Author Topic: Trump suspends plan to impose tariffs on Mexico, says Mexico ‘has agreed to take strong measures’ on  (Read 7133 times)

Offline bilo

3 months?  Perhaps that seems like a short time, but considering the hundreds of thousands have been pouring in for at least the last 3 months, that's a very long time in this scenario.    9999hair out0000

I can understand frustration that everything hasn't already been done. I see the consequences in my business. In the grand scheme of things 3 months is an incredibly short time frame and the pressure Mexico is feeling is immense. They know full well that tariffs would devastate their economy. We are their largest trading partner and is the USCM ever is approved we will both benefit greatly. Also, they don't want to be stuck with first safe nation status because they can't handle the burden.

Trump deserves our support and praise. He's done more with less help than any POTUS I can recall.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

It boils down to two things -- them or us.  Our enemies have murdered, raped, terrorized U.S. citizens and that is ok, but God forbid if we apprehend and return them or shoot at them coming across ILLEGALLY!!! Got it!

We may not like it, but it's reality.

Offline libertybele

I can understand frustration that everything hasn't already been done. I see the consequences in my business. In the grand scheme of things 3 months is an incredibly short time frame and the pressure Mexico is feeling is immense. They know full well that tariffs would devastate their economy. We are their largest trading partner and is the USCM ever is approved we will both benefit greatly. Also, they don't want to be stuck with first safe nation status because they can't handle the burden.

Trump deserves our support and praise. He's done more with less help than any POTUS I can recall.

Trump deserves our support and praise when warranted.  Patting him on the back because people will supposedly be in some kind of a holding pattern, before being granting asylum, is not one of them.  Once asylum is granted, they are eligible to apply for citizenship within 5 years.  That isn't curtailing those wanting to come here, it is continuing to invite them in!!!

Slapping tariffs on Mexico WILL hurt our economy as well.  There is no doubt.    That's not even the issue.  The issue is he is doing NOTHING to de-incentivize those that want to come here.  Instead ... he has agreed to allow the UN to place those seeking asylum; which includes the U.S.  That's an invitation for ILLEGALS to keep coming.

With his declaration of a national emergency, he should have shut down the border  and declared a moratorium on ALL migration and ALL asylum until further notice, and also announced that those coming across WILL be considered an enemy of the U.S.

Secondly, and most importantly, he needs to stop back pedaling every time he makes a threat; it makes him look very weak and other countries are learning to call his bluff; obviously so, because we now have ILLEGALS coming in from 50 different countries!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Come on @Right_in_Virginia though not a Trump supporter I do point out and pat him on the back when he deserves credit.

He sucks on the border crisis BIGLY!   

No, the President does not.  How quickly you forget we would not even be talking about this if it were not for Donald J. Trump.

You apparently are also forgetting we do not have a king ...ignoring that POTUS must deal with two dysfunctional, yet coequal, branches of government obstructing his every effort.  Congress and the courts suck BIGLY! on the border crisis. 

If you can't see this, if you don't understand this, then I expect you to continue to run around the forum with you hair on fire crapping all over the one soul in Washington who cares about you and our borders.

And you can expect your credibility with me to be zero.

That's all.  I'm done.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Offline libertybele

We may not like it, but it's reality.

So ... go ahead.  Keep accepting that ILLEGALS have more rights than we do.  Take a look at Europe.  If that's ok with you, then you should have no problem in another 6 mos.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

No, the President does not.  How quickly you forget we would not even be talking about this if it were not for Donald J. Trump.

You apparently are also forgetting we do not have a king ...ignoring that POTUS must deal with two dysfunctional, yet coequal, branches of government obstructing his every effort.  Congress and the courts suck BIGLY! on the border crisis. 

If you can't see this, if you don't understand this, then I expect you to continue to run around the forum with you hair on fire crapping all over the one soul in Washington who cares about you and our borders.

That's all.  I'm done.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Same old rhetoric from you.  Keep your head buried in the sand and REFUSE to acknowledge he is FAILING!!!  He's not king, but he needs to start acting like the President in this matter and quit playing blame games and back pedaling.

The feeling is very mutual; your credibility with me is -0- as well. 

Yep ... have a pleasant Sunday!

Done as well with you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's totally understandable that some Borderland Senators waffled on this issue, their states stand to lose jobs.

Florida actually does do a lot of business with Mexico as well, though, it is not a border state. I've really got to hand it to Rubio for defining conservatism here.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

That's all.  I'm done.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Trump did well, if one has doubts, just see what borderland hawks think, see what people like Levine think.

Offline bilo

Trump deserves our support and praise when warranted. Patting him on the back because people will supposedly be in some kind of a holding pattern, before being granting asylum, is not one of them. Once asylum is granted, they are eligible to apply for citizenship within 5 years.  That isn't curtailing those wanting to come here, it is continuing to invite them in!!!

Slapping tariffs on Mexico WILL hurt our economy as well.  There is no doubt.    That's not even the issue.  The issue is he is doing NOTHING to de-incentivize those that want to come here.  Instead ... he has agreed to allow the UN to place those seeking asylum; which includes the U.S.  That's an invitation for ILLEGALS to keep coming.

With his declaration of a national emergency, he should have shut down the border  and declared a moratorium on ALL migration and ALL asylum until further notice, and also announced that those coming across WILL be considered an enemy of the U.S.

Secondly, and most importantly, he needs to stop back pedaling every time he makes a threat; it makes him look very weak and other countries are learning to call his bluff; obviously so, because we now have ILLEGALS coming in from 50 different countries!

Apparently, you are unaware that there is a 2 year backlog in hearing cases and in over 90% of the cases the claim is denied.

In this deal with Mexico, these people will be waiting in Mexico (not a very hospitable environment). The illegals will not get a work permit for the USA, since they are not in the USA and they will have a hard time paying the cartels. This deal should impact those that make money trafficking people and reduce the incentive for people to claim asylum because nobody is going to want to be stuck in Mexico for 2 years.

Offline bilo

So ... go ahead.  Keep accepting that ILLEGALS have more rights than we do.  Take a look at Europe.  If that's ok with you, then you should have no problem in another 6 mos.

Now you sound like a liberal lunatic. The facts don't work to your benefit so you make wild accusations about the messenger.

If you are so blinded by your rage that you can't see real progress is being made that's your problem.

Offline bilo

Trump did well, if one has doubts, just see what borderland hawks think, see what people like Levine think.

I'm with you!

Offline libertybele

Apparently, you are unaware that there is a 2 year backlog in hearing cases and in over 90% of the cases the claim is denied.

In this deal with Mexico, these people will be waiting in Mexico (not a very hospitable environment). The illegals will not get a work permit for the USA, since they are not in the USA and they will have a hard time paying the cartels. This deal should impact those that make money trafficking people and reduce the incentive for people to claim asylum because nobody is going to want to be stuck in Mexico for 2 years.

So, there is a backlog.  A backlog that shouldn't be in the first place. IF Trump had declared NO more asylum and shut the border down, we wouldn't have the backlog.  If Trump had stopped the incentives to come here, they  wouldn't continue to pour over our borders, that's my frustration.

Bill Cipher

So, there is a backlog.  A backlog that shouldn't be in the first place. IF Trump had declared NO more asylum and shut the border down, we wouldn't have the backlog.  If Trump had stopped the incentives to come here, they  wouldn't continue to pour over our borders, that's my frustration.

Not so.  The US cannot simply refuse to hear the asylum claims that have already been lodged.  Those cases must still be heard.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

This borderland hawk is waiting to see. 888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Now you sound like a liberal lunatic. The facts don't work to your benefit so you make wild accusations about the messenger.

If you are so blinded by your rage that you can't see real progress is being made that's your problem.

Not, not blinded by rage and certainly apologize if you took that as an accusation.  That was perhaps out of line on my part.  My accusation is that if something is not done at the border and we do nothing to curb the invitation to come here, we will be another Europe.

What progress is truly being made at the border? Please if there is something that I am missing, spell it out. The only thing that I see is that the number of those waiting for asylum is growing  The numbers not getting processed are staggering.  Asylum seekers will eventually be eligible to apply for citizenship.  I  don't see this as a winning situation.  Please, what am I missing that Trump is accomplishing other than that?  Yes, he's brought the situation to focus, but in doing so, they are now coming here in an unprecedented number.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I think you should refrain from calling people concerned about the state of our border libera lunatics.  We didn't get to these raised emotional posts on a political board because we have seen progress from the Trump administration on illegal immigration.  In fact illegal immigration has taken a back seat to Mueller investigation for this entire presidency.  I know that @libertybele and myself have seen trends by the President that have been harmful and confusing.  Giving Mexico a year. That was widely reported and raised the level of frustration among the people.  Obviously our paid representative are not affected like we are.  I don't make lots of money yet am forced to raise the families of illegal immigrant. 

Illegal immigration has exploded, yes exploded to the point of Border Patrol claiming they are no longer in control.  There are reports also of ISIS and drug Cartel.  There are reports of Typhoid and people dying in detention centers where we are blamed.  The immigrants make dangerous journeys where they put small children at risk.  They get sick and die. Our border Patrol no longer patrols but is a baby sitting unit.  Border Patrol is busy lifting people out of the Rio Grand so they don't drown.  Saving people in the desert from dehydration.  And all of it comes down to the criminal Drug Cartel and the promise of free stuff.  So excuse some of us for being concerned that our Border Patrol is reporting chaos under this administration.

Some people just don't care.  They make enough money that increased local and property tax to pay for illegal immigrants isn't an issue to them.  They don't worry about the cost of supporting other people's families who are given better care than our own.   Maybe some are even benefiting from illegal immigration.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 07:30:25 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

The reality of the matter is that NOTHING has changed with the latest talks!  Trump supporters have bought into his latest 'tweets' and are patting him on the back!  Unbelievable.  What are they patting him on the back for??  The fact still remains that Trump threatened with a tariff then actually back pedaled, proclaiming that a deal has been reached so that he's suspending the tariffs!  His supporters, buy into his b.s. every time!

Consider the fact that Mexico has refused to name itself a safe third country in the past, and reportedly did so again during the most recent round of talks.  “Such an agreement would stipulate that Mexico is a safe place for people fleeing Central America, and thus Central Americans arriving at the US-Mexico border would not be entitled to asylum hearings. 

So in actuality, nothing changed with these recent round of talks.  Of course ... all Trump has to do is claim fake news as an excuse.  So ... the fact still remains that ILLEGALS will be kept in Mexico until they await asylum!! Back log or not.  They will eventually get in -- from 50 different countries!

I'm absolutely amazed that Mexico has more room than the U.S. to hold all these people, that by the way are still at last count, coming in at a rate of 100,000 a month!  I am also amazed that Mexico seems to have better barriers and control of their borders than the U.S....that's what Trump would have us believe.  I declare b.s.  Our border patrol has been screaming that they are overwhelmed at busting at the seams .... so ... glad Mexico has their act together now. /sacrcasm
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 08:46:09 pm by libertybele »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Does this thread need a "cooling off" period?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

It isn't so much Trump I have the problem with, but some of his worshipers can't see the Emperor's wardrobe is a few threads  shy of being there.

@Smokin Joe

Ditto, ditto, and ditto again.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 08:58:05 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Not so.  The US cannot simply refuse to hear the asylum claims that have already been lodged.  Those cases must still be heard.

They can if the applicant isn't Mexican or Canadian.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online rustynail

Whites won't like being a minority.  Especially a minority that does not receive the benefits and special
treatment given now.

Offline libertybele

Yes ... probably.   888high58888  happy77

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Does a dumpster fire need a cooling off period or more gasoline to burn itself out?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Does a dumpster fire need a cooling off period or more gasoline to burn itself out?

:pondering:

You think like an Admin.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
:pondering:

You think like an Admin.

Been there. Done that. It is better being on the outside looking in..I say light it up.  Burn the house down. 

@corbe could you please play the appropriate Talking Heads song?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 11:46:12 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.