Author Topic: Trump suspends plan to impose tariffs on Mexico, says Mexico ‘has agreed to take strong measures’ on  (Read 7018 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Wasn't it already the plan for migrants to stay in Mexico while they wait on their asylum claim?  Didn't Mexico already say it would stop them at Mexico's Southern Border?
I'm informed by articles posted here that the cartels run Mexico.  Do the cartels know about this deal and why are they afraid of tariffs when their illegal merchandise is typically not taxed? 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I'm informed by articles posted here that the cartels run Mexico.  Do the cartels know about this deal and why are they afraid of tariffs when their illegal merchandise is typically not taxed?

Didn't work before and for that reason I doubt it will work now.  Military is needed.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Didn't work before and for that reason I doubt it will work now.  Military is needed.
You sound cynical.  I prefer to praise the President for creating and solving a crisis to keep my mind off the creepy stuff I read in the Mueller Report.

Now that the border is fixed, I can get back to impeachment news. :police:

Offline Chosen Daughter

You sound cynical.  I prefer to praise the President for creating and solving a crisis to keep my mind off the creepy stuff I read in the Mueller Report.

Now that the border is fixed, I can get back to impeachment news. :police:

I am sure I do.  Carry on then.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

This is almost as impressive as when Trump tweeted about how he denuclearized NK.  The best denuclearization in many many years.

Offline Chosen Daughter

This is almost as impressive as when Trump tweeted about how he denuclearized NK.  The best denuclearization in many many years.

You sound so sarcastic.

Offline libertybele

Imagine what our President could accomplish if he had some support in Washington.   :smokin:

Bullcrap.  He hasn't accomplished anything by this.  This is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.  All this is doing is returning some, and I use the word some lightly, back to Mexico for asylum!!!  When granted asylum the U.N. (as Trump previously agreed to) will determine where to place them, including the U.S.  Once granted asylum here, they will be able to apply for CITIZENSHIP!!!  Citizenship, meaning they will have the RIGHT to vote!!! 

What part of Citizenship and asylum don't you get???????

US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

......The deal, announced by President Trump via tweet on Friday night, is said to include plans to return migrants seeking asylum to Mexico, where they will remain until their claims can be processed...............

..............Mexico, in turn, has agreed to take strong measures to....stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border. This is being done to greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States. Details of the agreement will be released shortly by the State Department. Thank you!"

Ya right.  What a crock!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 11:46:04 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Trump is so full of himself it's ridiculous.  He once again is paying lip service to his supporters and they are buying into his rhetoric.  Meanwhile we have hundreds of thousands who our pouring over our borders and no one truly knows how many have gotten past border patrol or how many border patrol has been forced to let through. 

WE NEED OUR MILITARY AT THE BORDER!!!!    :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

The liberals have lost their freakin' minds!  Perhaps if CNN would do their darn jobs and actually start filming and reporting on what's going on at the border, we might make some headway.  Then again, CNN's ratings are tanking, so they may not make that much of an impact anyways.

CNN panel knocks Trump's Mexico deal, suggest it's a distraction from weak US job numbers

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-panel-knocks-trumps-deal-with-mexico-suggest-its-to-distract-from-low-jobs-numbers

Offline Chosen Daughter

Bullcrap.  He hasn't accomplished anything by this.  This is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.  All this is doing is returning some, and I use the word some lightly, back to Mexico for asylum!!!  When granted asylum the U.N. (as Trump previously agreed to) will determine where to place them, including the U.S.  Once granted asylum here, they will be able to apply for CITIZENSHIP!!!  Citizenship, meaning they will have the RIGHT to vote!!! 

What part of Citizenship and asylum don't you get???????

US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

......The deal, announced by President Trump via tweet on Friday night, is said to include plans to return migrants seeking asylum to Mexico, where they will remain until their claims can be processed...............

..............Mexico, in turn, has agreed to take strong measures to....stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border. This is being done to greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States. Details of the agreement will be released shortly by the State Department. Thank you!"

Ya right.  What a crock!

Truth, truth, truth!  I see what's happening.  FOX News is busy building this up as the "deal" of the century.  Its the same ineffective deal that they have had the entire time.  They said they would do this all along.  But we saw what happened at Mexico's Southern border.  They had a chain link like you find in a parking lot.  Easily their border security was overpowered and they came right in.  Meanwhile rafts of people floating in also.  And it has been a long established plan for Asylum seekers to stay in Mexico.  Remember all the coverage of people waiting while they complained that they weren't processing enough people.  And the camps only had a couple porta potties that had flooding outside of them?  This is rehash old deal which found more and more migrants coming until Tijuana citizens were complaining.  And they were stealing the razor wire.  They kept coming.  The migrants would organize mass crossing where they storm our border...…….etc.

FOX News and news sources are pushing the President as some kind of hero because elections are coming up.  Even though this is a nothing burger.  What would be a something is a joint operation at Mexico's southern border with armed military and real border wall.    Patrols in the rivers not giving them a hand into the boat and bringing them into America.  Border Patrol boats at both borders returning migrants to the other side with permission from all governments.

A deal with the Mexican government to crack down on the Cartel that run the trafficking and drug businesses.  Because Obrador already declared it was over and he would no longer go after them.  Until Mexico gets serious about stopping Cartel the business continues unabated.  If they want to stop this it is going to take joint military strikes at Cartel targets.  Drone strikes sound good.  It would be good for Mexico as well as America.  They need to take their country back from the crime business.

We are always busy sending our troops abroad and our country is turning into a Cartel shithole the same as Mexico is.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:32:13 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

How can this be the deal of the century if the business is still there?

Cartels make $500 million a year from smuggling illegal immigrants across U.S. border
Kirstjen Nielsen: Lax laws, booming economy not Central American violence to blame for migrant surge

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Smuggling cartels are making at least $500 million a year bringing migrants into the U.S., Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen told Congress on Tuesday, outlining the scope of the problem for lawmakers as illegal border crossings continue to surge.

Ms. Nielsen took a firm stand on the causes of the surge, saying economies in El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala are growing and homicide rates are falling, suggesting the push factors back home should be easing. Instead, she said, the booming U.S. economy and lax American laws are enticing the flow northward.

That contradicts the narrative offered by immigrant rights activists, who have said violence in Central America has spawned the wave of illegal immigrants over the past few months, erasing gains made during President Trump’s early weeks in office and sending the rates of illegal immigration back up to the levels seen under President Obama.

“We do face a crisis,” the secretary told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee in a hearing called to review her department’s budget and policies.
The $500 million figure paid by illegal immigrants to smuggling cartels appeared to be the first time a federal official has put a dollar amount on that particular activity.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/15/kirstjen-nielsen-cartels-make-500-million-year-smu/

It really isn't any wonder why she was fired.

The only reason that this is being sugar coated is becuase the reality of a Democratic win is worse than ineffective deals that won't stop illegal immigration. And because all politicians of both parties have no desire to stop it.  They are bennifiting.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:46:28 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

New deal same as the old deal...…………….

Mexico fights illegal immigration on its own southern border
Under pressure from the United States, Mexico has tried to cut down the flow of Central American immigrants passing through on their way to the southern U.S. border.
by Jay Root Oct. 24, 2016 12 AM

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/10/24/mexicos-porous-southern-border/

Good reading.  I guess Obama made the deal of the century too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3385694/Mexico-moves-lock-border-wall-government-tries-stem-flow-migrants-heading-north-tightening-porous-southern-border.html

Published: 
Wed, Oct 6th 2010 @ 1:50 pm EDT
Mexico, which often criticizes the American government for putting up barriers which restrict the flow of illegal immigrants across the U.S. - Mexico border is building a fence of its own along its southern border with Guatemala.
It has been reported that the head of the Mexican Superintendency of Tax Administration, Raul Diaz, confirmed that the Mexican government is building a wall along the Mexican - Guatemalan border.  Diaz stated the official reason for building the border wall is to stop illegal drugs from coming into Mexico, but Diaz did admit that it could also prevent the free passage of illegal immigrants.

The hypocrisy of Mexico's actions has not been lost on American politicians.  Last week, Rep. Ted Poe (R-TX) said on the house floor:
Mr. POE of Texas. Mr. Speaker, in spite of objections to the contrary, a fence is still being built along the southern border. Illegals objected to this but the President is resilient. He is standing firm on his commitment to build the fence to keep illegals out.

You see, over 500,000 illegals cross the border every year into Mexico, and the fence is being built at the southern end of Mexico to keep people like Guatemalans out. It's the Mexican southern border that they're protecting.

You know, Calderon demands that the United States not build a fence. He arrogantly demands the Arizona law not be enforced, but when Mexico has problems with illegals coming to "take jobs that Mexicans won't do," Calderon says he's building a fence on his southern border, whether illegals like it or not.

Every country has the right to defend its border. We should stop listening to anything President Calderon says and do what's right for our country.
Anti-illegal immigration, pro-American worker leaders also had something to say regarding the Mexico-Guatemala Fence: "While the hypocrisy of the Mexican government is offensive," said NumbersUSA President Roy Beck, "Americans can cheer the Mexican fence which should greatly reduce the number of non-Mexicans illegally crossing the U.S. southern border."

Click here to read more about this development.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/october-6-2010/mexico-build-southern-border-fence.html

I am sure they will have good excuses for Trump and the new deal when it fails too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

America’s Heroin Epidemic Fueled By Flood Of Illegal Immigrants
11:44 PM 09/14/2015 | US
Ethan Barton | Managing Editor

Violent drug cartels help “every single illegal alien” cross the border between the U.S. and Mexico for a fee, and often the price is carrying a backpack full of heroin, according to a Border Patrol union president.

“Every single illegal alien that comes into the country goes through the hands of a drug cartel,” even if the immigrant doesn’t want the help, said Hector Garza. He is president of the Laredo, Texas, chapter of the National Border Patrol Council.

Garza was briefly in the national spotlight earlier this year when Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump held a campaign event near the U.S. border with Mexico to highlight his demand for an end to illegal immigration. Garza’s chapter pulled out of hosting Donald Trump in Laredo just hours before the Republican presidential front-runner’s visit.

Most heroin is smuggled into the U.S. by illegal immigrants crossing the border with help from Mexican drug cartels, according to Department of Homeland Security officials. The cartels are also responsible for most of the violence in the border region.

“When we talk about securing the border, it’s not just about stopping illegal immigration,” Garza said. “It’s also about stopping dangerous drugs from entering our communities and our schools and getting into the hands of kids and affecting family members.”

“Most of the drugs coming into the country are not coming into the ports of entry,” he said. “Coming across the border is the easiest way. You cannot imagine how easy it is to cross the border. You would be shocked at how open our borders are down here.”

https://dailycaller.com/2015/09/14/americas-heroin-epidemic-fueled-by-flood-of-illegal-immigrants/

****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep****

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Mexicos-AMLO-The-War-On-Drugs-Is-Over-20190130-0037.html

Biker gangs and drug Cartel

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2015/05/20/fbi-report-bandidos-biker-gang-allied-with-los-zetas-cartel/

Trumps ineffective deals with a President of Mexico who refuses to stop Cartel should make them happy.  What part of the deal with Mexico addressed the entire reason that this is happening,.....drugs?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 06:19:29 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
@Chosen Daughter

Your frustrations are understandable....  I share many of them....

But, I feel that you need to temper your expectations.....  because....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

(Caution: some strong language contained therein.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 06:30:54 pm by EdJames »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@dJames

Carlin was a big Lefty. Funny, provocative, insightful, one of the all time great comics.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

(Caution: some strong language contained therein.)

Well I don't know what he is saying because I don't listen to Carlin.  I don't think I should temper my expectations at all.   My frustration is far more truthful then the worship on FOX News for that nothing burger deal.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 06:58:52 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Absalom

Imagine what our President could accomplish if he had some support in Washington.   :smokin:
----------------------------
A reflection.
To his credit, assert that Trump laid down all the markers for his Mexico negotiators.
Also assert that if Trump understood the importance of character in subordinates
he would have chosen far more wisely earlier and his agenda would be much further
advanced by now.
Let see how he does w/China and Iran over the next 2 years.

Offline libertybele

----------------------------
A reflection.
To his credit, assert that Trump laid down all the markers for his Mexico negotiators.
Also assert that if Trump understood the importance of character in subordinates
he would have chosen far more wisely earlier and his agenda would be much further
advanced by now.
Let see how he does w/China and Iran over the next 2 years.

Well, you certainly are much more positive than I.  Trump's b.s. about negotiations with Mexico are meaningless.  All that they have agreed to is keeping the ILLEGALS in Mexico into which time they are granted asylum; yes, that means into the U.S.  After they are granted asylum they ARE eligible to apply for citizenship within 5 years.  Meaning that the hundreds of thousands here will become citizens; no end of the line, no need to come here legally.  All they had to do is show up at our door in masses and voila --- they now are citizens of the U.S. and eligible for ALL the perks and benefits ... all compliments of the taxpayer.

IF our POTUS doesn't get things under control at our southern border, we won't have to worry about China nor Iran.  We will have lost our Republic and we will be in a free -for-all.  Every man for himself ... at best.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Well, you certainly are much more positive than I.  Trump's b.s. about negotiations with Mexico are meaningless.  All that they have agreed to is keeping the ILLEGALS in Mexico into which time they are granted asylum; yes, that means into the U.S.  After they are granted asylum they ARE eligible to apply for citizenship within 5 years.  Meaning that the hundreds of thousands here will become citizens; no end of the line, no need to come here legally.  All they had to do is show up at our door in masses and voila --- they now are citizens of the U.S. and eligible for ALL the perks and benefits ... all compliments of the taxpayer.

IF our POTUS doesn't get things under control at our southern border, we won't have to worry about China nor Iran.  We will have lost our Republic and we will be in a free -for-all.  Every man for himself ... at best.

And here is what the Mexican President has to say about the deal...……..

Earlier Friday in Mexico City, President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador reiterated his own optimistic position.
'There is dialogue and an agreement can be reached,' Lopez Obrador said. 'I'm optimistic we can achieve that.' He added it was a mistake, though, for the U.S. to link migration with trade, reiterating migration must be addressed by solving social and economic problems in Central America. 'The causes of the migratory chaos aren't being analyzed, only the effects,' he said.

https://www.mexiconews.net/news/261343165/us-mexico-reach-deal-on-migration-averting-tariffs

This from the President that Trump is praising on his twitter.  The Mexican President that has declared the war with Cartel over.  Even though Cartel are involved with every single illegal immigrant crossing the border.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump: Mexico Will Send 6,000 Troops To Its Southern Border
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/06/08/trump-mexico-will-send-6000-troops-to-its-southern-border-n2547792

If this is so and I've seen it in a few places, then, it will indeed keep Central Americans/others in CA. This part seems like it would work.

Big letters and red for those who apparently do not know!  :seeya:

Earlier this week, Mexico voluntarily agreed to send six thousand troops to its southern border, but the Trump administration insisted that was not enough and required more commitments from the country as seen in the Friday night deal to avoid the looming tariffs.

A significant part of the problem alone are the caravans marching unimpeded through Mexico. From what I've read, actual illegal immigration from Mexicans has gone way down.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 08:08:43 pm by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Chosen Daughter

Well, you get it.
You see it in smaller towns where there is an 'inside' group and an 'outside' group, and if you are not on the inside, your competitors (who are) will get the permits, not have to go by every niggling ordinance, but you won't and you will. The playing field isn't level.
Worse yet, people are given the illusion of choice between Brand A and Brand X, when in reality (and this should be obvious to anyone who has been paying attention, especially for decades), they're the same product, just with different packaging.
One says they will bend you over the sink, the other says they won't (but do anyway).

Effectively, the only difference is who cheers for the next step toward totalitarianism (because "our guy" did it), and the whole social media construct gives the illusion that we are actually doing something.

Meh. It has been the same sucker game for decades, and this is just another round of those who think it will be any different lapping it up, blathering about "Rights" which only work for them if they take away someone else's Rights--which is wrong.

Either Rights are Rights for everyone, or they aren't anything but another tilt in the playing field, and not a Right at all.

You can't compensate for past wrongs by creating another group of people who have been screwed, but the controversy sure grants an opportunity to make it look like you are doing something, and keeps the penny stinkers at each others' throats long enough to keep your slimy ass in power. Whatta racket, whatta deal!

THESE PEOPLE PARTY TOGETHER, DESPITE THE KABUKE FOR THE CAMERAS.
Duh!
Like the small scale drama in every courtroom where the prosecutor and defense attorneys seem to be at each other's throats and then go eat at the same table in the courthouse cafe for lunch.

Lay out the simple metric of what would have happened to you if you had been caught pulling the sh*t that Hillary, Obama, Bill Clinton, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Mueller, Rosenstein, Comey, the whole inbred frigging cast of characters in the 'Russia' probe and a multitude of unprosecuted unindicted co-conspirators have pulled. It has been going on for decades, survive until the changing of the guard and you're home free! Faithful minions will be rewarded! The unfaithful will have 'accidents', be discredited and shunned (whether they did anything to deserve that or not), or be discrediteed as "conspiracy kooks" when they try to blow the whistle. 

Where would you be?

In a Federal cell with some SOB who just might shorten your lifespan, that's where, for just one count of things they have admittedly done over 30,000 times--if not found shot in the back with all your valuables as a victim of a 'botched robbery', or in some obscure park with a couple of 'suicide notes' found well after the fact, in different locations. Your plane might have troubles, your car catch fire in your garage as you are pulling in, all sorts of misfortune might befall you. You can run, but that whole national security apparatus will find you if they want to.

Where are they, the insiders, the members of the 'club'? Still in the same jobs, still in the limelight, still raking it in, with the newsreaders making all sorts of lame-assed excuses for why they haven't been prosecuted, when you know damned well you'd be in irons.

If you had pulled the Jussie Smolette thing without having Kamala Harris as your Auntie, where would you be?
In custody, and if you weren't black to begin with, a pissed off CPD would likely have added that and blue to your complexion.
Yet he walks.

The last veil came off last presidential primary for me. We didn't have one. No chance to vote on who the candidate would be. That's right, the GOP muckety-mucks in this state decided what bone we'd be tossed to vote for against Hillary. Eff'em. I voted third (Constitution) Party. I like the Platform better, and despite the lack of polish the well groomed figureheads for the other parties had, found more sincerity there. I am no longer a Republican, the scales have dropped from my eyes.

Every day these people stall, stay out of jail, hold off on prosecutions is worth billions of dollars.  The Chinese make the designer drugs, ship them to Mexico. The Fentanyl goes in, is mixed with the opium from Afghanistan, the coke comes from points South, the meth is made right there, with precursors form China or elsewhere, (ever wonder why we have a heroin problem every frigging time we are engaged militarily in a region that, well, is known for opium?  I thought we'd learned our lesson in SE Asia 50 years ago with the drug mess here at home, but it's baack! ). Carted/walked/driven/shipped/ drone dropped/flown in in bulk, brought in under diplomatic seal, and distributed throughout the United States by imported Cartel members and Gangs from elsewhere, to the outstanding profit of someone out there, not to mention the slave trade (sex slaves are guaranteed one thing the slaves of the 1800's were not, they are going to be used, and not to pick cotton, and in the end their lives are cheap for the really demented--live show at 5, DVDs or files for sale, and extra to play). Huge frigging money, at least a billion dollars a day changes hands.

All the while we are told 'negotiations are in progress', we're going to stop this, control that, WELL, WHERE ARE THE RESULTS? what stopped? Those impressive piles of drugs and money? Meh. Less than a days business.

Our sons and daughters, nieces and nephews are on the front lines of this fight, often with their hands tied by ROE which cannot work, by lack of support from the people who crow about putting them there (for political gain), and yet, who earnestly try to stem the flow of illegal trade in people, drugs, and whatever else across our borders, while others (treasonously) orchestrate the very forces which overwhelm the limited resources which our defenders have been given.
The Caravans are no accident, but they are the smokescreen for much more.

They are all in the same club, folks, Carlin is right. Put on your big girl panties and listen up. It's the scam of the century, has been since Jekyll Island, and odds are full on you are not in the club.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

If this is so and I've seen it in a few places, then, it will indeed keep Central Americans/others in CA. This part seems like it would work.

Big letters and red for those who apparently do not know!  :seeya:

I know.  I also read by September.  But we sent troops to our own border and they weren't stopping anything.  It was humanitarian.  Are they going to stop them or allow them to come in and get jobs while they wait for asylum in the United States?  Isn't that the deal?  Mexico offers temporary work, education.....etc. while the wait in Mexico?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 08:13:57 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

Well, you get it.
You see it in smaller towns where there is an 'inside' group and an 'outside' group, and if you are not on the inside, your competitors (who are) will get the permits, not have to go by every niggling ordinance, but you won't and you will. The playing field isn't level.
Worse yet, people are given the illusion of choice between Brand A and Brand X, when in reality (and this should be obvious to anyone who has been paying attention, especially for decades), they're the same product, just with different packaging.
One says they will bend you over the sink, the other says they won't (but do anyway).

Effectively, the only difference is who cheers for the next step toward totalitarianism (because "our guy" did it), and the whole social media construct gives the illusion that we are actually doing something.

Meh. It has been the same sucker game for decades, and this is just another round of those who think it will be any different lapping it up, blathering about "Rights" which only work for them if they take away someone else's Rights--which is wrong.

Either Rights are Rights for everyone, or they aren't anything but another tilt in the playing field, and not a Right at all.

You can't compensate for past wrongs by creating another group of people who have been screwed, but the controversy sure grants an opportunity to make it look like you are doing something, and keeps the penny stinkers at each others' throats long enough to keep your slimy ass in power. Whatta racket, whatta deal!

THESE PEOPLE PARTY TOGETHER, DESPITE THE KABUKE FOR THE CAMERAS.
Duh!
Like the small scale drama in every courtroom where the prosecutor and defense attorneys seem to be at each other's throats and then go eat at the same table in the courthouse cafe for lunch.

Lay out the simple metric of what would have happened to you if you had been caught pulling the sh*t that Hillary, Obama, Bill Clinton, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Mueller, Rosenstein, Comey, the whole inbred frigging cast of characters in the 'Russia' probe and a multitude of unprosecuted unindicted co-conspirators have pulled. It has been going on for decades, survive until the changing of the guard and you're home free! Faithful minions will be rewarded! The unfaithful will have 'accidents', be discredited and shunned (whether they did anything to deserve that or not), or be discrediteed as "conspiracy kooks" when they try to blow the whistle. 

Where would you be?

In a Federal cell with some SOB who just might shorten your lifespan, that's where, for just one count of things they have admittedly done over 30,000 times--if not found shot in the back with all your valuables as a victim of a 'botched robbery', or in some obscure park with a couple of 'suicide notes' found well after the fact, in different locations. Your plane might have troubles, your car catch fire in your garage as you are pulling in, all sorts of misfortune might befall you. You can run, but that whole national security apparatus will find you if they want to.

Where are they, the insiders, the members of the 'club'? Still in the same jobs, still in the limelight, still raking it in, with the newsreaders making all sorts of lame-assed excuses for why they haven't been prosecuted, when you know damned well you'd be in irons.

If you had pulled the Jussie Smolette thing without having Kamala Harris as your Auntie, where would you be?
In custody, and if you weren't black to begin with, a pissed off CPD would likely have added that and blue to your complexion.
Yet he walks.

The last veil came off last presidential primary for me. We didn't have one. No chance to vote on who the candidate would be. That's right, the GOP muckety-mucks in this state decided what bone we'd be tossed to vote for against Hillary. Eff'em. I voted third (Constitution) Party. I like the Platform better, and despite the lack of polish the well groomed figureheads for the other parties had, found more sincerity there. I am no longer a Republican, the scales have dropped from my eyes.

Every day these people stall, stay out of jail, hold off on prosecutions is worth billions of dollars.  The Chinese make the designer drugs, ship them to Mexico. The Fentanyl goes in, is mixed with the opium from Afghanistan, the coke comes from points South, the meth is made right there, with precursors form China or elsewhere, (ever wonder why we have a heroin problem every frigging time we are engaged militarily in a region that, well, is known for opium?  I thought we'd learned our lesson in SE Asia 50 years ago with the drug mess here at home, but it's baack! ). Carted/walked/driven/shipped/ drone dropped/flown in in bulk, brought in under diplomatic seal, and distributed throughout the United States by imported Cartel members and Gangs from elsewhere, to the outstanding profit of someone out there, not to mention the slave trade (sex slaves are guaranteed one thing the slaves of the 1800's were not, they are going to be used, and not to pick cotton, and in the end their lives are cheap for the really demented--live show at 5, DVDs or files for sale, and extra to play). Huge frigging money, at least a billion dollars a day changes hands.

All the while we are told 'negotiations are in progress', we're going to stop this, control that, WELL, WHERE ARE THE RESULTS? what stopped? Those impressive piles of drugs and money? Meh. Less than a days business.

Our sons and daughters, nieces and nephews are on the front lines of this fight, often with their hands tied by ROE which cannot work, by lack of support from the people who crow about putting them there (for political gain), and yet, who earnestly try to stem the flow of illegal trade in people, drugs, and whatever else across our borders, while others (treasonously) orchestrate the very forces which overwhelm the limited resources which our defenders have been given.
The Caravans are no accident, but they are the smokescreen for much more.

They are all in the same club, folks, Carlin is right. Put on your big girl panties and listen up. It's the scam of the century, has been since Jekyll Island, and odds are full on you are not in the club.

goopo   :patriot:  :hands:  :judge:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I also like this:

What the detractors/skeptics are missing is that this mere promise alone from Mexico is enough to justify legally the immediate return of those seeking asylum.

It's a big deal.

Offline libertybele

What the detractors/skeptics are missing is that this mere promise alone from Mexico is enough to justify legally the immediate return of those seeking asylum.

It's a big deal.

Mere promise from Mexico is enough to justify, immediate return???  Maybe you've had a few too many cocktails?? 

Trump's claim is that Mexico has agreed to allow those to return to Mexico to await asylum.  I don't know about you but granting asylum to every Tom, Dick and Jane at our border is NOT acceptable.  What are they doing with those that are applying for asylum?? Dumping them over the border in various different states.  That's already been established.

A promise from Mexico is not legal anything ... IF Mexico was to sign some sort of treaty ... that treaty would need the advice and consent of Congress!

Secondly ... how many are already in our country ILLEGALLY not accounted for? 

We need Mexico to halt the influx of ILLEGALS.  That's what needs to be done.  Them accepting  ILLEGALS back so that they can be processed is bullcrap and then dumped back into this country is bullcrap.  Nothing more than lip service from POTUS and playing musical chairs.

WE NEED OUR MILITARY AT OUR BORDER DEFENDING THIS COUNTRY AGAINST ALL ENEMIES!!!!