Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg pledges $500M to shutter U.S. coal plants  (Read 1172 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Updated June 7, 2019 at 6:41 AM
Michael Bloomberg pledges $500M to shutter U.S. coal plants
By
Darryl Coote

June 7 (UPI) -- Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Friday will launch what he calls the largest ever coordinated campaign to beat climate change, which will close all U.S. coal plants by 2030.

Bloomberg said the $500 million program, Beyond Carbon, will put the United States on track toward a 100 percent clean energy economy by working with advocates to "build on leadership and climate progress already underway."

more
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/06/07/Michael-Bloomberg-pledges-500M-to-shutter-US-coal-plants/9331559879138/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Michael Bloomberg pledges $500M to shutter U.S. coal plants
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 01:53:58 pm »
Utter horse manure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 02:07:43 pm »
Carbon- one of the elements and present in every living thing. It must be eradicated./s
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 02:41:12 pm »
Yes, and we'll power all those electric cars that in the fevered dreams of the leftists will replace the gasoline-powered cars with what? Vegetable oil?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 02:54:57 pm »
Next for Bloomberg will the eradication of cow farts.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 03:00:25 pm »
Updated June 7, 2019 at 6:41 AM
Michael Bloomberg pledges $500M to shutter U.S. coal plants
By
Darryl Coote

This equates to economic terrorism on certain states and peoples.  I hope the coal miners and their families take heed and act accordingly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 12:17:41 am »
Go home and shiver/swelter in the dark, Bloomy, ya frigging hypocrite!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 01:03:11 am »
Without coal-fired power plants to generate electricity,  how will envirowarriors charge their electric cars?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 01:17:21 am »
Without coal-fired power plants to generate electricity,  how will envirowarriors charge their electric cars?
They'll just put those propeller thingies on the mirrors..... **nononono*

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 11:28:21 am »
It's his money, but I believe he will have a fight on his hands.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 03:30:48 pm »
It's his money, but I believe he will have a fight on his hands.
Yep, likely from Biden as this move may cripple Biden's chances in taking his home state of Pennsylvania, the 4th largest coal state which employs many thousands of coal workers.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2019, 03:45:30 pm »
Jackass!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2019, 05:44:06 pm »
So when all of these nasty coal plants are shuttered where will people get the electricity to replace what was lost, is comrade Bloomberg going to pull the kW's out of his arse? Or perhaps he plans on the Unicorn initiative.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 07:33:21 pm »
Yes, and we'll power all those electric cars that in the fevered dreams of the leftists will replace the gasoline-powered cars with what? Vegetable oil?
(in best stoner voice) "It's gonna be hemp, man... bro... it's the future. I read on the Internet that it's better than any other crop for any other purpose!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 09:06:33 pm »
(in best stoner voice) "It's gonna be hemp, man... bro... it's the future. I read on the Internet that it's better than any other crop for any other purpose!"

Like, groovy man....far out.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 11:28:26 pm »
West Virginia's governor takes exception to Bloomberg's goals:
Justice slaps Bloomberg’s ‘Beyond Carbon’ push against coal and gas
By Brad McElhinny in News | June 09, 2019 at 6:41PM

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Gov. Jim Justice, whose family owns significant coal holdings, is taking umbrage to a pledge by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.  ...

“Michael Bloomberg and the radical Sierra Club organization have declared war on the American worker. If this campaign is successful, massive numbers of West Virginians will lose their livelihoods and the U.S. economy will suffer greatly. And all of this for extremely minor global reductions of emissions,” Justice stated.  ...

Justice called West Virginia an “all-in” energy state, citing coal, natural gas and a growing renewable portfolio.

“Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Beyond Carbon initiative is short-sighted, nonsensical and, if successful, will have a calamitous impact on West Virginia and American workers,” Justice stated.
WV Metro News

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2019, 09:19:25 am »
@mountaineer

Well, at least, West Virginia's governor has stepped up and spoken up.  Not PA's commie governor.  He probably think Bloomberg's idea is swell.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2019, 12:53:41 pm »
Well, at least, West Virginia's governor has stepped up and spoken up.  Not PA's commie governor.  He probably think Bloomberg's idea is swell.   *****rollingeyes*****
Ugh, @Applewood  - don't get me started on that Wolf fool!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2019, 04:36:58 pm »
@mountaineer

I don't get why coal miners vote for Wolf and the Democrats.  Because their union tells them to?  The ordinary miner, or any blue collar worker for that matter,- should be able to see that the Democrats have done nothing for them.  And in the case of coal miners, Democrats actually are taking away their jobs. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 05:52:24 pm »
I don't get why coal miners vote for Wolf and the Democrats.  Because their union tells them to?  The ordinary miner, or any blue collar worker for that matter,- should be able to see that the Democrats have done nothing for them.  And in the case of coal miners, Democrats actually are taking away their jobs.
Exactly. Same with most unions, sadly.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 06:07:01 pm »
Exactly. Same with most unions, sadly.
I don't get why anyone votes for Democrats, least of all:

Union Members (except government unions)
Blacks
Legal Immigrants

I just can't see voting for anyone so juxtaposed to your success.

But then, there are the Republicans who don't have the balls to provide a clearly different choice.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 11:00:09 pm »
Applewood wrote:
"I don't get why coal miners vote for Wolf and the Democrats.  Because their union tells them to?  The ordinary miner, or any blue collar worker for that matter,- should be able to see that the Democrats have done nothing for them.  And in the case of coal miners, Democrats actually are taking away their jobs."

It goes way WAY back.

There were "two sides" back in them days:
- The owners
- The workers

And the owners all-too-often treated the workers (particularly miners) as little better than serfs.

The "union" -- whether its roots be from leftists/communists or not (and they usually were) -- was the only leverage that existed between the miners and the owners.

Take 100 seconds and listen to this famous song written by Florence Reece in the 1930's:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

You go to Harlan County
There is no neutral there
You'll either be a union man
Or a thug for J.H. Blair
Which side are you on, boys...
Which side are you on?

Times are changing, but the battles fought years ago were so bitter that the residue endures to today.
For many of those folks, it's just "hard to let it go"...

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2019, 03:10:40 pm »
Looks like all Democrats don't go along with this idiocy.

Manchin: Stopping Fossil Fuels No Way to Stop Climate Change

Sen. Joe Manchin said Wednesday he agrees that climate change is real, but technology that allows the use of fossil fuels is the solution, not measures like the Green New Deal and former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg's pledge of $500 million to close coal plants.

Manchin said closing coal plants devastates his state of West Virginia without solving the problem."Why do you want to punish the hard-working people of my state of West Virginia who have done everything possible to answer the call for this great country so many times?" the Democratic lawmaker told Fox News' "Fox and Friends."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/joe-manchin-fossil-fuels-west-virginia-coal-plants/2019/06/12/id/919991/

Offline Applewood

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 03:50:26 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Manchin is a reasonable Democrat -- a rarity these days.

So West Virginia political stars have come out against Bloomberg's folly.  When are PA's politicians going to speak up?

(Crickets)

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 03:59:01 pm »
To this day,  some West Virginians cling to the labor wars of the 1920s as support for their "us vs. management mentality". It's tiresome. They ignore how irate coal miners executed a sheriff in cold blood,  just as they today overlook how union bosses are screwing them.