Author Topic: Supreme Court to meet behind closed doors on Thursday to discuss DACA  (Read 501 times)

rangerrebew

Supreme Court to meet behind closed doors on Thursday to discuss DACA

Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter
    Updated 45 min ago | Posted on Jun 10, 2019

The Supreme Court signaled on Monday that it would meet behind closed doors Thursday to discuss whether to take up a case for next term concerning the phase out of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, an Obama-era program that protects young undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children from deportation.
Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty Images

The Supreme Court signaled on Monday that it would meet behind closed doors Thursday to discuss whether to take up a case for next term concerning the phase out of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, an Obama-era program that protects young undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children from deportation.

https://www.kctv5.com/news/supreme-c...ddb06e999.html

Offline jpsb

Supreme Court to meet behind closed doors on Thursday to discuss DACA

Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter
    Updated 45 min ago | Posted on Jun 10, 2019

Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty Images

https://www.kctv5.com/news/supreme-c...ddb06e999.html

This will be a good test of whether or not we are still a nation of laws. I'm hoping they take the case and kill
the unconstitutional DACA

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Swell.  I'm super glad we have Roberts and Gorsuch to watch out for the Nation's interests.   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

This will be a good test of whether or not we are still a nation of laws. I'm hoping they take the case and kill
the unconstitutional DACA

Your comment is spot on!

obama creates this program through executive action and the next POTUS can't end it? If the courts had stayed out of this when Trump took office he would have ended the program and forced the Rats to negotiate a comprehensive immigration reform. The courts inserted themselves and now 2 years later nothing has been done.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Your comment is spot on!

obama creates this program through executive action and the next POTUS can't end it?

I had a lawyer explain it to me, why what Obastard giveth Trump can't taketh away.  I told him that's why us rubes can't stand lawyers. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Bill Cipher

I had a lawyer explain it to me, why what Obastard giveth Trump can't taketh away.  I told him that's why us rubes can't stand lawyers. 

What was that explanation?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What was that explanation?

A rule about administrative procedures, the gist of which is it affects people already in the program, IIRC.  It was a longer and better explanation than I just gave.

ETA:  An apology to the lawyers in the room for the "rube" comment.  Present company is excepted.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 05:40:48 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.