Author Topic: Amash exits House Freedom Caucus in wake of Trump impeachment stance  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Amash exits House Freedom Caucus in wake of Trump impeachment stance
The Hill, Jun 10, 2019

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) has opted to quit the House Freedom Caucus in the wake of his comments in support of moving forward with impeachment proceedings.

The Freedom Caucus voted to condemn the Michigan Republican's remarks last month, but the group opted not to force him out despite a divide among members.

Amash was the first — and only — Republican House member to publicly say he thought President Trump had committed impeachable offenses after the release of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian interference in the 2016 election.

More:  https://thehill.com/homenews/house/447832-amash-exits-house-freedom-caucus-in-wake-of-trump-impeachment-stance

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Amash exits House Freedom Caucus in wake of Trump impeachment stance
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 03:22:52 am »
If the Freedom Caucus has abandoned fiscal restraint, and lower taxes then they really don't stand for much.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 03:23:27 am »
This still baffles me. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 04:03:51 am »
This still baffles me.
To me it shows how shallow many of them are. Maybe with the dems now in the majority, he figures on pleasing them.

He remembers the good olde GOP dayes, when Denny Hastert, homo-pedophile led, and John Boehner, pot promoter led, and Paul Ryan quit.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dancer

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 10:50:29 am »
If the Freedom Caucus has abandoned fiscal restraint, and lower taxes then they really don't stand for much.

Amash has changed on the positions he ran on, illegal immigration and abortion to name just two.  He appears to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

His call for Trump's impeachment was the last straw.  He had also joined a group of GOPe who claim Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice via the Mueller Report.  The "Republicans for the Rule of Law" ran an ad on F&F on Monday: 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/447651-gop-group-urges-republicans-to-speak-out-on-obstruction-claims-against-trump?jwsource=cl

He also accused AG Barr of misrepresenting the findings on the Mueller Report.

As usual, follow the money.   Amash is against tariffs.
He is a co-owner of the Chinese company, Dynamic Source International, located in Hangzhou, China.  Those details are in his financial disclosure forms.  It's all about the $$$.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 02:19:49 pm »

He is a co-owner of the Chinese company, Dynamic Source International, located in Hangzhou, China.  Those details are in his financial disclosure forms.  It's all about the $$$.

@dancer

And there you have it,all tidy and wrapped up with a silk bow.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 02:29:56 pm »
@dancer

And there you have it,all tidy and wrapped up with a silk bow.

888high58888  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 02:38:57 pm »
   The House Freedom Caucus is as worthless as boobs on a boar hog. Trump/McConnell/McCarthy saw to that.  This is just another prime example of the Trump/GOP's war on any Conservative.  Screw em. 
   Caution: Trump campaign political smear job just ahead.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 02:51:02 pm »
Amash has changed on the positions he ran on, illegal immigration and abortion to name just two.  He appears to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

His call for Trump's impeachment was the last straw.  He had also joined a group of GOPe who claim Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice via the Mueller Report.  The "Republicans for the Rule of Law" ran an ad on F&F on Monday: 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/447651-gop-group-urges-republicans-to-speak-out-on-obstruction-claims-against-trump?jwsource=cl

He also accused AG Barr of misrepresenting the findings on the Mueller Report.

His joining the GOPe is the problem in a nutshell.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 03:05:05 pm »
   The House Freedom Caucus is as worthless as boobs on a boar hog. Trump/McConnell/McCarthy saw to that.  This is just another prime example of the Trump/GOP's war on any Conservative.  Screw em. 
   Caution: Trump campaign political smear job just ahead.

Ryan tried to marginalize the HFC by throwing its members off Committees.  Ryan is gone, HFC is still there so I haven't given up on them just yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 03:15:31 pm »
Ryan tried to marginalize the HFC by throwing its members off Committees.  Ryan is gone, HFC is still there so I haven't given up on them just yet.

You got it.  Any House Caucus is only as powerful as the Speaker and House leadership allow them to be.

If the GOP retake the House and name a conservative Speaker, then the HFC will be allowed to become effective.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 03:19:43 pm »

If the GOP retake the House and name a conservative Speaker, then the HFC will be allowed to become effective.

@EdJames

Seems unlikely because the GOP of today  are nothing but Dim-Lites,lusting for a return to the days of The Bush Crime Family "conservatism".

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 03:21:48 pm »
@EdJames

Seems unlikely because the GOP of today  are nothing but Dim-Lites,lusting for a return to the days of The Bush Crime Family "conservatism".

Ya, I said "If" but probably should have made it IF!!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 03:36:27 pm »
You got it.  Any House Caucus is only as powerful as the Speaker and House leadership allow them to be.

Watch:  the Stupid Party will elect McCarthey as Speaker.   9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 03:38:17 pm »
@EdJames

@sneakypete  I think the corruption of the House and Senate GOP goes back a lot further than the Bushes.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 03:57:09 pm »
   The brief history of the HFC (as I remember it) Boehner kept them off House Committee's and also did not dole out any NRCC funds to those that were running for re election (read all of them).  They were instrumental in Boehner's disappearance act (w/Ted Cruz as instigator).  This was the height of their effectiveness.  Enter Paul Ryan/Donald Trump.  Paul gave them Committee assignments and NRCC funds while Donald Trump belittled with tweets and threatened to 'primary' them, particularly over the obummercare 'lite' bill McCain scuttled. This is when all but a couple (Amash) cut off their balls and FedEx'd them to the West Wing.  They have been neutered and irrelevant ever since. Hopefully Mo Brooks will run for the Al Senate seat once held by Jeff Sessions.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 03:57:20 pm »
@sneakypete  I think the corruption of the House and Senate GOP goes back a lot further than the Bushes.

@Cyber Liberty

You bet it does,or they would have never been allowed to move south from the north and gain political power.

None the less,the Bush Crime Family now defines alleged Republican corruption and treason.

All for our own good,of course.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 04:03:02 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

You bet it does,or they would have never been allowed to move south from the north and gain political power.

None the less,the Bush Crime Family now defines alleged Republican corruption and treason.

All for our own good,of course.

@sneakypete

In that case we should not rest on laurels now that they are "gone."  This will flare up with another crime family.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2019, 04:41:27 pm »
@sneakypete

In that case we should not rest on laurels now that they are "gone."  This will flare up with another crime family.

@Cyber Liberty

Do NOT forget about Whore-Hay,"the Brown Bush",whose criminal records for stalking they managed to annul,and who is now a lawyer in Texas they are buying political appointments for. No doubt someone else in the office does all the work and Whore-Hay takes all the credit,but you have to admit the timing is PERFECT for a Brown Bush to get elected to state-wide office and begin the trek to the WH. The long-established machine with all the "right" political connections has been in place for years,and so has the money to push him to the top.

Granted,they lost their "general" when Babs died,but I am sure someone has taken her place and is working quietly in the background. Not Whore-Hay's wife,of course. She is a blonde trophy wife that won't scare away the gringos. I honestly don't have a clue who it would be,but I am positive that vacuum has been filled. George P (Whore-Hay) ain't all that bright,and his brother and sister both have criminal records they can't buy their way out of.

Baby Brudder "Ah doan no nuttin bout no bank-in" Neil Bush is retarded even by Dim standards. That episode in Taiwan where a strange,beautiful Asian woman knocked on his door late at night and announced she was lost and asked is she could come in to use his phone and blow him killed any chance he had for anything. It seems to have never occurred to that retard that she was a hooker,or that there were cameras and microphones in the room his hosts had provided for him "for free". It did get his wife free from having to babysit that retard,and with a hefty bank account to boot,though.

As near as I can determine,Whore-Hay is where they are putting all their money and effort.

We are just lucky that Whore-Hay and Chelsea didn't marry and "unite the country politically".

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 02:10:27 am »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 02:38:49 am »

Hmm.  If that gets really bad he might go third-party.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 02:52:56 am »

Crikey...that's like Biden vs. Trump polling numbers.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2019, 02:59:08 am »

You really suck at trolling. But bless your little liberal heart for playing tho.  Carry on.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2019, 03:01:57 am »

Do you mean the Amash numbers are heavily doctored by a biased press too?  And any of these polls mean something this far out?

I.  Did.  Not.  Know. That.

(I really hate polls, which is why I lie like a rug whenever they call me.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2019, 03:02:53 am »
To me it shows how shallow many of them are. Maybe with the dems now in the majority, he figures on pleasing them.

He remembers the good olde GOP dayes, when Denny Hastert, homo-pedophile led, and John Boehner, pot promoter led, and Paul Ryan quit.
Amash, may I remind you probably the most conservative Congressman since Ron Paul, was elected four years after Hastert left Congress.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024