Author Topic: Trump admin ending legal aid, English classes for migrant children in US shelters  (Read 467 times)

Online corbe

Trump admin ending legal aid, English classes for migrant children in US shelters

By Nathaniel Weixel - 06/05/19 11:33 AM EDT

The Trump administration told migrant shelters this week to wind down services — such as legal aid, English classes and recreational activity — that are not directly related to children's safety.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said it began instructing grantees this week to begin scaling back or discontinuing awards for activities "that are not directly necessary for the protection of life and safety, including education services, legal services, and recreation."

Federal officials said the administration's refugee office is running out of the necessary funds to deal with a massive influx of unaccompanied minors at the southern border.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/447078-trump-admin-ending-legal-aid-english-classes-for-migrant-children-in-us
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ain't that a damn shame. /s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Rivergirl

Ain't that a damn shame. /s
Bet you are just so proud to be an American.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

America 1st sweet cheeks. 

Offline libertybele

Good grief.  Cry me a river.  They ALL need to be immediately deported and dropped back over the border. Legal aid?  Absolutely NOT!!  That is ridiculous.  No amnesty. No asylum.  DEPORT THEM ALL!!!!!  They do NOT belong here.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

Well, yes I am.

So many of these children, aren't children. Our laws need to adjust to this influx.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Trump admin ending legal aid, English classes for migrant children in US shelters"

That's not good enough.
Transport them BACK TO their countries of origin, pronto!

Offline Rivergirl

History will judge us.

Offline Wingnut

History will judge us.

No. History will not.  But stupid SJW's will try to rewrite it.