Author Topic: More US troops die during training than in combat operations  (Read 302 times)

rangerrebew

More US troops die during training than in combat operations
Zachary Cohen

By Zachary Cohen, CNN

Updated 5:27 PM ET, Thu June 6, 2019

Washington (CNN)A vehicle accident that killed one cadet from the US Military Academy and injured 21 others Thursday is refocusing attention on a startling statistic -- more American service members are dying during training exercises than in combat operations.

Between 2006 and 2018, 31.9% of active-duty military deaths were the result of accidents, according to a congressional report updated last month. By comparison, 16.3% of service members who died during that time were killed in action.
And a large majority of those accidents occurred in circumstances unrelated to combat deployments.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/06/politics/us-military-deadly-accidents/index.html?utm_source=RC%20Defense%20Morning%20Recon&utm_campaign=f6443dff61-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_06_10_08_09&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_694f73a8dc-f6443dff61-81835773

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: More US troops die during training than in combat operations
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 01:31:55 pm »
This is a good thing because it means that not only are we training hard,it also means we are not fighting a war.

MAYBE we SHOULD be fighting a war,but I am personally not going to sign-off on one until I hear the stated reasons and the proposed goal.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 02:32:51 pm »
Maybe those two things are related!  Train hard so you're ready when the chips are down!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 03:01:50 pm »
Maybe those two things are related!  Train hard so you're ready when the chips are down!

@Bigun

Yup!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!