Author Topic: House passes bill that would provide a pathway to citizenship for many undocumented immigrants  (Read 428 times)

Offline libertybele

We've lost our country.  Who knows at this point, it could very well pass the Senate.  Certainly, when (not if) the DEMS take the majority or are seated in the oval office, the reality is millions of ILLEGALS will eventually get voting rights.  Game over.

House passes bill that would provide a pathway to citizenship for many undocumented immigrants

The Democratic-controlled House of Representatives passed a bill Tuesday that would provide a pathway to citizenship for more than one million undocumented immigrants, a move that comes amid a fierce debate over illegal immigration.
It passed 237-187. The chamber erupted in cheers of, "Sí se puede," translated to, "Yes, we can."
While Democrats secured the bill's passage in the House, the measure is unlikely to become law anytime soon, particularly ahead of a presidential election. Even if it were to pass the Republican-controlled Senate, it'd still need to be signed by President Donald Trump who's sought to end these programs.
The vote comes nearly a month after the President introduced a plan to overhaul the nation's immigration system. White House senior adviser Jared Kushner worked on the proposal for months, but notably missing from it was a solution for recipients of the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which is included in the Democrats' legislation.

Tuesday's passage is a success for Democrats, particularly after a federal judge in Washington a day earlier denied a request by House Democrats to block Trump from transferring funds from appropriated accounts to construct his wall. The bill would also provide a greater sense of security to a large swath of undocumented immigrants whose fate has been tied up in the courts.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/04/politics/house-passes-dream-and-promise-act/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
How dare they?  How dare they do that?  Makes me so angry.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

How dare they?  How dare they do that?  Makes me so angry.

It represents DEM votes.  Its as simple as that.  For the DEMS, illegal immigration has always been about increasing their voting base.  By the sheer number of illegals eventually voting; that number will far exceed the number of GOP voters. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The stupid Republicans in the Senate may hop right on board the amnesty train... once again.

I hope Mr. Trump rejects this.

Online corbe

Purely, in the interest of the NRSC Cocaine Mitch would never schedule this vote.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
   Purely, in the interest of the NRSC Cocaine Mitch would never schedule this vote.

Doesn't have a chance in hell.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

I hope that you are correct.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
So dems passing a partisan bill in the House is a "success"? By that standard, it must have been a success every time repubs voted repeal of 0bamacare.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA