fed the world.

There is a legitimate bitch. Over-farming and overuse of chemical fertilizers have decimated farmlands.
Farmers are catching on. At least the family farmers are.

Folks are going back to composting methods that build soil and add mineral and fertilizers naturally - The method above that I described is a primary method for recovering said lands and making them fertile again.

Animals are an intrinsic part of proper farming... and ranching is every bit as necessary to the farm as growing plants.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 12:22:14 am »
Correction: We fed the world.

There is a legitimate bitch. Over-farming and overuse of chemical fertilizers have decimated farmlands.
Farmers are catching on. At least the family farmers are.

Folks are going back to composting methods that build soil and add mineral and fertilizers naturally - The method above that I described is a primary method for recovering said lands and making them fertile again.

Animals are an intrinsic part of proper farming... and ranching is every bit as necessary to the farm as growing plants.

Every farmer I ever knew was a "Family Farmer".  As a kid I baled hay. Whether it was in the fields throwing it on the hay rack or later stacking the hay in hay loft.  I also worked on a dairy farm. The cows needed to be milked early in the morning, or their very full udders will become uncomfortable. Hell before the cows or me were even awake I was responsible for sterilizing the equipment used to milk the cows.   I cut thistles out of pastures. I detasseled corn. I cut rouge corn out of soybean fields. I shoveled shit into a manure spreader. I spread cow manure from a tractor on the fields.  So I agree with you on the family farmer.  They are the backbone of farming.  888high58888

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 12:40:26 am »
Wonder what would happen if these people got the wrong button on their Smartphone and found out the Amazon is being destroyed to grow soy, when what they were trying to do was order more tofu burgers from Amazon?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 12:45:48 am »
Every farmer I ever knew was a "Family Farmer".  As a kid I baled hay. Whether it was in the fields throwing it on the hay rack or later stacking the hay in hay loft.  I also worked on a dairy farm. The cows needed to be milked early in the morning, or their very full udders will become uncomfortable. Hell before the cows or me were even awake I was responsible for sterilizing the equipment used to milk the cows.   I cut thistles out of pastures. I detasseled corn. I cut rouge corn out of soybean fields. I shoveled shit into a manure spreader. I spread cow manure from a tractor on the fields.  So I agree with you on the family farmer.  They are the backbone of farming.  888high58888

Yep. Same, except the crops are different. We're definitely dairy and cattle country, and crops tend toward hay and winter wheat... Otherwise all the same, but for no mention of running the Minneapolis Moline up and down the silage pits...  And roundup.

888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 01:34:05 am »
Beef is in for a bit of a rough ride without these idiots. The corn harvest is going to suck this year because of the flooding and a President promising to divert more to ethanol. Feedlots are going to see the price of the feed skyrocket.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 02:18:15 am »
True story - a neighbor called this evening while we were on the back porch drinking a postprandial stout. Their bull was missing, had we seen him?  No, but we had heard him and knew roughly where he was.  So, four, ummm, mature ladies, one hapless husband, 2 ATVs and one electric golf cart went looking for him.  We found him.  After 45 minutes chasing him, the resident bull, and the resident cows all over several muddy pastures, we had to give it up when the sun went down.  Back in the morning to convince one enamored bull to return to his own herd. 

Here, hold muh beer.

999beer
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:20:05 am by Sanguine »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 03:37:53 am »

Here, hold muh beer.

999beer

Hee hee... I heard that...
I can still sit a horse... But they groan so bad when I sit down...
Or maybe it's me groanin...  :shrug:

And ol Chewy... I'd say lets go round em up...
And he'd be all excited till we got past the barnyard...
Then he'd sit there and watch me leavin.

So on account of the dog, I'd best stay on the porch and let them young bucks have a go at it.
Don't worry... I'll keep an eye on the sweet tea...

888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 03:39:08 am »
True story - a neighbor called this evening while we were on the back porch drinking a postprandial stout. Their bull was missing, had we seen him?  No, but we had heard him and knew roughly where he was.  So, four, ummm, mature ladies, one hapless husband, 2 ATVs and one electric golf cart went looking for him.  We found him.  After 45 minutes chasing him, the resident bull, and the resident cows all over several muddy pastures, we had to give it up when the sun went down.  Back in the morning to convince one enamored bull to return to his own herd. 

Here, hold muh beer.

999beer

*bouche*

Never much liked bulls.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 03:57:49 am »
*bouche*

Never much liked bulls.....

They're Herefords.  They're very well mannered.  ....most of the time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 04:09:27 am »
They're Herefords.  They're very well mannered.  ....most of the time.

When they're amorous is probably not an optimal time to pet them....
I will NOT comply.