Author Topic: FedEx Express cuts ties with Amazon for U.S. domestic deliveries  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Applewood

FedEx Express cuts ties with Amazon for U.S. domestic deliveries

FedEx Express has cut ties with Amazon for U.S. domestic deliveries, the company announced Friday.

The express delivery company's current contract with Amazon ends on June 30, a FedEx spokesperson said. FedEx said the decision comes "as we focus on serving the broader e-commerce market.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/money/industries/logistics/2019/06/07/fedex-amazon-cut-ties-u-s-domestic-deliveries/1383075001/

Offline Applewood

Re: FedEx Express cuts ties with Amazon for U.S. domestic deliveries
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 10:00:46 pm »
Whatever the reason -- I'm glad to hear this news.  After years of deliveries from them, Fed Ex suddenly couldn't find my house anymore.  Customer service was useless.  Even complained to Amazon about them.   

Amazon now has its own delivery service if what I order is available from the local distribution center and it is developing drones and other delivery services of its own.  Much of the time if an outside delivery service is needed, I get my stuff through USPS.  My mailman knows where I live. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 01:46:32 pm »
Not surprised, I have noticed that they are either using the USPS, UPS, or their own delivery service.  Big loss for FedEx.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 04:36:45 pm »
Not surprised, I have noticed that they are either using the USPS, UPS, or their own delivery service.  Big loss for FedEx.

Well, if Fed Ex treats other customers the way it has treated me, then the loss of business is well deserved. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 04:51:18 pm »
Well, if Fed Ex treats other customers the way it has treated me, then the loss of business is well deserved.

As I said their loss.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 04:56:10 pm »

I disagree.  And so does the market. AmEx stock went up after the announcement.  It was not a profitable venture.  Well it was for Amazon but not so much for the American Express.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 07:07:22 pm »
I disagree.  And so does the market. AmEx stock went up after the announcement.  It was not a profitable venture.  Well it was for Amazon but not so much for the American Express.   

Did you mean Fed Ex?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 07:10:15 pm »
Did you mean Fed Ex?

Yeah I did.   Brain farted....
Thanks!   :cool:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 08:31:55 pm »
I too have experienced problems with FedEx, though not on an Amazon order.  Amazon still rules when it comes to expedient delivery.  We'll see what happens now that FedEx is out of the picture.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.