Author Topic: Man imprisoned for lying about disability to Social Security  (Read 373 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle June 11, 2019

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) — A Cedar Rapids man who lied to officials so he could receive Social Security benefits has been imprisoned.

Prosecutors said in a news release Monday that 58-year-old Larry Hanson Sr. was sentenced to six months in prison and ordered to pay more than $78,500 in restitution. He must also serve three years of supervised release after the prison term.

More: https://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Man-imprisoned-for-lying-about-disability-to-13967500.php

Offline thackney

Re: Man imprisoned for lying about disability to Social Security
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:04:01 pm »
Man imprisoned for lying about disability to Social Security theft
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 01:46:25 pm »

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) — A Cedar Rapids man who lied to officials so he could receive Social Security benefits has been imprisoned.

Prosecutors said in a news release Monday that 58-year-old Larry Hanson Sr. was sentenced to six months in prison and ordered to pay more than $78,500 in restitution. He must also serve three years of supervised release after the prison term.

More: https://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Man-imprisoned-for-lying-about-disability-to-13967500.php
One down...millions to go.....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 02:08:34 pm »

@Elderberry

I will only add he should have been given more time for the obvious felony theft. Then again,it was amazing anyone was actually charged and sentenced. He must be a white citizen.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 02:09:46 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 02:13:45 pm »
One down...millions to go.....

My thought exactly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien