Author Topic: Five people are charged with murdering a mentally disabled woman, 19, after they 'invited her on a h  (Read 693 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Five people are charged with murdering a mentally disabled woman, 19, after they 'invited her on a hike, duct taped her feet together, shot her in the head and threw her in a river'

10 Jun, 2019

Denali Brehmer, 18, is accused of murdering her best friend Cynthia Hoffman, 19, on June 2
Caleb Leyland, 19, Kayden McIntosh, 16, and two juveniles allegedly helped her
Leyland told police after his arrest that he and the others all agreed to kill Hoffman, who operated intellectually at a seventh-grade level
After Hoffman was killed and tossed in the Eklutna River, McIntosh and Brehmer allegedly used her phone to text her family and lie about her last sighting

Five people have been arrested in the killing of a mentally disabled 19-year-old woman who they say was duct taped, shot in the back of the head and tossed into a river after being invited on a hike by a friend.
Denali Brehmer, 18, is accused of murdering her best friend Cynthia Hoffman, 19, on June 2, with help from Caleb Leyland, 19, 16-year-old Kayden McIntosh, and two unnamed teens.
'I know I did something wrong and I know I could have probably done something different if I was able to and I don't want my daughter knowing that her mom grew up a killer because I don't see myself as one,' said Brehmer at the arraignment on Saturday, according to KTUU.
Police say that she and the other four suspects schemed together to murder Hoffman and then cover their tracks.

snip

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7122611/Alaska-police-charge-3-additional-people-womans-killing.html
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

You knew you did something wrong, so why did you do it?

Had something like this happen locally in 2010.  6 people tortured a mentally challenged woman for 36 hours, then stabbed her to death..  Unfortunately, thanks to our liberal justice system in this state, all six are still breathing. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jennifer_Daugherty

I hope Alaska does a better job with the adult suspects in this case.

Offline thackney

We used to live nearby the area where the attack occurred.  Thunderbird Falls trail is often used.  We hiked it often and rarely found it empty of other people.  In June, it would always have traffic.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2019/06/09/draft-3-more-people-charged-in-killing-of-cynthia-hoffman/

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/alaska/thunderbird-falls-trail

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Had something like this happen locally in 2010.  6 people tortured a mentally challenged woman for 36 hours, then stabbed her to death..  Unfortunately, thanks to our liberal justice system in this state, all six are still breathing. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jennifer_Daugherty

I hope Alaska does a better job with the adult suspects in this case.

@Applewood

I can read about things like that and get so mad I get a little dizzy.

IMNSHO,we need to bring back burning at the stake for some offenses.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@Applewood

I can read about things like that and get so mad I get a little dizzy.

IMNSHO,we need to bring back burning at the stake for some offenses.
Burning causes pollution and ads to climate change. I think we should bring back public hangings, make sure capital punishment is enforced in all the states and not allow people to live with amenities for decades after conviction.

Offline Applewood

Burning causes pollution and ads to climate change. I think we should bring back public hangings, make sure capital punishment is enforced in all the states and not allow people to live with amenities for decades after conviction.

I was going to say, firing squads, but those are a waste of perfectly good ammo. 

Well, where I live, we technically have the death penalty, but it's seldom carried out.  Then the present governor declared a moratorium on the death penalty, supposedly to investigate the alleged unfair application of the sentence upon minorities -- in other words, a sneaky way for the governor to nullify the death penalty in this state.  So we taxpayers get to maintain these *bleeps* for the rest of their natural lives.  If they're young when they are convicted, we are supporting them for 30, 40, 50 years or more.

I'm not a violent person IRL, but in a case like this, I believe there should be no leniency, no mercy and no humane execution.  They should be made to suffer as their victim suffered, then wiped off the face of the earth.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
sneakin' pete wrote:
"IMNSHO,we need to bring back burning at the stake for some offenses."

Have to say that I agree with you.
A case like this deserves it.
Public executions would be fine with me.

As well as this:
"This Constitution recognizes capital punishment to be an appropriate penalty pursuant to the due process of law.

As such, no Court of the United States, nor of the Several States, may declare the death penalty invalid under this Constitution, nor shall any of the Several States enact laws that do the same.

No person in the United States, nor in the several States, shall face such punishment unless above the age of twelve years and six months."

Offline LottieDah

There is a special place in hell for those monsters.

Offline mountaineer

The Daugherty case immediately came to my mind, too. Having had a mentally disabled relative (now deceased), I shudder to think what sick, evil people could have done to him - and what actually happened to Jennifer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What an evil act.

It's the only explanation ... evil, pure evil. I doubt there's any hope of rehabilitating these "kids". 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's the only explanation ... evil, pure evil. I doubt there's any hope of rehabilitating these "kids".

@Right_in_Virginia

I am sure they would make perfectly acceptable plant food.

I have no sympathy for monsters that murder for fun. They should be put down whenever they are found.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:22:17 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

Five people need to die a painful death.