Author Topic: ‘Straight Pride’ parade looks like a go in Boston and the internet is on fire over it  (Read 797 times)

rangerrebew

‘Straight Pride’ parade looks like a go in Boston and the internet is on fire over it
June 5, 2019 | Frieda Powers 

Days before Boston hosts its annual gay pride parade, a group planning a “straight pride” parade has garnered attention and sparked backlash on social media.

As LGBTQ Pride Month gets underway with parades and festivities planned across the nation, and Boston scheduled to hold its event Saturday to celebrate the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community, a group calling itself Super Happy Fun America is planning its own parade for later this summer, CBS News reported.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/06/05/straight-pride-parade-looks-like-a-go-in-boston-and-the-internet-is-on-fire-over-it-761799

Offline Hoodat

Hell hath no fury like the intolerance of the left.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Boston?  I don't think a permit would be approved for this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'll post what I posted elsewhere:
I'm not even sure what a "straight pride parade" would entail. Stripper brigades? I mean, one of the big problems people have with pride parades is the overt sexuality and hedonism on public display—and any straight pride festival would necessarily have the same issues.
Those of us who disapprove of "pride parades" and the aggressive, embrace-our-views-or-else approach the alphabet soup lobby has taken, would not be served at all by a "straight pride parade." All this is is an attempt at trolling.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'll post what I posted elsewhere:Those of us who disapprove of "pride parades" and the aggressive, embrace-our-views-or-else approach the alphabet soup lobby has taken, would not be served at all by a "straight pride parade." All this is is an attempt at trolling.

Exactly!  Which is why it is such a good idea.

The mass media, pop culture (both in Hollywood and outside it), and the left are all unified on their messaging on those SJW issues.  They attempt to intimidate/silence anyone who disagrees with them via boycotts of businesses, loss of employment, ostracism, and the rest of it.  And because it is so pervasive, it is very easy for ordinary people who don't agree with them to be intimidated into silence.  The result is that the public debate is very often one-sided.

A march like this amounts to a shout that "we're not afraid to speak out publicly", which is an incredibly important message that needs to be heard.  To some extent, it is what Trump has done -- acting as point man on issues on which other Republicans were unwilling to speak.  Having someone out front who is willing to take those slings and arrows helps encourage other people to feel free to express their opinions as well.

I have my doubts that they'll pull it off, but they may well get a decent crowd of drunken Irishmen willing to speak out.  And good for them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Exactly!  Which is why it is such a good idea.

The mass media, pop culture (both in Hollywood and outside it), and the left are all unified on their messaging on those SJW issues.  They attempt to intimidate/silence anyone who disagrees with them via boycotts of businesses, loss of employment, ostracism, and the rest of it.  And because it is so pervasive, it is very easy for ordinary people who don't agree with them to be intimidated into silence.  The result is that the public debate is very often one-sided.

A march like this amounts to a shout that "we're not afraid to speak out publicly", which is an incredibly important message that needs to be heard.  To some extent, it is what Trump has done -- acting as point man on issues on which other Republicans were unwilling to speak.  Having someone out front who is willing to take those slings and arrows helps encourage other people to feel free to express their opinions as well.

I have my doubts that they'll pull it off, but they may well get a decent crowd of drunken Irishmen willing to speak out.  And good for them.

Snowflakes need to be trolled for their own good.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Snowflakes need to be trolled for their own good.

As much as a I despise the whole "March for [insert pet cause]" crap, the truth is that is one of the ways in which the left has shifted the narrative in their favor, almost to the point of more conservative people being afraid to speak out.

The trolling is necessary, if only to help illustrate the intolerance of the left.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
As much as a I despise the whole "March for [insert pet cause]" crap, the truth is that is one of the ways in which the left has shifted the narrative in their favor, almost to the point of more conservative people being afraid to speak out.

The trolling is necessary, if only to help illustrate the intolerance of the left.

The left silences the right through street violence, sanctioned by leftist city leaders who prohibit the Police from doing their jobs to stop it (see:  Portland and Antifa).
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The left silences the right through street violence, sanctioned by leftist city leaders who prohibit the Police from doing their jobs to stop it (see:  Portland and Antifa).

Mostly drunken Irish guys (perhaps reinforced by some Italians) versus SJW's in the streets of Boston.

I'm betting on the Irish.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
All this is is an attempt at trolling.

They're being trolled in an effort to expose their intolerance and hypocrisy. A straight pride parade gets a huge thumbs up from me.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Mostly drunken Irish guys (perhaps reinforced by some Italians) versus SJW's in the streets of Boston.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

‘Straight Pride’ parade looks like a go in Boston and the internet is on fire over it
June 5, 2019 | Frieda Powers 

Days before Boston hosts its annual gay pride parade, a group planning a “straight pride” parade has garnered attention and sparked backlash on social media.

Good for them! I support them 100 percent.

The homos are going to go nuclear,though.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

For God's sake, wear gloves. Prevent blood-borne pathogen transfer!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis