Author Topic: The divisions among Americans are reaching a tipping point  (Read 243 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The divisions among Americans are reaching a tipping point
« on: June 09, 2019, 02:02:39 pm »
June 9, 2019
The divisions among Americans are reaching a tipping point

By Robert Arvay

The first step toward solving social ills is to understand people.  Our founders well understood that people are not inherently good, but they are redeemable.  That is the true condition of human nature.  The sooner that is recognized, the better society will become.

Those who are most likely to read this commentary tend to be interested in academic subjects, social theories, and the arts and sciences.  They gravitate toward each other and usually avoid people outside their social and economic class.

Most people, however, are not the least interested in these subjects.  Most people tend to be restricted to their own social circles, rarely interacting with people far outside their sphere.  The wealthy associate mostly with their peers, the poor with the poor, and people in the middle with their neighbors.

Most people are only peripherally interested in the larger society, and only on certain occasions.  Otherwise, the things they care about are less intellectual.  They involve themselves in everyday tasks, in making money, in seeking pleasure.  Most people, in all classes, show some degree of dishonesty, and among the poor, they tend to be more physically violent, and more abruptly so, than people of comfortable means.  Exceptions abound, but they are, after all, exceptions...

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/the_divisions_among_americans_are_reaching_a_tipping_point.html#ixzz5qMMOJiNQ
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/the_divisions_among_americans_are_reaching_a_tipping_point.html#ixzz5qMLq65L4
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The divisions among Americans are reaching a tipping point
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 02:03:23 pm »
Mr. Arvay could not be any more right IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien