Author Topic: Trump says he would listen if foreigners offered dirt on political opponent  (Read 899 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he would listen if foreigners offered dirt on political opponent
By Brett Samuels - 06/12/19 06:49 PM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday wouldn't commit to calling the FBI if a foreign power offered damaging information on a political opponent.

The comments, in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, came after special counsel Robert Mueller's report, released earlier this year, detailed numerous efforts by Russia to interfere in the 2016 election.

"I think maybe you do both," Trump said when asked whether he would call the FBI or listen if Russia, China or another foreign government reached out.

"I think you might want to listen. There’s nothing wrong with listening," he continued. "It’s not an interference. They have information. I think I’d take it. If I thought there was something wrong, I’d go maybe to the FBI."

Stephanopoulos noted that FBI Director Christopher Wray has said campaigns should reach out to the bureau if they are contacted by a foreign entity.

"The FBI director is wrong," Trump said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/448274-trump-says-he-would-listen-if-foreigners-offered-dirt-on-political
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

I love that he doesn't care what the legacy media thinks and keeps his options open!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline rustynail

There's the offense.  They trapped him for sure.

Offline libertybele

888high58888    :2popcorn:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There's the offense.  They trapped him for sure.

Once again,  you have been trolled. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

No kidding? 
Can some one ask Trump other stuff we already know, like would he mock the disabled, call a race of people murders and drug dealers, or grab women by the crotch?

An avaricious man might be tempted to betray the interests of the state to the acquisition of wealth. An ambitious man might make his own aggrandizement, by the aid of a foreign power, the price of his treachery to his constituents. - Federalist Paper No. 75
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 03:50:08 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No kidding? 
Can some one ask Trump other stuff we already know, like would he mock the disabled, call a race of people murders and drug dealers, or grab women by the crotch?

Our house troll is awake and posting.  Blessed is the once....

Offline rustynail

Republican candidates need to have a FBI minder to monitor all communications.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This whole issue is moot. Facts cannot be owned. (Copyright law is clear on that. You can own creative works, but not facts.) Therefore, if no one owns facts, it makes no difference who disseminates them, so long as they are facts.

It seems the Democrats have long been more upset about their trade secrets getting leaked than those trade secrets themselves.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Does the man think before he speaks?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This whole issue is moot. Facts cannot be owned. (Copyright law is clear on that. You can own creative works, but not facts.) Therefore, if no one owns facts, it makes no difference who disseminates them, so long as they are facts.

It seems the Democrats have long been more upset about their trade secrets getting leaked than those trade secrets themselves.

It's not moot if it fuels the Dem narrative about Trump's cozying up to foreign powers.   Sometimes I think he just wants to let it all hang out and doesn't care whether or not he serves a second term.    Unfortunately,  Trump's coattails will drag down the GOP Senate with him.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Hoodat

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Spot on.  Adam Schiff has already proved that he'll fly almost half way across the globe (at taxpayer expense) to listen.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

I love that he doesn't care what the legacy media thinks and keeps his options open!

So it's ok, even if doing so might be, if not illegal, at least unethical?

And what if the information he might receive is a lie? 

Not that the truth matters to Trump.  After all, he and his followers spread false stories about Ted Cruz during the primaries.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“Let me tell you, it’s just the opposite,” Hannity declared. “I think the president is literally, this is, you know I do martial arts. This is a jiu-jitsu move.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hannity-trump-foreign-intel-admission-150330207.html

FFS....... *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

“Let me tell you, it’s just the opposite,” Hannity declared. “I think the president is literally, this is, you know I do martial arts. This is a jiu-jitsu move.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hannity-trump-foreign-intel-admission-150330207.html

FFS....... *****rollingeyes*****

We all know Hannity is an "A" number one Trump leg humper and no one pays him any mind/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
We all know Hannity is an "A" number one Trump leg humper and no one pays him any mind/

Well, I learned something new about him. I had no idea he did martial arts.    :whistle:

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dancer

Does the man think before he speaks?

Yes and it was beautiful!  Perfect set up to expose Hillary & DNC paying for the Steele Dossier.   :rolling: