Author Topic: GRANDPA Of Teen Killed In Home Invasion Says AR-15 Gave Homeowner “Unfair Advantage” [VIDEO]  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yep. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sometimes you just don't get a do-over.

I pray for the fellow who found it necessary to defend himself thus.

You're right, @Smokin Joe.  He did the right thing, but it's got to be a hard thing to live with.  And, I think the story said it was the homeowner's son, implying that he may be a younger man.   

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did a search on this and found it took place in Wagoner County Oklahoma.  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oklahoma-man-uses-ar-15-kill-three-teen-home-intruders-n739541

Article says the woman who dropped her off will be charged with murder since she dropped off the burglars.  So Grandpa needs to direct his ire at her rather than the one who was protecting himself.
BTW, in doing this search, it was disheartening to see so many "three teenagers killed" pop up on Google.

We have a serious problem in this country.
For all the BS about 'disrespecting', there is a significant contingent who have no respect for others, their property, etc.
They are now fewer in number.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You're right, @Smokin Joe.  He did the right thing, but it's got to be a hard thing to live with.  And, I think the story said it was the homeowner's son, implying that he may be a younger man.
He is. Twenty three according to an account posted just up thread. This mess isn't over, the 'getaway driver' is in deep poo as well, facing three counts of Murder 1 for her connection to a Felony involving the deaths.

It is an ugly mess, and the ugly just keeps on giving.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A few other things:

1.  This happened over two years ago.

2.  The shooter was not charged.

3. The getaway driver says she does not feel responsible for the deaths. : 'I feel guilty, but I don't feel responsible'

4. She was convicted of second degree murder anyway and is in jail on a 45 year sentence. https://www.tulsaworld.com/communities/owasso/news/getaway-driver-of-home-invasion-that-left-three-owasso-collinsville/article_c75ee104-8314-5e7a-b91f-8cb504dd29e7.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
A few other things:

1.  This happened over two years ago.

2.  The shooter was not charged.

3. The getaway driver says she does not feel responsible for the deaths. : 'I feel guilty, but I don't feel responsible'

4. She was convicted of second degree murder anyway and is in jail on a 45 year sentence. https://www.tulsaworld.com/communities/owasso/news/getaway-driver-of-home-invasion-that-left-three-owasso-collinsville/article_c75ee104-8314-5e7a-b91f-8cb504dd29e7.html

This seems to happen more often than it should, and mainly these smaller web sites.

Offline verga

From the article: "Leroy Schumacher, the grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn told KTUL-TV  that he believes the death of his 17-year-old son could have been prevented," You know what else would have prevented it Leroy... Don't break into other peoples houses to steal their stuff.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LMAO

I take into consideration that this is a grieving grandfather who isn’t going to speak or think rationally. I don’t expect him to say, “my grandson got what he deserved.”
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 01:33:50 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   I weep at the foolishness of these three guys,  but one must not disrespect the sanctity of a man's place of rest. 

@Jazzhead

I don't. That was their chosen destiny from the moment they decided to become semi-pro or pro criminals. The only real "out" they had was to murder someone else and then go to prison for life or execution,because they were NOT going to quit robbing and stealing to go work for a living.

I don't even feel sorry for their parents,because their parents knew they were scum,and knew that either prison or the graveyard was their next address. Chances are the parents were/are petty criminals,also.

The only person I feel sorry for is the old man that now has to deal with taking lives through no fault of his own. Yes,it WAS justified,but that doesn't really make it any easier to deal with at 3 AM on random mornings.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Jazzhead

I don't. That was their chosen destiny from the moment they decided to become semi-pro or pro criminals. The only real "out" they had was to murder someone else and then go to prison for life or execution,because they were NOT going to quit robbing and stealing to go work for a living.

I don't even feel sorry for their parents,because their parents knew they were scum,and knew that either prison or the graveyard was their next address. Chances are the parents were/are petty criminals,also.

The only person I feel sorry for is the old man that now has to deal with taking lives through no fault of his own. Yes,it WAS justified,but that doesn't really make it any easier to deal with at 3 AM on random mornings.

@sneakypete  I think the shooter is the one deserving rest in @Jazzhead's post.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
He had every right to send them to hell.  Had no idea there are states that do not defend the right to self defense within one's home from invaders.  This liberal lunacy of allowing invaders to enter our country in huge numbers might have some nonsensical bearing on all this.  The liberals that would destroy this nation would gladly allow a home owner to die brutally to invaders.

Offline LegalAmerican

Just shows how insane people on the LEFT, are thinking now.  Unfair advantage?   ARE YOU KIDDING ME?   NOT A SPORT. 
THIS IS ROBBERY....WITH WHAT INTENT?  Sit down for tea?  ALL THUGS.