Author Topic: George Will: GOP has become a 'cult' of Trump  (Read 324 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George Will: GOP has become a 'cult' of Trump
« on: June 05, 2019, 09:29:29 pm »

George Will: GOP has become a 'cult' of Trump
By Justin Wise - 06/05/19 05:16 PM EDT

Conservative columnist and author George Will on Wednesday said that the GOP has become a "cult" of President Trump, attributing the shift to an "absence of ideas."

"It has become a cult," Will said on MSNBC after being asked whether the Republican Party had become the party of Trump.

"It has become a cult because of an absence of ideas. Because they have jettisoned the ideas for years, decades, all the 20th century almost. Conservatives said we're for free trade. Trump said, by the way, you're not anymore. And they said, OK, we're not for free trade anymore. Or they pretend to be."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/447181-george-will-conservatives-have-become-a-cult-of-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: George Will: GOP has become a 'cult' of Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 09:36:40 pm »
Poor George!! 

This is the second time he's backed the wrong horse.  George Herbert Walker Bush was the first, calling him "Reagan's lapdog".

It cost him twelve years of pressing his face against the glass during the Bush administrations.  Locked out.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:40:34 pm »
   In before the AT'ers hang this guys carcass around MY neck (Bill Kristol is already there).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 09:50:31 pm »
   In before the AT'ers hang this guys carcass around MY neck (Bill Kristol is already there).

I was never upset by his Party POV.  He was always a columnist I was sure to read...thesaurus nearby.

He's always been conceited and pompous.  Met him several times back in the 80's at some functions.

But he's crossed the line.  He's dead to me.

It's bad enough my closet friends ...male and female are all drinking the koolade.   

They actually believe President Trump has committed crimes.   You cannot reason with them.   ....like the Terminator, only dumber.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 11:23:51 pm »
It has become a cult because of an absence of ideas. Because they have jettisoned the ideas for years, decades, all the 20th century almost. Conservatives said we're for free trade. Trump said, by the way, you're not anymore. And they said, OK, we're not for free trade anymore. Or they pretend to be."

Actually, President Trump is for fair trade and no one cares if this upsets George Will and other conservatives who put tradition over reality.

And what George Will --- the inflated has-been with his finger squarely on his navel rather than the American voter --- has yet to recognize is:  Donald Trump joined OUR cult .... we did not join his.  DJT:  "I am your voice!"

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 11:28:47 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 05:08:38 am »
Will is no more a Conservative than Goldberg or Kristol.
These frauds are grifters pretending to be who they ain't
in order to make money.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 10:54:15 am »
Somebody give the Nancy-Boy a chill-pill. He's getting the vapors.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!