Author Topic: GRANDPA Of Teen Killed In Home Invasion Says AR-15 Gave Homeowner “Unfair Advantage” [VIDEO]  (Read 2349 times)

Offline LottieDah

The homeowner had every right to defend his life and his home.  What did grandpa consider 'fair'?  His thug grandson reaped what gramps had sown.

Offline dfwgator

This must be from The Onion.

Offline Applewood

This is typical when the local news reports some stupid punk gets killed committing a crime.  Usually, it's some teary-eyed mother who had the kid when she was 14 and was too busy texting or trying to make the next kid to bother raising right the one she already had.  "My kid was a good boy.  Never hurt nobody.  Why did he have to die?"  Or something.

This is the family blaming someone else for their own failure to keep the kid out of trouble. 

Offline Victoria33

And it's a cabin, not a hut.
@roamer_1

That is why I called it a "hut"; figured I would get a blow from you for calling it that.  wink777

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ahh, so three yoots wiling to apply a merciless and horrific beat-down... With an unfair advantage...
According to the latest stats available, (2015) 4.7 percent of murder victims were beaten or kicked to death.

That's over 6300 people in that year alone.

One against three.

Sam Colt's "equalizer" still works.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

That is why I called it a "hut"; figured I would get a blow from you for calling it that.  wink777

Just so you know...
And if it's up in the sticks, made of sticks and canvas and/or debris, it's still not a hut.
That'd be a hooch.

Offline roamer_1

One against three.

That's exactly right.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Crime is by its own nature automatically "unfair".
A 'fair fight' is exactly what criminals are trying to avoid.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just so you know...
And if it's up in the sticks, made of sticks and canvas and/or debris, it's still not a hut.
That'd be a hooch.

When I was a kid we called them "forts." yymouse yymouse
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:31:53 pm by dfwgator »

Offline roamer_1

When I was a kid we called them "forts." yymouse yymouse

You oughta pick back up on it...
Before I got bunged up, my buddies and I would go paintballin down by the river. One, maybe two forts, two flags, and a really, really kickass time, whether defending or offending.

Just like when you were a kid, except there ain't no denying a hit. No chance for cheating - if you got paint in your kill-zone, tough for you, you're out. And you're mamma won't worry that you'll put an eye out... win/win

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just so you know...
That'd be a hooch.

I thought a "Hooch" was where the asian pro's hung out with the service men?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

I thought a "Hooch" was where the asian pro's hung out with the service men?

I'd reckon that's where it came from. There's a lot of Nam vets up in the sticks...

A hooch is a less than desirable/reputable camp or tent.
If it's bush-crafted, it usually is serviceable, but not pretty.

Draw your conclusions as you will...  :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:57:30 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You oughta pick back up on it...
Before I got bunged up, my buddies and I would go paintballin down by the river. One, maybe two forts, two flags, and a really, really kickass time, whether defending or offending.

Just like when you were a kid, except there ain't no denying a hit. No chance for cheating - if you got paint in your kill-zone, tough for you, you're out. And you're mamma won't worry that you'll put an eye out... win/win

We had to use BB guns back then....amazing we all had our eyes after that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Nobody yet mentioned where this happened -- Oklahoma, I believe.

I'm unfamiliar with the "castle laws", whether OK has one, how much leeway it gives the owner.

I'll reckon that in Texas, this would be a "no bill" -- cops and D.A. will do nothing to the homeowner. But up one state in OK ... not sure.

The homeowner definitely was a good shot to put down all three of them.

I doubt any jury down there would convict him of anything.
Of course, times are a-changin' and I could be wrong about that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nobody yet mentioned where this happened -- Oklahoma, I believe.

I'm unfamiliar with the "castle laws", whether OK has one, how much leeway it gives the owner.

I'll reckon that in Texas, this would be a "no bill" -- cops and D.A. will do nothing to the homeowner. But up one state in OK ... not sure.

The homeowner definitely was a good shot to put down all three of them.

I doubt any jury down there would convict him of anything.
Of course, times are a-changin' and I could be wrong about that.

I did a quick Goggle.  OK is a Castle Doctrine State, along with Stand Your Ground.  Additionally, you can't be sued in Civil court.

Quote from: Article
E. A person who uses force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force. As used in this subsection, the term "criminal prosecution" includes charging or prosecuting the defendant.

https://www.oklahoma-criminal-defense.com/media/oklahomas-castle-doctrine-and-stand-your-ground-laws
I will NOT comply.

Bill Cipher

I did a quick Goggle.  OK is a Castle Doctrine State, along with Stand Your Ground.  Additionally, you can't be sued in Civil court.

https://www.oklahoma-criminal-defense.com/media/oklahomas-castle-doctrine-and-stand-your-ground-laws

You can be sued in civil court, but if you raise the legitimate use of force as an affirmative defense, then most likely a court would have to first determine the propriety of the use of force, and dismiss the action if it found the force used was legal. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You can be sued in civil court, but if you raise the legitimate use of force as an affirmative defense, then most likely a court would have to first determine the propriety of the use of force, and dismiss the action if it found the force used was legal.

What if a criminal court already decided it was proper?  Or is this just for the "He needed killin'" situations where there is no criminal trial?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
According to the latest stats available, (2015) 4.7 percent of murder victims were beaten or kicked to death.

One against three.

Indeed.  You and I may disagree,@Smokin Joe ,  about the militia thing,  but my gosh, there is nothing more fundamental to the rights of a free man than to defend himself in his own home.   I weep at the foolishness of these three guys,  but one must not disrespect the sanctity of a man's place of rest.  They paid the price.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 11:10:52 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

One against three.

I saw no official statement that said the perps were not armed.  Perhaps they were, but in anycase this is justifiable homicide.

I wonder how they could post the picture of the 17 year old?  He is a minor, right?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

Indeed.  You and I may disagree,@Smokin Joe ,  about the militia thing,  but my gosh, there is nothing more fundamental to the rights of a free man than to defend himself in his own home.   I weep at the foolishness of these three guys,  but one must not disrespect the sanctity of a man's place of rest.  They paid the price.
Yep. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sometimes you just don't get a do-over.

I pray for the fellow who found it necessary to defend himself thus.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I saw no official statement that said the perps were not armed.  Perhaps they were, but in anycase this is justifiable homicide.

I wonder how they could post the picture of the 17 year old?  He is a minor, right?
Armed or not, at the ratio of 3:1, there is a lethal threat. After all, they invaded his home.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Maybe because he is a dead minor?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe because he is a dead minor?

He isn't getting any older.  He only lived once.
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Did a search on this and found it took place in Wagoner County Oklahoma.  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oklahoma-man-uses-ar-15-kill-three-teen-home-intruders-n739541

Article says the woman who dropped them off will be charged with murder since she dropped off the burglars.  So Grandpa needs to direct his ire at her rather than the one who was protecting himself.

And one other thing:  They brought a knife to a gun fight.  Grandpa should have told his grandson better.

A 23-year-old Oklahoma man used a semi-automatic AR-15 rifle to shoot and kill three masked teenage intruders dressed in black who broke into his home Monday afternoon — an act authorities are investigating as self-defense.

Zach Peters, the homeowner's son, fatally shot an 18-year-old man and two boys ranging between 16 and 17 around 12:30 p.m. The trio allegedly forced their way into the residence through a back door and were killed after exchanging words with Peters, who fired multiple shots.

Police said the alleged getaway driver, 21-year-old Elizabeth Rodriguez, surrendered to the Broken Arrow Police Department Monday evening and is facing charges on three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of burglary.

Her first court appearance, set for Tuesday, has been pushed to April 5 and she was ordered to be held on no bond.

BTW, in doing this search, it was disheartening to see so many "three teenagers killed" pop up on Google.

We have a serious problem in this country.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 11:38:06 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington