Author Topic: YouTube crackdown blocked history teachers who shared archive videos of Hitler  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
YouTube's crackdown on white supremacy and hate speech has ensnared history teachers who are trying to upload archival footage of Nazi dictator Adolph Hitler.

The Google-owned platform announced a series of policy changes that will likely see hundreds of thousands of videos removed from the platform, including those that glorify the Nazis, but several historians reported that their educational videos were also swept up in the ban.

Scott Allsop, who owns the MrAllsopHistory revision website and teaches at an international school in Romania, saw his YouTube channel featuring hundreds of clips on a wide range of historical topics taken down for running afoul of the hate speech rules.

“It’s absolutely vital that YouTube work to undo the damage caused by their indiscriminate implementation as soon as possible,” Allsop told The Guardian. “Access to important material is being denied wholesale as many other channels are left branded as promoting hate when they do nothing of the sort.”

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/youtube-crackdown-blocked-history-archive-hitler
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

"First they came for the Nazis....."

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"First they came for the Nazis....."

Google is evil.  They are today's Nazi's.

Offline dfwgator

Google is evil.  They are today's Nazi's.

I actually watched a lot of Hitler videos on YouTube, it's good to watch without commentary to try to understand how he could take over Germany.

Whitewashing history is always a bad thing.

Offline Wingnut

I actually watched a lot of Hitler videos on YouTube, it's good to watch without commentary to try to understand how he could take over Germany.

Whitewashing history is always a bad thing.

I can't wait for the newest episode Of Hitler "You Tube Banned Me"

Edit:  Found it:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I can't wait for the newest episode Of Hitler "You Tube Banned Me"

Edit:  Found it:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
The devil's greatest victory is convincing people he does not exist.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

--George Santayana.

"Those who do remember the past are doomed to repeat it because of the morons who cannot remember it."

--Cyber Liberty
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Now they went and removed one of my favorite YT subscriptions,  which posted various radio broadcasts from WWII, including Hitler's speeches. 

Those Bastards!