Author Topic: Ilhan Omar Filed Joint Tax Returns with Man She Wasn’t Married to, Media Ignores Bombshell  (Read 620 times)

rangerrebew

Ilhan Omar Filed Joint Tax Returns with Man She Wasn’t Married to, Media Ignores Bombshell
June 7, 2019 Zachery Schmidt

An investigation by Minnesota’s Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board into Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN-05) found she violated campaign finance laws dating back to when she served a single term in the State House of Representatives from 2016-2018.

But conservative Twitter quickly uncovered a more shocking detail in the report: she filed joint tax returns with a man she wasn’t married to. The report states that Omar filed joint tax returns in 2014 and 2015 with Ahmed Hirsi, even though she was married to Ahmed Nur Said Elmi from 2009-2017.

“One payment of $750 was made to De Leon & Nestor, LLC for obtaining immigration records and one payment of $1,500 was made to Frederick $ Rosen, Ltd. for services related to Mr. Hirsi’s and Rep. Omar’s filed joint tax returns of 2014 and 2015,” Thursday’s report states.

http://tennesseestar.com/2019/06/07/an-minnesota-investigation-finds-rep-ilhan-omar-violated-the-states-campaign-finance-laws/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I bet the IRS won't ignore it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I bet the IRS won't ignore it.

That depends on how many Lois Lerners are still part of the IRS.  Lerner proved the IRS is perfectly capable of ignoring malfeasance by Rats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I think there is a Federal Prison outfit with her name on it. But it won't happen because Government only makes laws it doesn't comply with them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think there is a Federal Prison outfit with her name on it. But it won't happen because Government only makes laws it doesn't comply with them.

Correct.  Nobody is going to harm a "darling of the media."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Correct.  Nobody is going to harm a "darling of the media."

Sounds like a good defense for any one of us should we be charged with tax fraud though. Let’s have the facts.

Offline Rivergirl

Muslim men often have many wives.   Shall we check to see if he is 'married' to a few others.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds like a good defense for any one of us should we be charged with tax fraud though. Let’s have the facts.

Facts  are our friends.  Unfortunately we are not likely to get them in this case.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It seems highly unlikely to me that 2014 and 2015 are the only years in which Omar and Hirsi filed joint tax returns. So far as we can tell, they just happen to be the years caught up in the campaign finance investigation. See pages 5-6 of the campaign board findings below.

Although she didn’t marry Hirsi until last year, Omar has held Hirsi out as her husband at all times since she became a public figure. Over what period of time did Omar and Hirsi file joint tax returns? My guess is that it runs back to 2002. We know she filed joint tax returns with Hirsi while she was still married to Elmi. In addition to the IRS issues, the questions intersect with those arising from Omar’s marriage to Elmi.

In any event, Omar has woven a tangled web. It is the kind of web we weave when we practice to deceive.
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/06/when-the-cat-has-omars-tongue.php
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 09:23:30 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Rivergirl

IOW.………...who's on first.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
OMAR’S MARRIAGES AND TAXES
2002: Omar applies for license to marry Ahmed Abdisalan Hirsi, then named Ahmed Abdisalan Aden, according to Hennepin County records. Records show a marriage certificate wasn’t issued, and Omar has said they didn’t pursue a civil marriage but instead married in their Muslim “faith tradition,” according to the AP.

2008: Omar and Hirsi end their relationship, according to Omar. They had two children by this time.

2009: Omar marries Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, according to a Hennepin County marriage certificate. Elmi, a British citizen, is the person some conservative media have alleged to be Omar’s brother as part of an immigration scheme. Omar has strongly denied this. Last year, the AP extensively looked into this allegation.

2011: Omar and Elmi end their relationship and divorce in their faith tradition, according to Omar, but they take no legal action to end the marriage until 2017.

2012: Omar and Hirsi reunite and have a third child, according to Hennepin County records.

2014: Omar and Hirsi file joint tax returns, according to the Campaign Finance Board.

2015: Omar and Hirsi again file joint tax returns, according to Campaign Finance Board report.
During both these years, Omar remains legally married to Elmi and not legally married to Hirsi, although she and Hirsi are together. It’s not known whether they filed jointly for any other years. State and federal laws appear to say that Omar and Hirsi should not have been allowed to file jointly during these years. The Campaign Finance Board does not possess the actual tax filings, and the Pioneer Press was unable to review them.

2016: Attorney Carla Kjellberg is hired by Omar’s campaign as part of a “crisis committee” to address issues related to her marital and immigration status and history. Kjellberg hires accounting firm Frederick & Rosen to review Omar’s financial records. Frederick & Rosen review Omar’s 2014 and 2015 tax filings and report that something in Omar’s tax filings needs to be corrected, according to the Campaign Finance Board. In a recent interview with campaign finance officials, Kjellberg describes it as “correcting something that could have been detrimental to Ms. Omar.”
In November, Omar is elected to the Minnesota House — the first time she has held elected office.

2017: Omar files for divorce from Elmi. Kjellberg serves as her divorce attorney. Kjellberg was not paid for the divorce work by Omar’s campaign.

2018: Omar’s marriage to Elmi legally ends in divorce early in the year. A month later, she legally marries Hirsi. In November, Omar is elected to Congress.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I can't wait to see President Trump's taxes as a template of how a real patriot files a return.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This looks like it has real legs.  Not rumors about marrying her brother...but either she's married and entitled to pay that lower rate, or she ain't.

Online Wingnut

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I can't wait to see President Trump's taxes as a template of how a real patriot files a return.

Still counting chickens, eh?  How many eggs are there now?
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This looks like it has real legs.  Not rumors about marrying her brother...but either she's married and entitled to pay that lower rate, or she ain't.

And an army of Lois Lerners to suss it out.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Rivergirl

Thanks for the first laugh out loud of my day.