Author Topic: Hop on now before Dow reaches 40,000, says forecaster who nailed 2018 selloff  (Read 1053 times)

Online libertybele

Hop on now before Dow reaches 40,000, says forecaster who nailed 2018 selloff

Get your “Dow 40,000” hat orders in now.

That is, if you’re buying what our call of the day from Yves Lamoureux, president of macroeconomic research firm Lamoureux & Co., is selling. The stock forecaster, who correctly predicted a “panic event” in 2018, sees another big top coming for the Dow industrials, and says investors have roughly two years to hop on board.

“It will be what we call a ‘generational top’,” where the Dow will climb to 30,000 then 40,000 as an eventual high, but then plateau for a decade, Lamoureux told MarketWatch in an interview.

He says Fed Chairman Jerome Powell can be counted on to support stocks anytime they get in trouble, especially going into an election year where the economy needs to stay in tiptop shape. Powell appeared to do just that this week with hints of interest rate cuts, even if not everyone is convinced that move is coming.

“What I’m expecting...is another big move, in which people really go nuts. That's what’s kind of missing here,” Lamoureux said. “What separates me from everybody else is we study psychology, and what I find particularly odd now is there has been a very big flight of money out of stocks to bonds.” ............

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/hop-on-now-before-dow-reaches-40000-says-forecaster-who-nailed-2018-selloff-2019-06-06?mod=mw_theo_homepage
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

...Dow will climb to 30,000 then 40,000...

It is a question of when, not if.

But the when could be 20~40 years....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
It is a question of when, not if.

But the when could be 20~40 years....

Dow's way overbought at 25K.  You are right, a 40K number is something in the distant future. In fact based on the trajectory of pending trade wars, I'd say a 25 - 50% correction is more likely.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Dow's way overbought at 25K.  You are right, a 40K number is something in the distant future. In fact based on the trajectory of pending trade wars, I'd say a 25 - 50% correction is more likely.

Possibly and if that happens I think we will see a full blown recession worse than 2008 and lasting much longer than a typical recession cycle.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Possibly and if that happens I think we will see a full blown recession worse than 2008 and lasting much longer than a typical recession cycle.

Also add the fact that on top of the rare earth metals issue, the Chicoms hold $1.2T in treasury bond debt  this country.

If they cash in, watch a start of inflationary and interest rate surge almost overnight, leading to a recessionary economy.   Recent news does not have me bullish on U. S. economy for the foreseeable future.  Hopefully Trump's game of chicken on trade does not come back and bite everyone involved.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Also add the fact that on top of the rare earth metals issue, the Chicoms hold $1.2T in treasury bond debt  this country.

If they cash in, watch a start of inflationary and interest rate surge almost overnight, leading to a recessionary economy.   Recent news does not have me bullish on U. S. economy for the foreseeable future.  Hopefully Trump's game of chicken on trade does not come back and bite everyone involved.

The problem for China is that it owns $1.2T in bonds.  If they start selling rapidly enough to raise interest rates, their portfolio loses lots of money.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.