Author Topic: Employers must be prosecuted to end the flow of illegal immigrants By Jonathan Turley  (Read 377 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Employers must be prosecuted to end the flow of illegal immigrants
By Jonathan Turley, opinion contributor — 06/08/19 10:00 AM EDT

President Trump has long defined his immigration policies as simply a matter of toughness. Indeed, making the border crossing tougher has been the overriding thrust of his deterrence effort. He has complained to border agents that he would love to see them get “a little rough” but that “when you do all of these things that we have to do, they end up arresting Border Patrol people.” He even threatened a 25 percent tariff on Mexico for failing to prevent people from crossing the border.

Yet, no hardship has deterred millions on this dangerous journey because of what waits on the other side of the border, which is jobs. To remove that attraction, the government would have to get tough not on migrants but on those who hire them. That is a tad too tough, it seems, for most immigration hawks. According to a recent study, the Justice Department prosecuted only 11 employers in the entire nation last year. That is right, with the Pew Research Center estimating that about 11 million undocumented persons are living and working in the United States, the Justice Department is prosecuting at a rate of one employer for every one million undocumented persons.

Immigration, it seems, is an offense committed solely by undocumented persons. While the president has charged that undocumented workers take away jobs from citizens, neither party is eager to deal with those who give away those jobs, despite the undocumented making up an estimated 5 percent of the workforce. In California, Nevada, and Texas, they make up almost 10 percent of the workforce.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/447561-employers-must-be-prosecuted-to-end-the-flow-of-illegal-immigrants
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The laws are on the books for a reason.

Need to turn your sights that way to ensure compliance with the law Mr. Barr.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
"...neither party is eager to deal with those who give away those jobs..."

That's right, because there is too much illegal money to be made....

Our national sovereignty and the well being of the citizens of this nation mean absolutely NOTHING to these filthy traitors.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:07:46 pm by EdJames »

Offline Absalom

Turley's comment reminds of Adam Smith's wise assertion (paraphrased) that
"The self-interest of capitalists rarely, if ever, aligns w/that of common people."
Our crony capitalists will do anything to protect their bank accounts even if 
their action threatens our security as a nation !!!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe I'm just being silly, but to me this has been blindingly obvious since I first moved to Texas in the '70s.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is so obvious it shouldn't need to be said.  But it does.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is so obvious it shouldn't need to be said.  But it does.

Texas shook all the liberalism out of me before I headed West as a Young Man.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: