Author Topic: Trump suspends plan to impose tariffs on Mexico, says Mexico ‘has agreed to take strong measures’ on  (Read 7166 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Been there. Done that. It is better being on the outside looking in..I say light it up.  Burn the house down. 

@corbe could you please play the appropriate Talking Heads song?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBUe_v6Mi70
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Been there. Done that. It is better being on the outside looking in..I say light it up.  Burn the house down. 

With great power come great responsibility.  With greater power comes even greater responsibility.   rrthree
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

@corbe could you please play the appropriate Talking Heads song?

We Didn't Start the Fire

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

The Marshall Tucker Band - Fire on the Mountain

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMCl9eOBlsY

Come on baby light my fire.....

I have been looking at Mexican news.   Interesting read.  By next year the country could look like Venezuela.  And the article state his bad policy concerning the drug cartel has made his first part of his term the bloodiest:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/opinion/incompetent-bureaucrats-and-doomed-policies/

Ewe!  This is how Mexico runs its government?

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/trailer-containing-157-bodies-angers-residents/

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:34:25 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We're not going to war with Mexico.
Well, that's a dirty rotten shame. They've been at war with us for decades.
You just don't seem to grasp the concept of asymmetrical warfare.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

Well, that's a dirty rotten shame. They've been at war with us for decades.
You just don't seem to grasp the concept of asymmetrical warfare.

They certainly have.  Its been a long drawn out process.

People should look around.  Our country is enslaved to the Drug Cartel.  The homeless problem is a direct result of Drug Cartel.  Every major city that is falling apart has Mexico's name on it.  Every family that suffers drug addiction.  Every park that has used needles.  Every school that is overrun by gang violence...………. I could go on and on.  Fact is that Mexico has been taking our country over for a long time and we have let them.  Our politicians with the lure of cheap labor and votes.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:12:45 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline libertybele

They certainly have.  Its been a long drawn out process.

People should look around.  Our country is enslaved to the Drug Cartel.  The homeless problem is a direct result of Drug Cartel.  Every major city that is falling apart has Mexico's name on it.  Every family that suffers drug addiction.  Every park that has used needles.  Every school that is overrun by gang violence...………. I could go on and on.  Fact is that Mexico has been taking our country over for a long time and we have let them.  Our politicians with the lure of cheap labor and votes.

Gee... and the gov't is still trying to defend their 'practices' of their war on drugs.  It doesn't help that we have drug lords on this side of the border, of which some in gov't have their hands in.  As a result we now have an opioid epidemic and an invasion of ILLEGALS and a drug crisis.

Yet in his infinite wisdom, Trump decides NOT to shut down the border, granting asylum for those who come here and threaten Mexico with tariffs.  He would also have you believe that Mexico is going to be able to contain these people waiting to be processed!  No worries ... there is no plan as of yet to ensure that the caravans/trains stop coming!

Oh, did I mention that someone posted an article that Mexico attempted to arrest hundreds on a train coming in -- yep -- it was so successful, that most were able to exit and hide in the bushes.  But...they were able to arrest 25!  25 out of hundreds and if we look at the bigger picture; 25 out of how many hundreds of thousands that have already made it in?

ALL these illegals will soon be coming to a town near you.  All compliments of FAILURES on behalf of our President, and a worthless Congress! 

Offline corbe

Trump threatens more tariffs on Mexico over part of immigration deal

4 hrs ago

WASHINGTON, June 10 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Monday the United States had signed another portion of an immigration and security deal with Mexico that would need to be ratified by Mexican lawmakers.

He did not provide details but threatened tariffs if Mexico's Congress did not approve the plan.

"We have fully signed and documented another very important part of the Immigration and Security deal with Mexico, one that the U.S. has been asking about getting for many years. It will be revealed in the not too distant future and will need a vote by Mexico's legislative body," Trump tweeted.

"We do not anticipate a problem with the vote but, if for any reason the approval is not forthcoming, tariffs will be reinstated."

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-threatens-more-tariffs-on-mexico-over-part-of-immigration-deal/ar-AACEQNW?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Offline Hoodat

Grateful Dead  -  Fire on the Mountain

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

"We have fully signed and documented another very important part of the Immigration and Security deal with Mexico, one that the U.S. has been asking about getting for many years. It will be revealed in the not too distant future and will need a vote by Mexico's legislative body," Trump tweeted.
I'm sure the Mexican Congress respects Trump just as much as our own House of Representatives.  The days of illegal immigrants flooding our border are over. /sarc

Offline libertybele

Trump threatens more tariffs on Mexico over part of immigration deal

4 hrs ago

WASHINGTON, June 10 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Monday the United States had signed another portion of an immigration and security deal with Mexico that would need to be ratified by Mexican lawmakers.

He did not provide details but threatened tariffs if Mexico's Congress did not approve the plan.

"We do not anticipate a problem with the vote but, if for any reason the approval is not forthcoming, tariffs will be reinstated."

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-threatens-more-tariffs-on-mexico-over-part-of-immigration-deal/ar-AACEQNW?ocid=ientp

Waiting for the great revelation!!  Seriously....lot's of drama coming from his tweets!!

Offline corbe

Offline libertybele

I'm sure the Mexican Congress respects Trump just as much as our own House of Representatives.  The days of illegal immigrants flooding our border are over. /sarc

Hey ... that's what Chuckie said!   :whistle: