Author Topic: South of the Border Stuffed Cabbage  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
South of the Border Stuffed Cabbage
« on: June 06, 2019, 05:15:16 am »
I made that name up.  LOL!

Core a head of cabbage and put it in boiling water.  As the leaves begin to soften pull them off and place on a plate.

2 pounds of hamburger.  I used Grass Fed.

1-1 1/2 Cup chopped onion (1 whole sweet onion)

bunch of cillantro (Use as much as you like)

Fresh chopped tomatoes.  Roma's are good because they are firm.  Add as much as you like.

One large or two smaller jalepeno's chopped (more if you like to kick things up a notch)

Chopped garlic.  As much as you want.

1  Cup Simply Heinze Ketchup with no artifitial sweetners

Salt, pepper and garlic powder

Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Grease a casserole dish.  I use the olive oil spray.  Pam is not good for you.  Preheat oven to 350.

Use a knife to cut out rest of the core on leaf.  V cut. Place a good portion of meat on cabbage leaf and roll it up.  Placing it lengthwise in your dish.

Cover with tin foil and bake (1 hour?)  Check internal temperature after 45 minutes

Topping:

Top with Pico De Gallo and grated Mozerella cheese.

This is my recipe.  I can't remember how long I baked them.  I am thinking about an hour then I put the the topping and uncovered them and bakes for another 15-20.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:23:44 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mountaineer

Re: South of the Border Stuffed Cabbage
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 07:21:43 pm »
My Serbian husband (grandson of immigrants) makes cabbage rolls the way his mother and aunts did it, just like Stari Kraj (old country). He'd not be amused by TexMex style, though I'd probably like it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: South of the Border Stuffed Cabbage
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 09:49:27 pm »
That sounds wonderful.  TexMex is pretty much my family's default.